South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday-March 14

Good Morning

So far, today is a day off. I tried to sleep in with the ususal results. I feel like I'm a good city block from my coffeemaker in our old Victorian so I think my first exercise of the day will be to take a short hike to make some coffee!

I've got a large mental list which I ought to translate onto paper. The paperwork is done and so other than delivering it to her I might actually be able to stay home today...except to go to recycle. Exercise is on my agenda and the earlier the better. I think I'll ride my recumbent bike today.

What's up in your neck of the woods? Stop and chat

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie! Hopefully, your hike in the old Victorian was enjoyable, and the coffee was worth it .

I found out I have a meeting before work today(for school), so off to that, then if I'm lucky a hike/jog after work. Oh darned, I had a cancellation today! The weather was SO beautiful yesterday, but that darned paycheck kept me inside. Tonight the kids have martial arts, and there's a women's night for church that I'll try to juggle in, while DH goes to his aviation meeting. I guess it will be a busy day!

The coffee is good today!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You're awfully perky this morning, Debbie! Don't you wish we had a turn-off button for our brains sometimes? I hope your day off is a satisfying one filled with "ME" time.

It's looking to be another beautiful day here in our string of early spring weather. I opted out of helping out with the birthday party yesterday, and instead came home and worked in the garden beds. The weeds are already trying to flourish, but I think I've gained a foothold on them. Jake is supposed to have the beds all tilled up and ready for planting in the next week or so, and he's been building raised beds for the girls' garden at the farm.

Today is my "morning at Susie's", and it should be another early day for me since I can drop the girls off at the stables for their riding lessons and head on home. We'll probably do supper on the grill and sit outside on the patio until the evening chill drives us back inside. Survivor tonight!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! I hope you find the time in your busy schedule to get out and enjoy a nice jog in this glorious weather!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies!

Debbie, lol @ hiking through the big house to find the coffee In my adult life I have fantasized about how wonderful to have a big house..but I wouldn't be able to keep up with keeping it respectable, I can't even do that in a 1400 sq. ft. house

Twynn, you have a busy-sounding day!! hope you can get a hike/jog in, especially if you are having beautiful weather.

Linda, oh sitting on the patio after dinner sounds so nice I envy that you can work in the garden already.

I have today off, so I need to do the basic things, laundry, vacuum, pay bills (property taxes due tomorrow, can't forget that one) etc. We are having incredibly mild weather also, but no sun today and still a little chilly for my first motorcycle ride...but maybe tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Looks like it is going to be another glorious day today, too bad I will be inside for most but I will enjoy this evening

Cottage- enjoy your evening
Debbie- your hike made me smile
Twynn- Hope you fit everything in today
Holly- enjoy your day off though it sounds as if you have a lot to do.

Tonite is DD2 dance class but other than that nothing else on the agenda, might work on trying to reset up home network but might not

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I wrote a long "to do" list of things for today since I am thinking I'll already feel bored after my excitement of working the past two days Top on the list is bra shopping, always a frustrating exercise considering my lack of endowment.

I've got one full week of PH1 (for the umpteenth time) under my belt and feel great. Even went out to eat with the teen last night at a mongolian grill place and stayed OP. My poor bowl looked so empty beside the others that were filled with rice underneath the stir fry.

More unseasonably warm weather here. I can't even remember what March is supposed to feel like!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #8  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning chicks! After yesterday's monsoon in the morning it turned out five a beautiful day and it looks like we're in line for another today. Hoping to enjoy some time with the kids after work & school.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning It was another hectic morning but now we are relaxing in some comfy chairs and waiting for DW's 11 am treatment. It's another nice day here, I hope to get out for a walk while DW is working.

Debbie - Hope you get your day at home and maybe a little time for r&r

Twynn - good luck today, hope you can squeeze in some outside time

Cottage - wow, happy gardening I'm going to plant peas, kale & spinach this weekend. They might not do much but I can't resist trying with this weather.

Holly - the 10 day still looks great!

Rose, Karen, & Kelly

Don't think I'll get much more done than taxiing and waiting today. DW is only working two hours so I won't even go home then. I'm going to try to get a walk and some grocery shopping in though. Tomorrow is a full day off, no appointments! Can't wait.

Hope your hump day is moving along without any bumps
Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #10  

Height: 5'10"

Hello - jumping in to inroduce myself! I'm on day 3 of PH1...two years ago I lost a lot of weight following the Ideal Protein diet, then got really tired of the options and back-slid until last summer when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. From that point on, all common sense was out the window as I dealt with surgeries and treatment etc. and all the comfort food casseroles my friends delivered. I'm not able to go back on Ideal Protein because I cannot have soy, so the SBD seemed like the next best option. I love not counting calories and the options I have. Looking forward to getting to know you all as I continue down the SBD road.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi HockeyMom23,

congratulations on beating your cancer!! and I hope you have as much relatively easy success on SB as I am having
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks,

Sorry I've been a bit MIA - busy at work and by the time I get home, it's not worth it to post because it's so late, no one reads it

HockeyMom and congrats!!!!

I am off to go grab SOMETHING for lunch. My eating is really off - not off plan but just not frequent enough. Which reminds me to make an appointment with my Dr...

Enjoy your day (I won't, it's TOO hot!)
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #13  
Maryanna

S/C/G: 167/132/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello everyone! Haha, I become jealous because all these SBD chats start off with coffee, and silly me gave up coffee for lent! I've been drinking tea with milk sometimes but it just really isn't the same!
Weather is actually nice in jolly ol' England haha. It's been sunny- not a cloud in sight- and the terrible wind has been under control. I'm just expecting the clouds to come at any moment though! I love the weather and am definitely not complaining! Makes me excited for spring- to go jogging outside as opposed to inside- and all the flowers and lush green to come out!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Is it too late for em to join you for coffee? I'm just back from my girl-time with my sister in Ottawa and just manged to re-connect my computer which has been in the hospital recovering from some nasty malware. All is well now.

West Side Story was absolutely fabulous as was the one on one time with my sister. We are planning to do this more often! We might go to see "Wicked" in Montreal this summer. Anybody seen it?

Now it's back to real life.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Just popping in to say hi, and I'm fiending like a crazy person. I'm not sure what my problem is.... my Ph1 menu has been exceptional, except I bought a pack of Extra Sugar Free Gum on Saturday (the strawberry shortcake flavor) and so I'm wondering if maybe that's triggering cravings. I chewed my last piece this morning, so I'm a bit bajiggity this afternoon, but I'm behaving.

NSV today - coworker handed me a styrofoam bowl with a slice of cheesecake in it. I went NO NO NO NO and took it home to Chris at lunch time. He said it tasted "horrible" and that I should be glad I gave it away. Whew.

Just ready for the cravings to pass. Hopefully since I'm out of gum, I'll be good to go. I moved to a new cube yesterday and EVERY DESK AROUND ME has free-for-all candy dishes with chocolate easter candy in them. Sigh. I have a headache and want to go home.

I hope everyone is having a good day!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread