South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chat, Friday April 6

Good Morning

An early one here...it's warm and bright out and coffee is flowing freely. We had a nice day in Denver and I brought home some carpet samples. Today it's back to reality and I'm going to see if I can get our taxes done before I really wake up. I'm going to try to stay "in" today and get caught up with things. My "find" at Costco yesterday was a frozen seafood medley; shrimp, scallops and squid. I think I'll try a simple cioppino tonight...with salad, of course.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and sleepyheads to follow. Thanks for mentioning your "find". I was reminded that I have scallops, shrimp and squid in my freezer. I may make a cioppino later this weekend.

We have a glorious day getting ready to unfold out there. Funny but I always think Good Friday should be gray and cold but I'll take this. I have a village church service to attend this morning and a few odds and ends to do before the Pypers but today is much more manageable than my frantic yesterday.

Keith and his friend Don who is also a retired car dealer are scouring the area for my new car and have a line on two. I'm insisting on a Ford Focus SEL Hatchback in Racing Red. At the moment there are only two in Eastern Ontario. This weekend I'll go and take the plates off my poor sick car but know it's going to be in a good home. In the meantime I do have wheels, even if they are attached to a whale.

Wonderful Wendy came yesterday and really spiffed up the gardens at the front and side of the house. Some plants did not survive the "open winter" but that means I can buy some more! Pansies are now ready at one greenhouse so I may get some of those over the weekend. I love the wee faces.

Time to get it in gear and tackle the morning. I do hope you all have a wonderful long weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Debbie and Ruth! Debbie, I hope you get your things done..and am glad it is warm and bright where you are! Ruth, lol at the 'whale' you are driving and best wishes on the car of your choice, in Racing Red of course!

Cold and cloudy here, as it's been for the past couple days. Even flurried yesterday off and on. I .... want .... warmth

One more week of work, then 2 weeks off!!

Cyndim, you asked about the ski resort closing...Stowe Mtn. Resort closed on Monday the 2nd. Our business has dropped to almost nothing...I shall try not to complain about being too bored at work, lol. That does make it an even bigger challenge to not do any 'bored eating'.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers Thought I'd pop in before my day gets rolling. DW is sleeping in a bit before the morning rush then off to a full day of work again. I've got a few errands then a day of house chores. Next week she has 3 treatments that should be -4 hours each with an hour drive on either side so I won't get much done.

Debbie - Can I come over for dinner? Yum! Makes me wish we had a Costco around here.

Ruth - Cute car! I absolutely love my Fit but have been reading up on the Fords in case Julie's car can't be resurrected once she can drive again. I kind of got busy and forgot to start it all those cold days in January and now at least one battery is dead

That was my 5 minutes. Hopefully I'll drop by later Happy Friday friends!

ETA - Good morning Holly Hooray for vacations! Hope the weather is just right for you. Any plans?

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-06-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning Cyndi! No special plans for my 2 weeks off..DH doesn't have the time off, so no travel plans. It's pretty much weather-dependent on what I do...if it's nice out, yard work and clean up, and m'cycle riding..if not nice out, then indoor clean-up. And full devotion to SB'ing Would love to try some of the baking type recipes here and freeze them, like the Nessa Oatmeal bars I've been reading about!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning early chicks and all who follow

Debbie - Taxes - don't remind me! DH is still working on ours and it is very stressful around here. Enjoy your dinner.

Ruth - Did you know that urban legend says red cars get more speeding tickets? Zoom, zoom.

Holly - A staycation is sometimes the best kind.

Cyndi - Hope you squeeze in some time for yourself today.

Off for my workout with my mom this morning. Must get to Costco myself today unless DH does it for me. I need some stuff for our many meals out this weekend. Tonight starts the onslaught of eating. Our first wave of in-laws arrives locally and we are meeting them for dinner out. We get to be the first of the local family to meet our new grand-niece I don't get to pick the restaurant so am crossing fingers for a tasty OP option on the menu.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - Mmmmmm, I think I'll have dinner with you tonight too. I'm not sure I wanted a reminder about taxes though! Ours are almost done, I just need to review and send in.

Ruth - CUTE car!! Does it really get 59 mpg highway? I wanted to see what the "**" meant after that, but didn't want to keep clicking.

Cyndi - sounds like Julie's been doing pretty well?

Holly - a staycation sounds amazing. Read a book or two for me!

Karen - hoping for willpower for you!

Wow....DH just drove off with the kids, he's headed to NC to see his parents. I suppose I'll have this knot in my stomach until I get notice he arrived....I-95 scares the beans out of me! I have off this morning - I'll probably go on a run or hike, and then work this afternoon. Shhhh...I'm kinda looking forward to an evening by myself here!! What to do, what to do?!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie- good luck with your taxes.

Ruth- I have a focus but its a few years old, average 35 mph combined city and hwy, I love it. Those new focus look really nice

Cyndi- I am always reminding DH to go start up his 66 mustang in the garage

Holly- enjoy your staycation

Karen- hopefully you will have good eating choices.

Twynn- enjoy your evening by yourself. Occasionally it is a nice thing hehe

I woke up to 39 degrees this morning had to pull a sweater on. I don't mind this weather it will get up to 60 degrees, we are more back to normal weather instead of 90 degree weather this past Sunday too hot for this time of the year.

Not sure what is on the agenda tonight. Have a great day everyone
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks!
Just starting 5 days off from work! Plenty to keep me busy around here but any day where I don't have to squeeze "life" around my 9-5 is a good one.

Twynn - enjoy your alone time!
Holly - I've been making the nessa bars for breakfast and they're sooo much better than eggs. Going to play around with the recipe a bit this weekend.
Ruth - good luck getting the car you've had your eye on!
Karen - enjoy dinner tonight!
Hi Debbie & Cyndi!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I'm tired of paperwork, may head to the basement for a spaghetti squash. I think I'll serve my seafood over it. Endless chores here including taking the old carpet away. I did get on the recumbent bike for 20 minutes even though I wasn't in the mood.

Kelly, yippee for 5 days off. Glad you're liking the Nessa Bars!

Pearlrose, yeah, the cooler weather seems more appropriate even if you had to pull a sweater out.

Twynn, wow a quiet evening …..shhh...enjoy it!

Karen, best wishes as you start the onslaught of eating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good restaurant choice.

Holly, I want warmth, too, but not too much.

Cyndi, sorry about the house chores...I'm doin' them with you.

Ruth, sporty car! I'm imagining your whale...lol
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Good morning everyone!

Wow, some of you get up REALLY early!~

I'm working on getting up earlier, but I hope I never have to get up before the sun again. Lol.

I used to get up with my husband who had to get up at 4:00 A.M. and it really threw me for a loop physically. I'm one of those people that likes to stay up until then.

Off to my morning workout!
Closed Thread