South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Chat for Wednesday, 2/22

Good morning, Beach chicks! Coffee's ready and I'll put on the teakettle for those who prefer it.

My girlies got back from Florida last night, so it's back to work for me. Just today and tomorrow's my Friday already. I could get used to these short weeks.

OK, let's get the day started!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We traveled last night so I'm regrouping today. I'm off to make a big salad and braise some tofu for later. My arm is still sore which makes typing a real pain

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day to you, Debbie. What happened to your arm?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well into my coffee already and need to get DW's meds in a few so just a fly by for now. Everything went really well yesterday and progress continues We are off for another treatment this morning, three this week and probably next week then taper down.

Cottage - glad you made it home without incident. Bet the girls will be excited to see you and tell you about their trip.

Debbie - I must have missed it, what happened to your arm? Hope it's better soon.
How do you make your tofu for salad? I'm still not very inventive when it comes to tofu.

Holly - Hope those customers are being nicer to you!

Okay, have to run for now. Hope your Hump Day is an easy one
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning

Cottage, thanks for the coffee! I'm glad you have a short work week, they're the best

Debbie, sorry about your arm! and I am clueless about tofu, a food region I've never expolored.

CyndiM, very very good to hear about progress I had a relatively 'easy' day at work yesterday, the customers were nice; it was the co-workers who were feuding It's always something isn't it

I think I will skip working out today, I have a scratchy throat and I want to rest and drink green tea all day. DH has been hacking and feeling crummy for days and I don't want that! though I always am over my colds quicker than him.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Woke to sunshine a few minutes ago and the sound of the phone. When Donna heard my voice she figured out gym is not on my To Do List today. No coughing in the night though so I must be on the mend.

Debbie, yes, what did you do to the arm? I have completely given up on tofu although I'll allow it in hot and sour soup.

Cottage, love the new avatar. I may switch mine to snowdrops soon. You did see them peeking up, right? I bet the girlies will be delighted to see you today.

Cyndi, been thinking of you and Julie a lot and hope your roads are good for all the medi-commutes. Slow and steady progress is better than the opposite.

Holly, nothing like co-worker feuds to shut down teamwork. I think a day at home with green tea is a good idea, even without a scratchy throat.

We had a lot of rain last night and my car is now spotless. Linda saw it on the weekend! The spring flood has started in the dog yard. Disney stood on the top step and looked down in disgust. It should not be as bad this year since we have very little snow. (My yard is a low point and that's where the melt goes.)

Still taking it easy and trying to shake this cold. I canceled today's pet therapy and tomorrow's dental appointment and am going to just take it easy with some sewing, reading and a new good book from the Book Club.

I hope your day is humpless too.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1.5"

I have never had any luck cooking tofu. I used to bread it w/ nutritional yeast and fry it in oil for my daughter, who actually liked it until she grew up and decided tofu was gross. But I love it cooked well in a restaurant! At home, it falls apart and has that beanie taste that I never can quite get rid of. I've saved a few recipes for tofu, though, that I'm planning on trying this week because it's so light and healthy and also really economical.

I had my first real slip-up yesterday, when I realized my daughter had eaten all the not-so-good candy from her Valentine's Day boxes, and left all my favorites behind. I should never have looked in the boxes!! I was going to throw them away, and was just checking to see what I would be tossing. Bad move. Anyway I don't feel too bad about it; I feel like eating light today, just woke up feeling kind of puffy and bleh so hopefully I will be able to reverse any damage I did.

I don't feel like cooking today; luckily, I have a fridge full of leftovers and my husband is cooking hamburgers tonight, so I get the night off.

Debbie, I hope your arm feels better!

Julie, do the treatments still seem to be helping? BTW I think I found a CSA. I have it narrowed down to two. I can't wait for spring, so I can start getting my baskets!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

So, coincidentally (or maybe ironically) within hours of changing my avatar (can you read what it says?) I got the "form letter" rejection; that job was not to be. I'm bummed. And when the dust settles from my disappointed brain, need to consider if I'm going to look for something else or not.

Off the they gym with mom today instead of Friday. Good thing that popped up on my computer or I'd have forgotten! Then some errands to run including replacing my Misto sprayer which finally appears clogged beyond repair. It gets a lot of use in our house.

Have a great day, all.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got back late on Monday and things have been hectic. Need to catch up on posts again.

Eating was not too bad off plan but trying to explain my eating patterns were a bit much for my parents- I just did my best around their schedule and did fit in exercise- that's all you can do sometimes.

Sorry I have no time for personals today. Have a great day everyone
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Cottage - glad tomorrow is Friday for you. You are easing in slowly.

Debbie - love your avatar. Also, glad you made it safely. Saw that Colorado is having horrible winds.

Cyndi - yeah for progress.

Holly - good thing to take care of that cold early.

Ruth - you too take care

Tater - good to get a night off cooking

Karen - their lost.

Pearlrose - your attitude is good, sometimes you just do your best.

me - not much going on but boy is March going to be busy, I will be away alot.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Decided to change my avatar, too. It reflects my headspace right now.lol

Arm:
I didn't have a specific incident but my right shoulder is tweaked and it seems to be pinching a nerve?? I'll go see the chiro on Friday. It limits my typing and knitting.

Tofu:
I'm not very creative with tofu. I call it neutral, it takes on whatever flavoring you put on it. I think a lot is added by "braising" it a bit and smaller is better. I also think it's easier to braise before it's all cut into small pieces. I take the slab, turn it on its side-cut in half then half both sides. I end up with 4 pieces that are 1/2" x3"x4". While heating the pan I spray each slab with pam, sprinkle curry powder then spread it with my fingers. I go ahead and flip and do the other side, too. Once both sides are browned I let them cool and chop them into 12 pc. each. For me, they're salad ready and store well in the fridge. An entire slab is around 600 cal so I call 8 pc a serving with my lunch salad. Since tofu doesn't freeze I try to cook it as soon as I get it.**Make sure it's totally cooled before refrigerating or it will get mushy.
~I'm going to use mexican spices for my second batch today, cut the pieces smaller at the end and tonight I'll saute the small pieces with onion and red pepper for tacos. I have some taco shells that need to get used. I may or may not have one. P3

Karen, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. It took me several years of intention and I'm grateful now that I didn't "get" the first or second or third. The one I have now is perfect. All my office work is done at home, BTW. I call the waitressing getting paid to exercise.

Pearlrose, glad you made it home safe.

Holly, nurse that bug that's hanging out!

Cyndi, so glad Julie is feeling better...it certainly makes it easier to focus on "you" sometimes.

MissusTH, ouch on the candy...you'll do just fine hop right back on the bus.

Linda, love the crocus!

sophie, hope you're feeling better! At least you can knit. Wind was horrible yesterday but it's calmed down now.

Ruth, maybe it's good you slept in. Take it easy today.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Karen - sorry you didn't get it. They totally missed out!

Love all the new avatars. Fly-by for me. Back to work and exhausted. Going to NY this weekend for DW's birthday. Just seeing my family but staying in a hotel.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #13  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just popping in to say, Debbie, you look terrific! (I love all the new avatars too. I still read you all every day )
Closed Thread