South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat for No Moan Monday, April 16

Good Monday to us all. Coffee this morning is Vanilla Biscotti and is OK - just OK. I liked the SF French Vanilla creamer better but used it all up. We cannot get SF up here although I continue to bug the manufacturer about it. I see a quick trip over the Bridge to Watertown in my future - might hit Jo-Ann's fabrics too.

Worked in the garden for three hours yesterday turfing out weeds. In a patch of very invasive weeds I found six strawberry plants I had forgotten I'd planted. I also took apart the Floralite plant stand and lugged parts of it up from the cellar. Those light things are heavy! This morning I'm pleased to say that I'm only a tiny bit stiff - my shower will take care of that.

Off to the gym this morning and then probably for coffee with the "Girls" (73, 78 and 62). After that I'm hoping to go to town to get my new RED car if they've finally delivered it to the right place. I have a 1:30 Mill Board Meeting so it will be a fairly rushed morning. I may be able to leave it until tomorrow.

Anybody want to bake for the Mill Bake Sale this weekend during the Syrup Festival? Never mind - stuff would probably be stale by the time it got here! I plan to do some bake/wrap/freeze marathons this week although I'm a tad short of freezer space since I have four dozen rolls baked by Peggy for the sale.

Raising the last of my coffee to you and wishing us a good week.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and Beachers just waking up.

My DD is heading back home this morning and I've got several lists running. The first thing may just be a ride on my bike and some gardening.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for a No Moan Monday and a promising week. And this past weekend was pretty grueling, topping it off with spending the entire day, yesterday, in the ER with my mother.

The sun is shining brightly in a clear blue sky, and that's always a good sign. Right?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh no, Cottage - is your mom okay?

Cyndi - glad to see you pop in - a bike ride would be lovely!

Ruth - I made some delish (oops, did I have some?) raspberry bars - they freeze well - I could just send them up on ice .

I have a little boy spying over my shoulder . In a few minutes, I'll get the kidlets moving, and after they're on the bus, go for a run. I took off last week from exercise, feeling the desire to give myself a break. I have a dr. appt later- just to establish somewhere, since I don't have a primary care physician. I just LOVE getting weighed at the doctor. (NOT!)
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - thinking of you. Hope it was an easy fix
Old 04-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth Girls are Girls at any age!
Cyn those sound like the best 2 things on the agenda!
Twynn Those sound good recipe please
Cottage-I'll say a prayer for a speedy recovery for your mom and that you have a little much deserved peace and quiet today!

I have a lot on my plate today. PT Later which will be a Godsend. I fell and hit my hip on a chair. (it was a choice between hip or face) so the stretch will make me feel back like $1 million in the mean time Hooray for Advil!!

We didn't stain the porch. . .decided to get some estimates from painters. The thousands of nail holes are a bit daunting!
Have a great day! I'll try to check in tonight.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, Cyndi and Tammy.

Tammy, Mom has had severe back pain for almost 3 weeks, to the point where it takes her breath away. I literally forced her to the ER yesterday. It took ALL day to do tests, but thank God it wasn't the news we were all expecting. But she does have 2 compression fractures in her back. That can be treated on an outpatient basis without invasive surgery. We are all just very thankful it wasn't a return of her cancer.

Good morning, Kierie. I'm sorry about your fall and hope it's not giving you too much pain!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-16-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Beachers

Ruth, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your car arrives!

Linda, I'm happy that the news was better than expected for your mom.

Twynn, our docs don't even take the time to weigh anymore.

Cyndi, I hope you get a bike ride in.

Kierie, feel better soon! Yes, hip is better than face.

I'm dragging this morning....didn't get much of a day off and food at DD's was not OP and I didn't really have a better option. This starts a long work week for me as I cover shifts for a coworker. I work M-TUE-THUR-SAT-SUN then start it over next week. She'll cover for me while I'm in Alaska.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage- thank goodness for your mom! That has got to be a relief for you and your family (and your mom)

Lexiss - WOW - what a schedule! Hope you get time for a little break for yourself!

KO - hope the PT helps you feel better!

Just went for a quick run, waiting for my WW english muffin to toast, and I'm off to work!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- hope you get your car today

Cottage- sorry to hear about your mom

Cyndi- A bike ride sounds lovely

Twynn- I agree I hate weighing in at the Doctors.

Debbie- You are always so busy

Keirie- Hope the PT does the trick.

I have to finish a report up today and have lots of meetings but I think I will just close my door and do it. I took home but just couldn't muster the energy to do work at home this weekend. We got lots of rain this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all,

Cyndi - I hope you have a nice day!
Cottage - I hope the ER visit fixed what was ailing your mom.
Ruth - raising my coffee to your car!
Twynn - hope the weigh in is better than expected!
Debbie - ugh! Hop on Ph1 with me?
KO and Pearl

I am home today - lots of writing to get done for a grant so I need to not be interrupted - except by Chloe cat who is all up in my shizz. Shopping went well, but no matter how well I do, I am always disappointed that I am not smaller?!!? I got two pairs of capris (18) and 2 pairs of jeans (16W) as well as 4 shirts in a regular old XL.

Have a good Monday all!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaackk!

We drove straight through and got home in the wee hours of the morning. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and think I will go back to bed after this. We had a nice trip. Our son is putting down a deposit today on a unit that won't be finished until June 1, brand new. Expensive but very nice, safe, in a great area. Not sure now what this means for timing to help him move. Not sure I can take a third trip off work so soon (this one, graduation, moving in June.) It'll all work out without me. Just need to remember that and let go.

I stayed OP about 99% of the trip! I had two bites of my husband's dessert one night. Very small bites. And I accidentally ate a baguette from Panera before my brain fog lifted (thanks to viewing and discussing 9 apartments in 8 hours) enough for me to realize they should have given my a whole grain roll. Oh well. Overall I'm please with my eating and feel confident I can do this again.

Off to hydrate and sleep. Feeling "road trip hungover."
Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon everyone!

Late posting - been busy at work, but that's a good thing! Updated my tickie but it's good to be accurate right? Thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast cheesecake and snack, and am looking forward to lentil stew for lunch and portabella parmesan for dinner. Mmmmm. I had forgotten how tasty healthy food can be.

Gotta get back - hope everyone's having a fabulous day!

Lisa
Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon, everyone. Sheesh, it's late. This week is the busiest week of the year for us and I definitely WILL NOT miss it in 2013!!

Of course, today is beautiful, and I'm sure the rest of the week will be, too. If I had time to take a lunch, I'd definitely eat it outside, but we'll be working through lunch every day this week. Blech.

On a GREAT note, I'm down 3 lbs. already. I haven't been perfect by any means, but the one baby step I've taken to get back on track is to replace my after-dinner snack with fruit. I know fruit isn't the best thing to have as my last food for the day, but it's better than the cookies and cakes I was eating before. My baby step for this week is to go up/down the stairs an extra time for every time I have to use them. I already feel my thighs and rear burning!!

This week is hectic. Work is busy and it's also Relay for Life here, so I've got that to get through. I'm team captain for our team honoring our boss' wife who was diagnosed with breast cancer over Christmas break. The actual Relay is Friday night, so I'm hoping to walk 3 - 4 miles while I'm there.

Okie dokie. That's it for me. Wish I could stay and chat, but my banana is over, so that means my break is over, too!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Debbie - ugh! Hop on Ph1 with me?

Thanks, Jenn, but probably not. It was one day one meal and I just jump back on. I have 8 waitress days in the next 11 and with all the running it's not a good P1 time.
Shopping went well, but no matter how well I do, I am always disappointed that I am not smaller?!!? I got two pairs of capris (18) and 2 pairs of jeans (16W) as well as 4 shirts in a regular old XL.[/QUOTE]

Jenn, give yourself some credit girl! I still remember those 2x and 3x! 16/18 and XL is fantastic! (our Walmart has 5x and 6x)

Back from work and I'm getting sick...not fun...sore throat. Think I'll drink something warm and lie low.
Closed Thread