South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Beach Chat, Thursday April 5

Good Morning

I didn't check in yesterday....I had gotten a call to work the eve before and we slept way to late. I got up with just time for 2 cups of coffee, a smoothie and time to pack my lunch. It's nice to have the family home.

Ruth, I'm sorry to hear about your car. What a pain!

I'm glad to be up early as I have a dr appt. with mom this morning and would like some home time. I think I'll go make a big salad, clean the fridge and sort through the freezer. That way I can come up with a plan for the next few days.

Kirk took our vita mix with him and made smoothies the entire time he was away. (I borrowed moms) He came back with a notched up attitude about eating healthy. That's cool...it has really helped me to stay OP with spousal support.

What's up in your neck of the woods? Stop by and say hi
Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Managed to sleep until 5:15 this morning and so did Jazz. He didn't start the puppy crying until he heard me upstairs.

Lexxis, I feel your relief in having the family home. Are they allowed to put feet or paws on your gorgeous floors?

Pretty busy day yesterday with car research and the Clinic luncheon which went well. (I am getting accustomed to driving the whale.) Both dogs took a lot of persuasion before they'd get into the back seat to go to do pet therapy. Smart doggies about not getting into strange cars!

Keith, the retired car dealer friend, is researching cars for me and will be phoning around today for "deals". He says I am not going to be dealing with salesmen but with the "top man". Sounds pretty good and I hope a car is found. It absolutely has to be red! My brother still wants me to buy his BMW but says it shouldn't be driven in winter. How dumb is that! He didn't offer to get me a free winter car.

Have tons of stuff to do today as the Pypers are coming for dinner tomorrow instead of Sunday! I have to read at an ecumenical village church service tomorrow morning which will be followed by the inevitable "lunch" so need to get pretty organized today. I have a pork loin to get into the dry marinade and then my rum cake to make. There's also some sort of screw-up with the elementary school work specs for the Fair. (Attachments won't open!) Looks like a full day. (I'm be skipping the Maundy Thursday Church service tonight even though it is at our wee Church.)

A crammed day. If Keith finds a car and wants me to see it today, I'll probably self-destruct!

Hope your Thursday is calm and gentle. Have a cup of Paul before you leap into your day and chat a bit.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Debbie, that's great that Kirk is such an advocate of healthy eating and on board with you. What did he think of your awesome floor job?

Ruth, I'm hoping for an 'oasis of calm' in your chaotic life today. That's wonderful that Keith is willing to help and advise you in your car search, and I know you'll end up with the perfect car. What on earth is your brother thinking of with a car that shouldn't be driven in the winter???

It's nice to have the next 4 days off, and I'm trying to organize my time. After a quick dust-and-vacuum this morning, I have a few errands to run and will probably stop by Mom & Dad's for a coffee and chat. I offered to do the final coat of finishing paint in the bathroom, but that's Jake's "baby" and he won't let me touch it. The bathroom reno looks fantastic, though, and a professional couldn't have done a better a job. It's exactly how I've pictured it.

I may pack an overnight bag and spend a night at Monica's, but I'm still undecided. I think Jake wants me to hang around here, but we'll see. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled in several directions at once.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Linda, Kirk was a bit in shock. He loves the finished part but the living room without carpet is a bit annoying. I showed him the carpet I like and so far he's agreeable so it looks like that's the next project. Nice for you to have these days off...enjoy them.

Ruth, it sounds like you're on the right track searching for a car! I know the perfect one will show!

I'm heading downstairs to make a batch of liquid laundry soap. I'm such a recycler and was tired of those big plastic jugs so I found a recipe. It's super cheap and not to difficult to make. This will be my second batch.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm going to spend lots of time online and on the phone today, researching hotel options for our upcoming road trip. I an over-planner! We never know how long we'll feel like driving before we stop for the night so I put together a list of viable options at about one hour intervals along the road. It's a lot of work but it really pays off when we are in the car and ready to stop.

I'll go to yoga today than my usual "post yoga Target run" since they are so close. Need to stock up for the weekend. And we have a phone call scheduled with our teen this afternoon.

Have a great day, all.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - you're so blessed to have so many good people to help you out. I'm excited to see what kind of car he recommends you getting!

Debbie - I'm not sure I'd let anyone walk on the floors. And my dog leaves marks on our old floors with her nails...I think the dog would be banished too!

Cottage - hope you get some down time too to enjoy your four day weekend!

Karen - I'm the same way about hotels and planning, it kind of annoys my DH, I think! But who wants to stay in a nasty hotel!?

Ugh, my kids are wearing me out! My DS (you determine what the "D" stands for today in that.... ) is at a talking back stage and it takes everything in me not to lose my cool. DH and have GOT TO sit down and develop a plan...and then STICK TO IT. Can you tell he copped an attitude this AM?

I'm on day 3 of phase I, and it's going really well. Most times I'll still have fruits (and I may should have, I felt pretty weak on my run yesterday), but man...without them....no cravings or urges what-so-ever. Thanks to you crazy chicks on here, and thinking out of the box, I've had my pinto beans and ham the last few days for breakfast....and carries me thru my lunch without a problem! Beans for breakfast, who woulddathunk?

Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251.5/248/175

Height: 5 ft. 3.5 inches

Hi all...

I have a major confession I need to make. I have totally fallen off the wagon Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Being off plan made me sick, literally. My husband confirmed what I was feeling. Going through this ickiness was a blessing! I now know that my body is much happier eating the SBD way and that just confirms that SBD is healthiest for my body and I feel the best while eating this way.

So, here is to starting Phase 1 all over again and having a clean Phase 1.

Love to you all. Hope everyone is well and I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by ArmyWifeTDS; 04-05-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #8  

Today has been the first day since starting that I haven't had nausea and a headache. Hurrah! Had lovely flax seed pancakes and v8 for breakfast and a tuna salad for lunch. Bought a welsh dresser for the kitchen and walked the dog.
Hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Good moring everyone (what's left of it anyway)!

I am still in such a euphoric mood over this new way of eating! I know all of you who have been doing it for a while probably get tired of hearing us noobs gush over how easy this is and how great it is, Lol, but it's just so true for me, I have to share it!

one interesting note is that last night I was so cold after I went to bed, it took me hours to get warm, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the changes I've made or just a fluke. We'll see. I'm just noting differences in how my body feels and behaves. :-)

Have a great day everbody!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWifeTDS View Post
Hi all...

I have a major confession I need to make. I have totally fallen off the wagon Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Being off plan made me sick, literally. My husband confirmed what I was feeling. Going through this ickiness was a blessing! I now know that my body is much happier eating the SBD way and that just confirms that SBD is healthiest for my body and I feel the best while eating this way.

So, here is to starting Phase 1 all over again and having a clean Phase 1.

Love to you all. Hope everyone is well and I hope everyone has a great day!
I'm sorry you all weren't feeling well, but you're right, our bodies let us know when we are off track!

Isn't it great to know that we have Phase 1 to help us get back on track?

I am still in Phase 1 for the first time, but it is so reassuring to know that if I feel myself slipping later, I can come back to it. It's been so easy to stick to.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #11  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

So after too long away I decided a couple of days ago to head back to SBD! It actually (literally) came to me in a dream about Dr Who of all things and I'm taking it as a sign that it's GOT to be the right decision. I just bought Supercharged (I had the original paperback but I have no clue where it might be) and will plow through it and plan on really starting back in on the 15th. I know it seems like a long time to wait, maybe, but I want to reread the book and get myself situated and my son's on Spring Break next week (actually, starting tomorrow). Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by whoopseedaisee; 04-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Karen, and welcome back. Nice to "see" you here. Are you still working 3rd shift?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, I really thought I posted before heading out this morning

It was a busy day of errands and coffee with a good friend. Hope everyone is having a satisfyingly successful Thursday, whatever that means to you

Welcome Karen! I'm originally a central NY girl too. Nice to meet you

Nelsonsmum- I'm curious about the pancakes. Is it just a thinner version of the muffin recipe? I had a flax carrot cake muffin for breakfast Love those little seeds.

ArmyWife - We all have those episodes, big or small. The trick is learning the lesson and then remembering it. I'm working on that too!

Okay, off to do afternoon stuff. Hope I get it right tomorrow morning
Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #14  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Still 3rd shifting it which doesn't make anything easy. You would think after 7 years I'd have it figured out! My son is in kindergarten so as soon as he gets on the bus in the morning I typically head for bed as soon as I can and stay there as long as I can. I have a feeling he'll get to watch me Tae Bo a lot after he gets home because I don't seem to be able to wake up early enough to do more than make coffee before hand
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #15  

I mix 3tbsp of flax meal with an egg and a tiny splash of fat free milk to slacken off the mixture. Add some cinnamon,baking powder, stevia and vanilla essence. Leave for a couple of minutes for the flax to absorb some of the liquid.
Fry in a tiny amount of olive oil. Do not try to move the pancake for a couple of mins as they are quite fragile. They are ready to turn when there are bubbles on top and the edges begin to look dry.

Some people have them with sugar free maple syrup or with fat free cream cheese. I have also heard of people not adding sweet ingredients at all and using them as bread for sandwiches. Not tried muffins yet. Am still loving pancakey yumminess
Closed Thread