Beach Chat Thursday June 14th

• Good morning and Happy Flag Day!

Am I the only one near a computer? I'm sure Ruth and many chicks are up and about with or without coffee
  • Was a productive night, cooked for today. Enjoying sunny side up eggs with morning star breakfast patty. Treated myself to a pretty plate and bowl for work. Food looks and tastes better when served on real plates and utensils. Many meals at work have been eaten literally off my lap. So I appreciate this little luxury. Now if only I was enjoying breakfast in my PJ's that would be perfect!

Older pup still not himself despite the medication. Hope he feels better soon. Fortunately all of his blood work was perfect, just getting on in years. Well enjoy your day, was gorgeous morning commute
  • LOL...I was waiting for someone to start it, so we wouldn't double up!

Today is the pup's 3rd bday - she is next to me on the couch enjoying it as much as I am, I think. I might have to stop by and get her a special toy, but her real present starts next week (or so) with chemo.

Yesterday was horrendous at work, but last night was relaxing. Today *shouldn't* be nearly as bad since a relief vet has appts in am while I'm in surgery. Then tomorrow is a half day, then off to camping!!

And so far, no storms for the weekend. WHAT?! We can't go tent camping without at least one nasty thunderstorm. Typically, as we're packing up....
  • Been up for a while and in and out of 3FC. I really, really need to get some Newman's coffee and might make a special trip to town for it later today.

It's pretty cool on the back deck at 48ºF but that will make it a good day for gardening. I am winning the battle out behind the barn, I think. Maybe today I'll get the rest of those plants put in. My potting table looks like an infirmary. Maybe today I can find Jazz's current escape route.

Hey! Maybe is wimpy! Today I will plant and find and fix the escape route!

Right now it's take the trash to the road and then sneak over to the Mill with payroll cheques. If I get in and out before staff arrives, it saves a ton of time.

Looking forward to the next couple of days to clear a bunch of niggles - and make four to six pies for the fish fry at the Mill on Saturday!

Whatever you do, enjoy your day!
  • What are niggles???
  • Good morning

I worked yesterday and again today, then am off for several days. There is no rhyme or reason to the scheduling. I'm going to yoga first this morning.

Yesterday I did my first real cardio since early December (after injuring my calf) and it felt so great afterwards. Just a 20 minute slow walk on the treadmill. Hopefully I can find the motivation now to gradually get back to what was once a very consistent habit.

Not much else going on here. Hope you all have a wonderful, beachy day.
  • Good morning everyone. There was too much going on in my household earlier to pop in here, but now everyone's off for their day, and all is quiet. Amber has 1/2 day today and there was some discussion as to who could be here at noon when she got home, but we got it all sorted out.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started, and in case Ruth hasn't replied, a 'niggle' is one of those many little things that need to be done and keep nagging at you until you do get it done.

It's going to be a gorgeous June day, and the girls and I are going to pack up a picnic lunch, swing by my house to pick up Amber, and spend the afternoon at French Creek State Park. Today is also my Friday, and may be one of few Fridays that I will have off over summer vacation. I'm going to start it off with getting my car inspected and an oil change, and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't need anything else!
  • Good Morning

I've been up for a bit but stayed quiet since Kirk was sleeping...went outside for coffee. He was up half the night with pain but I slept through getting some much needed rest. I don't work today and we go later to his first PT appt. I hope to have my yard guy over for some help later this morning.

I love talking with folks at the restaurant and yesterday found common ground with my first customer....Homer Alaska and commercial fishing. Ends up I bought a truck from him and he fished on the same boat with Kirk for many years. Kirk had always told the story of finding a full container of michelob beer which had fallen off a barge and washed up on the beach. My customer produced the picture-AMAZING-Kirk is on the right....must have been in the late 70's.

Well have a good day everyone...It's smoothie time (and niggles)!

• Debbie talk about small world great story!
  • What an amazing story DEBBIE! Imagine running into that same guy in your restaurant! It gives me goosebumps!
  • hy i am new here 2 questions: where do i get the weight loss bar u all got and second any idea on how to make a good tomatoe juice or veggie juice for breakfast? tytyty
  • to The Beach.

You will be able to get the weightloss ticker and send PMs to others when you have s20 posts and have been here 20 days.

As to tomato juice, in North America we usually just buy it or V8 which is a tomato/vegetable juice. If you are thinking of having it for breakfast, you can just use tomatoes or other raw veggies.

(I am assuming the 173 for height is cms? I'll go in and modify it on your profile.)
  • another busy day, got the rest of the rhubarb and apples in the freezer and bagged up the rest that i froze yesterday. had the plumber out to check the water installation in the bathroom, water runs very slowly. apparently the water is gravity fed and my shower is higher than the tank. will have to wait and see if the landlord will pay for a pump. the sunshine was short lived major storm coming over tonight and tomorrow, just hope that there is no damage to the house down in somerset. fingers crossed
  • Quote: to The Beach.

(I am assuming the 173 for height is cms? I'll go in and modify it on your profile.)
    ty i dint look at that lol i am used to work in kg and cms

is any subforum in here with a recipe for veggie juice? cause in italy i cant find that stuff in supermarket ty