3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Chat - Thursday, May 17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/259218-sbd-chat-thursday-may-17-a.html)

Ruthxxx 05-17-2012 05:21 AM

SBD Chat - Thursday, May 17

Good morning. It's "first light" here and the birds are cranking up their sunrise chorus. The loons are still asleep but I expect the fly-past by the time I hit my second coffee.

Didn't make it to town yesterday afternoon as I got involved in yard sale pick-ups late in the day. I was pretty wiped by 6 p.m. I did get Jazz's yard exit fixed in the morning but he got out again just as I sat down to relax. Once again though, the little darling came back when I called him. I guess he'll be on the long lead again for another day or so.

I have the cheques ready for pay-day at the Mill and will pop those into the office early today. Then coffee at the Diner and off to town to start the big plant shop. I'd really love to get some of the Village planters done for the weekend since the Mill opens for tours but we'll see if that happens. I also have one more batch of fancy cookies to make for the tea party on Saturday.

We are supposed to have a gorgeous string of days through until mid-week. :carrot:

Raising my mug of Newman's to the day. Pop in and say hi! :cofdate:

TwynnB 05-17-2012 06:34 AM

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I think you need an entire new fence system....2 ft underground, 10 foot above ground, and maybe electric too?!? LOL, he is a booger!

I did get to go on my run yesterday, and it absolutely kicked my butt! It was 80 and humid (I didn't realize how hot it was), I actually intentionally ran thru the mountain water run offs from all our rain to cool me off. I think I'll take today off from exercise, esp. since I don't have much time.

And, another successful day of phase I yesterday. I saw that nice WHOOSH on the scale, now if I only stick with it! I do have to pick up a "May Birthday" cake for work this morning, but it's honestly not tempting. My bigger concern is not overindulging in my roasted pine nut hummus :).

It's a long day for work for me, hopefully all good and no bad!

cottagebythesea 05-17-2012 06:42 AM

:coffee: I'm raising my mug of Newman's to the day, especially since it's my Friday. :)

I think Cindy and I are going to take a ride out to the Amish garden center this morning for a lot of shopping, then a quick lunch before heading over to the school for Audrey's orchestra concert. She plays the violin and is going to do a solo. I'll only have 45 minutes until the end of the school day after the concert, so I guess I'll just hang around rather than driving back to the farm only to turn around and come right back.

jekel383 05-17-2012 07:13 AM

Good morning, Cottage I am a little jealous, I wish I could go the the Amish garden center. The Lancaster region is probably one of my favorite places to go. I know it can be pretty touristy, but I just live the peace and serenity of the open spaces and such. My friend and I are planning a trip to Nashville in August and I suggested a pit stop there along the way. He is such a good sport, not to mention an overnight in VA at my parents.

Actually worked out when I got home last night. Granted I had to force myself, but since the scale seems to be stuck that was enough incentive for me.

Finally a few days of nice weather ahead for NY and I'll be stuck at work. Oh well if I make good time going home implan on eating outside tonight.

Have a great day

WaistingTime 05-17-2012 07:35 AM

Good morning!

The road trip begins in about an hour and a half, if the men in my life keep to the plan. One is stressed out because his computer crashed yesterday. The other has a cold and is on California college boy time. My back has been really bothering me so this will be one very long drive. We are shooting for about 13 hours today so we can get to campus just after lunchtime tomorrow. My mom flies in tomorrow early afternoon and then we are all heading over to see my son's new (and not quite yet finished) apartment. Graduation is on Saturday.

I'll probably be checking in from the road but not commenting. Have a great weekend, everyone.