I found this recipe on AllRecipies.com and want to make them but make them phase 2 friendly. Any suggestions on how I can do that? I put in parenthesis what changes I think need to be made that will work.
Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
"Spicy whole wheat sweet potato muffins, great for breakfast or a snack, have a crunchy almond-oat topping."
1 sweet potato
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup vegetable oil (unsweetened applesauce?)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup honey (??)
1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt (low fat yogurt?)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar (splenda brown sugar?)
1/2 cup almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 16 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners; set aside. Prick sweet potato several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
2. Bake the sweet potato in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. When the potato is cool enough to handle, peel and mash.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir in the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, honey, yogurt, and mashed sweet potato, just until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5. Blend together the oatmeal, brown sugar, almonds, and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a food processor or blender. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
6. Bake muffins in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 15 minutes.