South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Chatting on the Beach - Tuesday, April 24

Good morning. The snow melted away yesterday but it sure is cold out there. The dogs were out and back really quickly. Of course it helped that I was browning ground beef to make crockpot chili today!

This morning my friend Barb and I are going to bottle her wine in Smiths Falls. Harry and I used to make our own wine and I am considering doing that again. I have lots of company in the summer and it's be nice to have a stash on hand - guess that should be a "cellar"! We will probably do lunch while in town, NOT at the Chinese Buffet, I hope.

It's so nice to have a quiet week after last week's marathon. I do have to do a bit of baking for the after Church coffee on Sunday but no pressure for that. I might even get some quilting done today. I didn't even get into that room last week!

How does your Tuesday look from this early perspective? :cofdate
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth. Homemade wine sounds very nice. So glad you have a relaxing week ahead.

I can't believe how green everything is after all that rain! Now we need a couple of nice sunny days to mow and enjoy it.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, we are not getting sunshine until the weekend, just continuing cold and rain. On Saturday I have to go to an outdoor wedding on the grounds of Old Fort Henry beside Lake Ontario. I am thinking I'll need to dig out my fur coat. Things are really green though. Yesterday I could see grass sticking up through the snow so it must be ready to mow.

Here's a picture from yesterday's paper. So much for the crabapple blossoms although they may be OK.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I agree - homemade wine sounds lovely. I had a friend that made homemade Kahlua - that's even better .

This is my week that Tuesdays I work late as well, so til 7 . I really need to get a work out in since I didn't yesterday, so I think it will be the bike. I haven't checked if that'll be downstairs on the stand, or outside. Then it's off for a full day. At least they go by quickly then!

What's everyone else doing? Anything exciting?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Starbuck's Pike Place this morning, I'm all out of Newman's again. How did that happen?

Ruth, I can just imagine the fun you and Barb are going to have, bottling that wine. Don't sample too much!

Morning, Cyndi! All the rain has really perked up my garden, too. Jake mowed just before it hit us, though, so the lawn still looks nice.

It's pretty darned cold here and we have rain in the forecast up through the weekend. I have to remind myself that is IS April, after all. I'm so glad I didn't change wardrobes around yet, as long sleeves are very much appreciated.
The girls have off school today, and I'm letting them decide how we'll spend the day. I have a feeling we're going to end up at the Camden Aquarium or the Franklin Institute.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #6  

Hi, Tammy! I almost always work until 7 on Tuesdays, so you'll have company. Mmmmmm, homemade Kahlua.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I didn't check in yesterday....oops. I'm trying to get some extra rest and kick this bug. Work again...and I need to drag the trash out before I leave. That is usually DH's job. Wow...I just looked at the clock these mornings sure go by fast.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Beachers (<---wish we were sunny here like that!)

Ruth, let's hope you get some sun long before the weekend!

CyndiM the rain has certainly made the green things <pop> hasn't it! There is always a struggle here to get the mower started first time of the season, lol.

Cottage - Oh, the Franklin Institute!! that was one of our yearly school trips (I grew up in the Hopewell Township area of NJ)

Twynn - hope you get to have your bike ride outside, and that your long day goes smoothly.

Debbie - sorry to hear the bug still has you! hope you can kick it today.

hello Jenn, sophie, and Kelly, and all others

I have a work related thing I've been putting off for months...my summer job (starts in a few weeks) is pastry baking for a private club/lodge, and usually I research new recipes all winter..which just means on the computer looking at cooking/baking sites and printing likely recipes..however they start giving me terrible sweet/carb cravings and I haven't gotten any new ones. I've got to grab myself, give me a shake (or kick) and get over it!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
On Saturday I have to go to an outdoor wedding on the grounds of Old Fort Henry beside Lake Ontario. I am thinking I'll need to dig out my fur coat.
brrr! yes, wear a fur coat and be warm. I was grocery shopping on Saturday, when it was overcast, wet, windy and barely 50 degrees. I noticed all the young girls in the store were wearing t shirts, shorts and flip flops. I had on jeans, socks/shoes, and a winter coat The young folks are always too cool to be cold
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

WOW Holly I am impressed. I am a visual eater, I probably would try and eat the computer screen looking at pastries lol

it is cold an dreary here too, but we desperately needed this soaking.

I am off today and going to spend the day cleaning and cooking for the week. I found if I make three "decent" meals it is easier to decide what to bring to work with me. Tonight I am going to see The Lucky One. Movie got lousy reviews, but the book was really good.

Last night my friend took me to dinner and a movie to thank me for helping him with the garden. We went to our favorite Mexican place in Catskills. I was so proud of my choices. Grilled shrimp in a brown garlic sauce, green beans in place of rice and refried beans. No chips or salsa which was hard. but I knew if I had even one I might not be able to control myself. No snacks at the movies either. I did not want to undue all my hard work this week, especially since I weigh in today
Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Off to yoga again today; this is one of my "regular" days to get my zen on. This afternoon I am accompanying DH on a mission for his mom. We are taking her to look at lift chairs. Ever since her bout with bursitis, she has really been struggling to get up by herself. We have lots of driving: to her place 45 minutes, to the store 45 minutes, back to her place, back home. I'll pack some healthy snacks for myself for the long day.

Holly - Yikes! But now you have us to hold you accountable if you want

jekel - Good for you! Someone once told me that she never regrets something she DOESN'T eat. So true.

Off for some tea...
Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You girls and your fancy coffees!!! You've forced me to do it. I broke down and bought a Keurig. Came with 12 mixed cups, and we bought Gloria Jeans Mudslide. So far, Chris also likes French Vanilla, I like Donut Shop Coffee, and I was not a fan of Green Mountain Breakfast Blend. We also ordered Vanilla Biscotti, Creme Caramel, Mocha Nut Fudge, and Sleepytime Tea, plus the refillable cup.

Whew.

So yeah. Thanks so much for braggin on your yummy sounding coffee all the time. Cost me a fortune!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #13  

But you'll get so much enjoyment from your new Keurig, Weezle.

I wish it would be worth it to send you my Gloria Jean's Mudslide, as we don't care for it at all. Let me know how you like that Mocha Nut Fudge, as I'm tempted to try it.
Closed Thread