South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Beach Chat - March 26th

Well all three MODS are online right now so let's race to see who starts the Daily! ROFLOLPIMP!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

I won!!!!

It's quite cold outside this morning - back below freezing, alas! Never mind the snow is gone and the mud will be frozen solid for a while. There will be no gardening on the schedule for today but I may get a few outdoor things done after my trip to the gym. I also need to do some meal planning and cooking ahead for the week, particularly since my ticker is lying again!

Today might also be the day I do Donna's taxes and the final return for her husband who died in August. Using Turbo-Tax makes it pretty easy. I'm still missing one donation receipt before I do mine so must track it down. Then I'll know how miserly my refund will be!

OK - more coffee and then into the gym clothes and outta here! Have a super day.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - I'll often go on here, see threads are closed and mods are on...so I wait. But then no one posts! LOL...are y'all trying to be polite most days and let others play first?!

I rode my bike to work yesterday (not to do work, but to see how long it would take) and took quite a nice spill. Maybe someone is telling me not to? That's in addition to the chain falling off maybe 6 times, and my garmin watch going bonky. I think I'll wait on riding to work...

Don't tell the Walter (our kitten), but he's getting his big man surgery today!! Hopefully work will go well, and then we *may* go back and purchase a new truck, if they'll go down a bit. My husband's head may get a little too swelled up having a bigger truck though! We want a larger (tundra) truck to pull a camper someday...and wouldn't you know, a friend of our neighbor is keeping an old camper at our neighbors house, and it is CHEAP, but in good condition. How's that for working out?

Time to drink my not-so-good coffee and get going...
Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Jazz sends his best wishes to Walter and wishes him a speedy recovery.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Ruth, congrats on winning, lol. Don't we hate it when our ticker lies, hah! Hope you have a good workout at the gym.

Twynn, oh sorry to hear about the spill on your bike!! anything skinned/bleeding?

Back to freezing and WHITE out there today, boooo. Knew it was too good to last! Maybe back into the 50's by the weekend.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, thanks Jazz!!

Holly - I have kinda nasty road rash on my outside calf. Made it fun to sleep last night. I kinda feel like an idiot!

I have five cats sitting here staring at me. Do you think it's breakfast time?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Checking in...wishing you all a great day, and Walter and Twynn both a speedy recovery. I have been up for awhile and have lots to do in this hour before I head to work...my helper is coming to work solo.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

OK, Ruth, you win the start-up prize today. The site kept freezing up on me, and I finally ended up restarting my computer. It seems to be working OK now.

My sympathies to Walter and a prayer for a speedy recovery. I hope your road-rash clears up fast, too, Tammy. Good luck on getting a great deal on your new truck!

Morning, Holly and Debbie!

We're back to normal March weather here, too, although Andrea just came in from walking Amber to the bus stop and said it wasn't too bad. I guess I'll find out today whether the girls are going away for Spring Break next week. Cindy hasn't said anything to me about it, but the girls mentioned it. It's hard to believe that Easter is almost here already!

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Monday!

Cyndi - Glad you liked it.

Ruth - DH is still working on our taxes, trying to figure out something to do with stock trades. I'm ignoring it all, for now.

Twynn - Oh no! Ouch. I've fallen before myself.

Holly - We've been spoiled with the weather this year.

Debbie - Have a great one.

Linda- I forget that the East Coast does spring break in April. Yes... and April is now less than a week away!

This standing on my feet for work thing is killing me; my lower back aches. I'm assuming that will get better in time when I get used to it. Sigh. This morning I workout with my mom. Then grocery shopping. And niggles.

My teen, the one struggling with school and stuff right now, had his new iPhone stolen yesterday. This is soooo not what he needs. He's quite understandably upset and to add insult to injury, a replacement is going to cost $650 dollars. Eeek. AND, it was stolen when he was playing soccer and he then told us he hurt himself playing and may need to actually go to the health services today. The poor kid needs a break. (Not a bone break!)

Have a great day, all.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning & hoping you all have a good day!

Back to work today - its going to be a long week. No one was happy about getting out of bed this morning.

Ruth - enjoy your time at the gym
Twynn - I hope both you & Walter heal quickly
Karen - I hope your son can catch a break soon!
Hi Debbie, Linda & Holly!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, had a wonderful weekend now it's back to the work grind

Twynn- Hope you and Walter recover quickly
Cottage- DD2 is on Spring break next week as well, we are not going anywhere since we are going down to Orlando for my work in four weeks and we are pulling her out of school to come with me and DH.
Karen- your son definitely needs a break soon.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - oh those dreaded taxes, its a painful time around here for us.

Twynn - I guess you are doing the surgery, what's this 5 cats.

Holly - do you have today off. Hope so.

Debbie - hope your day is great, you sure have alot on your plate.

Cottage - hope you get a break if they do.

Karen - poor guy, hope things look up for him soon. Its so hard being a mother.

Kelly - Hope today goes by quickly.

I always get so busy with family stuff on the weekend. Had to rip out a sweater I knitted for DD because it was to small so now back to the drawing board. I haven't checked my plants this morning, to see if they are frozen. Hope not, I have a rosemary tree that is 3 years old.
Have a good one everyone
take care
Sophie
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning
Ah yes, I'm up and my computer is awake at 6 but I'm usually flat out busy until either we leave for an appointment or DW is dropped at work or the Park and Ride I might peek in once in awhile but I don't have time to even sit in the chair. I've just finished my breakfast and more coffee, now I'm gearing up for a massive cleaning day.

Ruth - I'm so glad you're seeing the doc this week. That cold needs to be done!
I need to get the crockpot going again. I made Karen's yummy soup yesterday and the roasted veggies Saturday. One more run should get me through the week. What's on your list?

Twynn - ouch! I really hate it when the chain comes off. I usually get grease everywhere.
Sebastian sends his sympathies to Walter but admits he never misses them.

Holly - no white here thank goodness, just cold and wind. It does look like we're heading back to the 50s so hang in there

Debbie - good luck today! Hope all goes smoothly and very quickly

Cottage - A vacation week sounds nice, can you get away?

Karen- It's so hard watching them struggle. Hope it's nothing major injury-wise.

Kelly & Rose good morning

Sophie - Hope your plants survived.

Okay, time to get to the cleaning. I won't have another block of time like this until next Monday.

Hi ho, hi ho......
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1.5"

I have the dreaded taxes hanging over my head, too.

Ouch, Twynn! I'm always paranoid about crashing on my bike. My bike has a quick release front tire and I used to be terrified it would release while I was going full speed. Part of the reason I don't bike much anymore.

Karen, if the iPhone is brand new (not refurbished) and you (or he) bought it with a credit card, your credit card insurance might cover the loss. Mine does. Your poor son. My daughter dropped her iPhone when it was brand new and shattered the screen. She is very responsible for her age and takes good care of her electronics so she really felt terrible about it. The guys at Apple were super nice though and replaced it for free. Even better, they replaced her refurbished phone with a NEW one! Yay Apple!

I have not been staying on plan this weekend, I only had a couple of cheats but they were pretty bad ones. The first involving quite a large amount of alcohol and the second, a moderate amount of pizza. I have been really stressed over the website project, and just not caring. Today I'll try to do better.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 251.5/248/175

Height: 5 ft. 3.5 inches

Hello all.
Twynn...hope you are feeling better.

Everyone else, I am sending love and hope you all have a great day!!
Closed Thread