Tuesday, May 8, Daily Beach Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning all you sleepyheads! Coffee's on! Come and get yourself a cup!
  • Morning Cottage!

I can't believe it - did Ruth sleep in this AM?! YAY for y'all!

I LOVE how everything is so green lately!! I know we get tons of rain here, but the lush green is so worth it. The smell of the honeysuckle on my run yesterday was lovely!

I was going to ride my bike after the kids get on the bus, but I think I'll mop the floor, and maybe a walk after work. I'm also making lunch for work on Thursday, which is a tray of chick-fil-a nuggets (they raved on so much about this last year!) and I'm not sure what yet. What would be a good salad to bring? Most are on a diet, so I want some good choices. Probably fresh fruit salad, and spinach salad of some kind (since I have a boat of spinach). We wont mention the cheesecake as dessert .
  • Good morning. TwynnB I too was going to ride this morning, but soaking rain last night and threats of more will keep me inside on the spin bike. Seems like mother nature is not cooperating on my days off. I like to make a taco salad, no not like what you get in restaurants. I make your standard greens, add ground turkey breast (cooked with taco seasoning, salsa and baked tortilla chips for some crunch.

Today I think I will have a home mani pedi before going to the city for dinner. No clue where are going, but with city prices you cannot afford to over eat lol.

Ruth wherever you are, hope you are enjoying your morning
  • Tiesday???? How the heck did I type that???? Now I have to figure out how to fix it.

Isn't it pretty outside, Tammy? I just love this time of year with all the colors and fresh new growth. How about a nice spinach salad with strawberries for your co-workers. Most everyone seems to like that.

Since it's not raining this morning, I think I'm going to be planting several flats of marigolds and dividing and planting the huge clump of parsley that a friend of Cindy's gave her. (I might put some aside for my garden!) Other than taking Audrey to gymnastics after school, the day looks pretty uneventful for now.

Speaking of gardens, I think I'll go pick a handful of fresh lettuce to make a nice salad for my lunch. BRB!
  • Morning all! yes, I actually slept until 6 before my internal alarm clock went off. It's a very rainy morning but fairly mild. The Darling Doggage went out, did potty and have now settled into their rainy day schedule of zzzzing. "It's a dog's life" - right! And they are not "dumb" animals!

Need to take a prescription down to the druggist first thing this morning and, at noon, meet the Mayor at the bank to pay off $12000 which the Township lent the soccer girls for their trip to Sweden in summer of 2010. $12K is a lot of bake sales and car washes but they did it. I will be going out to lunch with Ron which will give rise to rumours that I am thinking of running for council. I AM NOT!

Twynn, I love the scents in the air this time of year. No honeysuckle here until June but the crabapple trees are scenting the air. I'm looking forward to my mock orange, lilacs and lily-of-the-valley. What a glorious time of year! Cottage, I'd love to see those pears in bloom on the way in to The Farm! However, I never want to go away in the month of May because I'd miss something.

More coffee, a few niggles and then I'm off to the drugstore. I'm having an edema problem again and will get a renewal on the diuretic. "Sit with your feet up" is not a good prescription this time of year.

Enjoy your day, in little pieces if need be.
  • Saved a cup of coffee for you, Ruthie. Can I be Disney for a day and spend it curled up on the couch all afternoon? I'm sorry to hear about the edema and do hope the diuretics get rid of it fast!
  • Good Morning

No sleepyheads here. Kirk and I have been up for 90 min. now, chatting and drinking coffee. Amazingly, most everything is done. Work today, pack suitcases tonight and leave here tomorrow by 4am.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Ruth, idk how familiar you are with diauretics. Just be careful as perscription strength ones will lower your BP. Also, potassium should be added as you lose it when taking them. Can you tell I have some personal experience with this lol. I am not a medical professional, but I take Lasix and potassium as need for edema. Since starting SB I have seen a huge improvement and rarely need to take my pills. Just another benefit of clean eating. Feel better
  • It's going to take more than a cup to get me going this morning. It is one of those days that would be just perfect for lounging around with a cup of tea and a good book.

I've got a musician friend of Julie's coming over this morning to start talking memorial party. I'm hoping to get some of the musicians to take over planning that piece so DD and I can focus on the logistics. Julie was an incredibly gifted musician and she loved jamming with other musicians. Problem was few were really up to it but Jesse was and she loved hanging out with him. He's been out of town so it's our first time getting together. I predict lots of tears and stories.

Tonight I'll visit my friend for wine and cheese and salad. Can someone point me to that recipe you were all raving about a few weeks ago? I think I'll make that one,
  • Mysh - It is very normal to stall for a while. Have you been taking measurements? One month I lost only 2 pounds but a full inch of my waist and hips! You can also post some menus in a separate thread and we can look at them for you.

Linda - Good morning! Happy planting.

Twynn - I find spinach salad with some berries and almonds in it goes over well.

jekel - Enjoy your dinner out.

Ruth - You are not a "feet up" gal!

Debbie - Since you are leaving before I'll be here tomorrow... happy traveling.

Cyndi - I hope you find some comfort in the shared memories today.

I'm off to yoga soon. Then my typical Target run, since it is right near the gym. DH and I might finally go look at cars this afternoon. Our teen has asked about taking one back to school in the fall so we want to start considering if we'd buy a new one for ourselves and give him one of our old ones. They are 11 and 12 years old, but we could drive them for years to come.

Have a great day, all.
  • Mmmm, I was thinking the strawberry spinach salad too. I love bleu cheese on mine, but many don't, so maybe that on the side?

Cyndi - which salad were you talking about?
  • Thanks Twynn! the cabbage, kidney bean, feta salad. I'm sure I've got it bookmarked somewhere but my brain is fuzzy lately.
  • Good morning you busy chicks I've strayed from The Beach so felt like a fraud by posting! so that means to just GET BACK TO IT. There, I yelled at myself.

Cottage - hope you have a nice day working with the plants.

Ruth - 12,000 was ALOT of bake sales! Have a nice lunch. And I know that our climate must be quite similar to yours, we're a bit behind the ladies in PA and NY but we're getting there

Twynn - I love a spinach salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, thin slivers of red onion, and some kind of tangy vinaigrette! do you have your own spinach growing?

jekel - have a nice dinner in the city! oh and you have your own spin bike at home, kewl!

Debbie - safe trip to you!

Karen - don't let the son talk you into giving him the new car, lol. Have a nice yoga session.

Cyndi- gosh...you will have an emotional morning, won't you May you both get through it with smiles and just a few tears.

Well today is my last day at the awful winter job. No more of the boss peering at my lunch, saying "wow, that's alot of food" then disappearing into the office (he would wait til he saw me try to eat) ..no more creepy male customers being jerks...no more dismissive orders from snooty ladies...no more eating my lunch in less than 2 minutes, standing up, hiding from people!
  • cyndi - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/red-bea...e7=Home%20Page

I've been thinking of making this myself again!
  • Note to self: Don't sleep in or you'll have too many posts to comment on

Good Late morning, all! Drinking a protein shake while I post - saving my coffee for in the car. I have an unkind customer to go see today. Wonder what I could do to his computer to make his life miserable, but not mine. mmmm. Nah - bad karma isn't worth it!

Going for my walk/jog when I get back. I went public with my FB friend about dreaming of doing a 5k. She said she'd train with me, so now I have to get serious. We have a FB group called 17 Days with Jenny at the South Beach Weight Watchers.

Lots of good posts, but only time to comment on one: Cyndi - while today will be sad, enjoy (yes, enjoy) planning the memorial. We had a year where we had 4 family passings in 6 months. By the third one, I said to everyone "ENOUGH!" No one says "Gee, I hope everyone stands around my gravesite looking miserable". So, we substituted a champagne toast for the traditional dropping flowers in. That was 10 years ago, and I've never regretted it. We just planned a friends father's memorial, and filled it with beautiful scripture, music, poems, and yes - a toast in the memorial garden. So - I'm wishing beautiful memories for you today.

Alright - gotta run before the grumbling customer turns into a beast! Enjoy the day. It must be clearing because I just heard the birds singing outside my office window