South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

Default Beach Chat Friday 15th

thought i would start this just because i am on here now. Our storm did not seem to materialise hopefully it went north of us and will not arrive today. nice and sunny this morning , sitting here with my bowl of yoghurt and cup of tea. not much doing today so i am going to have a nice relaxing day reading and quilting
eileen
Old 06-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Eileen! Thanks for getting us started! I'm glad the storm stayed away and that you have a lovely day planned. I hope your tea was delish and that your quilting goes well.

I went to bed early which always means an early rise. The kitchen was a wreck and it's in the process of getting back into ship shape. I hear DH stirring downstairs so I'd best get going. Coffee time....I mixed some decaf in wondering if less caffeine might help with his pain issue. Shhhh....don't tell!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Eileen, so glad you dodged the storm bullet and have some decent weather. A friend of mine has just returned from England and is still drooling over the lovely gardens she toured. I'm sure yours down in Somerset must be lovely and I totally understand how you must miss it.

Debbie, I sure hope Kirk's pain eases soon - for both of you. I never thought of caffeine affecting pain? Let us know how your experiment works.

A tad stiff this morning from another marathon garden session yesterday but gym at 7:30 should work out the kinks. I've already had a wee session going after the Russian escape artist this morning. I cannot find where he gets out. Maybe today I'll get lucky.

Donna comes to clean, I have to do banking to get a float for the weekend fish fry and make six pies for the event. I should also go to town to get more Paul Newman as the Italian guy is just not doing it for me! (I wonder what lurkers think of that!)

Hope your TGIF is a good one.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I just ordered a case of Newman's and it should be arriving today. Hurry down here if you want some! I got a case of Wolfgang Puck's Sorrento, too. You'll have to try that, it's made me move Paul to #2 on my list.

I'm glad you missed that storm, Eileen! How often do you get to your other home in Somerset?

I hope Kirk is starting to feel better, Debbie. I know the caffeine thing works for a mammogram, so hopefully it will help him, too. What's on your agenda for today?

I'm taking advantage of my day off to take my car in for inspection and servicing. I have coupons, but I hope it doesn't need anything major. Afterwards I'll probably stop in to visit Mom & Dad before getting home in time to meet Amber at the bus stop. Today's her last day of school and she has a 1/2 day. She's also dragging, since she went to her first big concert last night and didn't get home until after midnight.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Eileen - good morning (afternoon?!) and thanks for getting us started. Your day sounds nice and relaxing!

Debbie - I just finished mixing our half caff for the camping trip. I know excedrin has caffeine in it, but maybe too much is bad? I do hope you're getting some time off to yourself as well .

Ruth - Mmmmm, pie. I don't like the cream ones, so you can mention those if you want . Good luck finding that escape artist's hole...maybe you should've name him Houdini?

Cottage - Hoping your car has no repairs!

I don't know what was more exciting yesterday - that I actually got out of work on time and wasn't worn ragged, or that I got a new bike?!?! They had a mess up with the manufacturer (manuf. fault), and so I got the next level up for the same price (200 bucks off!!!)...I can't wait to try it out!!

I'm going to work from 9-2, then off camping!! Our camping spot is just a few miles from the rails to trails, so the new bike gets a work out . No checking in for me this weekend! We go tent camping, but splurged this weekend...we have an electrical site. So, coffee maker and griddle are ready to be packed! I love that coffee off the fire, but dannnnng, it's a long wait!!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

Cottage whats this thing about caffeine and a mammogram, i am having one next week , need to know that. So far this yr i have only been to someset twice as my son is staying in the house so it is not empty, when he moves out again i will go down once a month again to keep the garden tidy and just show a presence so we don't get squatters.

Debbie i don't know about caffeine and pain but i do know that wheat makes my arthritis worse
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ladies!

Only time for a quick post.Tammy what bike did you get??? I have a specialized Sirrus elite. I love it!! My bike's Carbon forks were recalled this winter. My local shop honored the recall even though they do not sell Specialized in the store by my house. They cross honor with their sister store down county. I may upgrade in a few years to a road bike, but for now this works great for me. Happy riding
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Eileen - I've always been told by my gynocologist that caffeine aggravates pain and we should avoid it before having a mammo. I do and my mammos have always been totally painless.

Tammy - Have a graet camping trip! The weather is supposed to be glorious all weekend.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Tammy - I'm envious about the camping trip! Have fun!
I'm heading to Philly today for a work lunch. I need to check out the pub menu - I'm hoping for some sort of salad with Chicken.
It's theater season! Had our read through of Fiddler last night, and stopping by Joann's fabric today to pick up fabric for DD's Cinderella costume. It's for the NJ RenFaire, but the director wants a nod to the Disney colors for the kids in the audience. Wish I had a legit sewing room instead of messing up the house! Oh well, such is life....
I need to quick throw in some wash, and then go for a run so THAT doesn't get lost in the shuffle! Later, Ladies!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my late work day so LOTS to do this morning. I used my errand and chore time to visit my Mom so the list is long. First it's the evil lawn. It's so bad I will need to mow twice, today and Sunday, just to get it where it should be. Ah well, good exercise

Happy Friday Beachy Chicks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Grrr - run didn't happen this AM. Got caught up on the laptop. Note to self: Run FIRST - then Facebook!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got a meeting in a couple of minutes so this will be a flyby, I brought in doughnuts for the crew at work today as early Father's day celebration. I am not eating one and am not tempted I just finished a couple of nuts to get the hunger edge of until lunch.

Tonight is June Jamboree at the next town over so I will DD2 to that with her friends.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #13  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

good afternoon all.this had been a good day for the diet almost 2 pound lost since yesterday.
how are u all doing?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

everyone!

Thanks for the input! I do think it might make a small difference but I sure won't tell him-he loves caffeine and thinks he can't live without it.
Closed Thread