South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - May 5 & 6

Finally it's the weekend and I was awake at 3:55! How annoying! Just realized I've started the Daily thread every morning for the past week. Is there anyone else who is up early? If so, please feel free to crank us up.

Back later once I get some more coffee into me and can generate a bit more enthusiasm for the day. It's supposed to be sunny and warmish - a great gardening day ahead. Right now the moon is just heading west to bed. It's full Sunday night and is supposed to be huge. I may plan to sit out behind the barn and admire it.

Come and chat. If you want to keep me company, you can have SF French Vanilla creamer in your Italian roast.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth I'm already showered and into my second cup of coffee. I can already tell there will be lots of coffee today.

I'm off to set-up Julie's photography exhibit today. It will be a challenging day but my DD and a couple of our good friends will be around to help out. Here's the little bio sheet I made for the show. I'm relatively happy with it.

See you all tomorrow. Hope you make the most of your Saturday.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Julie Waters show bio.pdf (275.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, will be thinking of you today.

By the way, is that a rose breasted grosbeak? And is it one of Julie's photos? I've seen only one in my life. What a stunning bird!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Yes to both questions, right now I have three males stuffing themselves at our feeders. 2 are full adult and one is non-breeding, probably last year's clutch. They will stay here all summer and bring their piggy babies in to the feeders too. Julie has lots and lots of pictures in all their different plumage. Between them the oriole families and the cardinal families are feeders are very colorful in the summer.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

I really should do a summer feeder other than the hummingbird one.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

We've never had bear problems so our feeders stay up all summer. The cardinals and grosbeaks like sunflower or safflower and the orioles love jelly. We've had as many as three oriole families and I can go through a good sized jar every two days. Woodpecker families are a lot of fun to watch too.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and happy weekend!!! Ruth, I am up at 3:40 on my work days and many mornings I wait anxiously for the daily thread. I didn't know if I should start it lol. So now I know.

Cyndi good look with the exhibit. I just read the PDF you posted. I am so sorry, but what a beautiful way to continue with the gifts she shared.

Well I am work and my coffee cup is empty. Have a great day

Last edited by jekel383; 05-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty ladies! Interesting stuff with the feeders. My DH has bought me a couple of feeders, and there is *still* food in there from 2 years ago. Bad choices, eh?

Folgers in my cup again, boring boring. I did go garage saling yesterday, and the lady had FOUR coffee makers for sale! She said she never threw one away, but now that she had a Keurig, they all had to go!

I'm off to work, and then who-knows-what excitement. It is a beautiful morning here though, with a fresh rain last night, everything is covered, and the birds are quite excited.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My thoughts will be with you, too, Cyndi. I hope it goes well.

I kept the windows open all night and was lulled to sleep listening to the patter of rain. That always makes me sleep soundly.

Jake and I are going over to the diner for breakfast shortly, then heading over to my DD's for the day. I'll be going back over there tomorrow and should just spend the night, but that would mean Jake would have to drive home by himself, and he hates driving through the city.

We haven't had much luck with attracting hummingbirds, darn it. We've tried various feeders and planting flowers they're attracted to, but no luck. Occasionally one will make a quick pit stop, but it's fleeting.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hmmm. Another job to put on the list - put out the hummingbird feeder.

Just responded to doggie nudging and did a couch with coffee cuddle with my two poor neglected critters. Jazz very casually slurped my coffee! Apparently he like French Vanilla creamer! Disney preferred tummy rubs.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - I'm up early but not THAT early!

Cyndi - That's a lovely tribute.

Jekel - Jump right in! We used to try to come up with creative thread titles and that was too much pressure for me.

Twynn - I do remember that jingle. Now I fast-forward through all the commercials

Linda - Enjoy your weekend.

My computer is acting wonky so I'm running a virus scan which is slowing things down even more so will go read a book for a while and let it do its thing. My only plan so far for the weekend is yoga today. Last Saturday there was a substitute instructor so I still have no idea if I'll like the gal teaching today. (I did like the sub though!)

BBL
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - wow, you sure are an early bird.

Cyndi - that is a lovely tribute, Julie will be remembered by her music and photography.

Jekel - you have a great day too

Twynn - Keurig here, DH and I have coffee every morning and it would be ridiculous to make one cup at a time.

Cottage - have a nice day in N.J.

Karen - Hope yoga works out.

me - off to the garden this morning, will plant some swiss chard, hope its not too late. Also, new dishwasher coming today.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #13  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chicks! Been running all day today and am taking a break hoping to come up with some energy to head back out with the kids in a bit. Tried coffee & a piece of dark chocolate and still feel like I could really really use a nap right now.

Cyndi - I'm thinking of you today. Hugs.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

everyone!

I made it through another day of work, and had a legitimate taste of one of our offerings. Two bits of good news; one it was delicious, and two I haven't needed to taste it in 6-1/2 mos. of work. I used to eat that stuff any time I could. We have a dinner w/mom tonight. Remembering last year, I'll take my own salad and dessert since the cole-slaw was oozy and the apple pie mediocre. Fortunately, at the Elks they really don't care if I switch stuff around a bit.

Tomorrow is a long day...we travel to Glenwood to drop off the pup and pick up our fellow Alaska traveler. Good news is a dip at the hot springs.

Cyndi, you were in my thoughts today. I hope the day went as well as you could expect.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning girls, hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday. First cup of the day didn't even make it to work. Maybe I should invest in a gallon cup or better yet a shorter commute.

Last day of my marathon work week. Cannot wait for 6pm to get here. Indid manage to sneak in work outs on my meal period which really helped to keep me going.

Tomorrow is a gardening day, Tuesday long bike ride followed by dinner in the city and Wednesday is a multi errand day. Then back to work on Thursday.

Enjoy your java and your day.

Cyndi, thinking of you. How was the exhibit?
Closed Thread