South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Default unconventional breakfasts

Breakfast is a problem. For me specifically, it is that I am darn near brain dead for the first 30 minutes after waking up. That doesn't leave me much time to cook. When it came down to cooking eggs vs. getting to work on time (as it often did), I skipped breakfast. Occasionally I eat cottage cheese on the go but it doesn't hold me very long.

Last week I made red beans (and rice, but no rice for me) in the crock pot for dinner on Wednesday. Every day since I have been eating the leftovers for breakfast. I love it. My brain does not have to be operational to stick a bowl in the microwave, it's filling and it's good. I think I am actually going to cook it again this week for the express purpose of breakfasts.

The dinner-at-breakfast idea was a revelation to me. Just never something I've done before. (Breakfast-at-dinner is a completely different story!)

What are some other unconventional breakfast ideas?
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I ate crockpot beans for breakfast every day for almost two years. They have a lot of "sticking" power and are fast to microwave. Leftovers are great in the morning, particularly soup, IMO. I eat yogurt sometimes but that isn't very filling for me. Just think outside the box - breakfast can be foods that you'd normally eat any time of day! Lots of gals do veggies shakes but I've never tried those.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

my fave breakfast which i just had for lunch
1/2 cup black beans
2 T salsa
1/4 cup RF Mexican Cheese
cold or nuked for about a minute give or take
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had about 5 mnutes to eat this am (b/w getting the kids on the bus at 7:40, going on a run, and then work by 9), so I had my easy standby of WW english muffin with peanut butter. I also enjoy it with cream cheese and a tiny bit of jam. Oh - another thing I tried (I had it at a restaurant initially) is a bagel thin with cream cheese, seasoning, onion, tomato, and avocado. DELISH!

I also enjoy turkey roll ups (with cream cheese and choice of veggies) a bunch.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #5  

These all sound so good, now if I could just get my body to get use to beans period.

But I am one that will eat dinner at breakfast, like Chicken Fesita, yum.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

My hubby and I have a smoothie every morning. I have a vitamix, which makes it doable. I add pretty much the same things every day; beet, carrot, kale, cucumber, ginger root, apple and a protein and a greens powder. I can almost make it in my sleep and for me it carries me through to lunch. The only time I ever have anything else is if we go out.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

sauteed onion, red pepper chunks, and egg substitute all scrambled together and then eaten in a slice of turkey breast, rolled up. (I love this, because I'm wishing it was a burrito instead, but I know the turkey is good for me!)

Egg substitute and refried beans, with salsa, or reduced sugar ketchup ( I am one of those weirdos who loves eggs and ketchup)

leftover chili, warmed in microwave, with a couple TBSP low fat cream cheese.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm not on South Beach ( have done it in the past) but I have on occasion eaten pinto beans and greens for breakfast. I'm not an egg person, they make me nauseated.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote