South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Beach Chat, Feb-18-19

Good Morning

The weekend is here for most of us and I do acknowledge that there are a few of us who have to work. I must admit, if I'd get a call to come in I'd be gone in a flash.

What's on your agenda? We're undecided, as of yet. I did something very uncharacteristic yesterday and bought a new computer....a HP Touchsmart. Pretty nice...anyway, now DH has decided we ought to replace our 12" TV (which BTW I bought in Alaska in 1982). I saw a display on sale at Costco when I was computer shopping so I have an inkling....

I'm taking advantage of the fact that I seem to be very motivated to stay OP right now. (I bought a too small vest I'd like to wear in Alaska). I'm going to do some prepping and cooking this morning before heading to breakfast w/mom AND make sure I get at least 30 min. in on my recumbent bike?

Stop and chat I'm headed down for right now!

and from yesterday....

Karen, sorry you're not #1 for the job but I'll keep my fingers crossed. For me, the starting place was to start looking and applying. Funny, it took a year but my answer came in a very perfect way and not one I would have thought of.

Jenn, glad to hear you are getting out!

MissusTH, 5K's are fun...perhaps you can find a good one. I only walk, btw.

Ruth, how was book club?

Linda, (see above) was that your first w/Ruth?

Holly, Bing is a rescue Cocker w/an "attitude of gratitude" and a ferocious appetite. Love your pic AND continuing stories of Eddie. Enjoy your busy weekend!

Twynn, 10 days, May 9-19...we have 2 vacant spots in Colorado if you're still looking for that mommy get away. You could volunteer for street cat coalit. spay/neutering and call it "work".

Cyndi, I'm hoping you had some home time yesterday!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-18-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - I can't believe you still have that TV! (Good for you!!) Funny you should say the spay neuter thing, considering what I'm doing today...

I'm having a way strong cup of coffee (thank goodness for pause and serve) while enjoying a few quiet moments before I leave. I'm the cat spay doc today for a spay clinic, which I really enjoy. They're a great group of people, and we have quite a good time. But they do bring some B-A-D food for snacking, which I've been telling myself that I won't have. I might bring some of those delish almonds I bought yesterday to hold me over.

The clinic normally exhausts me, so I hope I do nothing tonight!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Twynn, happy vetting! Take your almonds and stay away from the bad stuff and I hope there is truly nothing to do when you get home!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning, thanks for that nice good morning intro Debbie! (also brings me up to what everybody else is doing) Enjoy your new computer. And Kudos to you for resisting a bigger TV for so long, in this day and age! Our sons bought us a flatscreen 2 Christmases ago (they were sick of our little tv, lol) and I must say, watching some things in high def is visually stunning (like Avatar)

Twynn, that is so kewl, that you are a vet in that capacity. Does a vet train to do 'everything' and then do you chose a specialty?

Very lightly snowing here (really, just one or two flakes every minute, lol) We have not had the snow this season that we usually do. I should want it for the local economy but it has not hurt sales..people still come to ski and do whatever and spend money. But I have had hardly any morning when we have to shovel / snowthrow before work (or anytime)

I am hoping that it means an eariier-than-usual Spring and that I will be back on my motorcycle soon!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Funny you say that because if I get the job I'd have to work some weekends and I told her I'd actually prefer that! My husband loves to buy electronics at Costco because of the liberal return policy. (Yes, he did return a big screen TV for a bigger one!)

Twynn - Wishing you willpower. Happy spaying.

Holly - I poo-pooed high def when it first came out but now hate watching shows that aren't. Oprah network! Bring on spring!

If I can get myself motivated, I think I'll try pilates class at the gym today. I took it years ago at my old gym but it has been a long time. I tend to avoid the place on the weekends; not a fan of crowds. There's yoga right after but not with the gal I like. Maybe I'll do a double header

Supposed to Skype with teen to book flights home for Spring Break. I see they increased fares a LOT since he and I last talked. Really expensive. And Frontier is cutting all non-stops to/from LA
Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Holly, Spring=you +motorcycle and me+bike. BTW I saw your Arizona pic on the current photo thread...cool!

Karen, I hope you make that double header, I know though, when an instructor isn't your fav! BTW-I was considering stashing the computer box in the basement but it's not going back AND I could never get it back in the box anyway.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie!

Linda survived my crazy Book Club although she wondered when we were going to discuss the book. I think we made it to bed around midnight and right now are working on "Fog Lifter" coffee.

Today's plans? Maybe a quick trip to town for some cold meds, a quick visit to the rink to see if the Delta Winter Carnival is still on and then we may pin a quilt together a job that needs two people. On the other hand we may just sip coffee and chat for the day.

Have a super Saturday no matter what you do. We will!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning All my first run of morning stuff is done and I'm enjoying some coffee before getting my day started. Looks like it will be in the 40s today. If the sun stays out I'm going to get out for a walk. there's nothing better for my head than a long walk and some fresh air.

Debbie - When are you heading to Alaska? I'm still trying to figure out how to get to CO and hide in your luggage
We have 2 small TVs though one is a flat screen (about 10 years old). So far we haven't been tempted by HD or large plasma TVs. I use it for playing the Wii and watching the Daily Show and DW usually watches Netflix stuff on her computer so I doubt we will get a new one anytime soon.

Twynn - So smart to bring your yummy almonds.

Holly - I am counting on an early spring. This weekend I"m figuring out where to set-up my little greenhouse so I can get some seeds going. I think a couple of row covers would be useful this year too, maybe some early greens. Hope everyone is extra nice to you this weekend!

Karen- Hope you enjoy the pilates.

I am cautiously optimistic about DW's treatments. She is definitely stronger today and we actually had a short conversation. Three more treatments scheduled next week. Hopefully this will finally get her over this crisis. Another one of those times I'm grateful we live in the internet age. We have been able to chat with lots of other people with MG. Helps with treatment ideas and just knowing we will get to the other side of this.

I'm going to start really looking for something part time and hope for the best. It's been impossible to be serious about job searching knowing I couldn't possibly be away from home more than a couple of hours at a time.

Time to get breakfast and plan my errands. It's CSA day so lots of goodies ahead. Happy weekend friends

ETA: Good morning Ruth and Cottage! Sipping coffee and chatting sounds like a perfect day.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-18-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda and Ruth!

Cyndi, May 9-19.It's Shorebird Festival in Homer. We have great binoculars and watch the birdwatchers from our deck. I hope it's warm enough for your walk and I'm glad to head Julie seems better.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1.5"

Slept in til 11 today; it was AWESOME!

Cyndi, that's terrific that the treatments seem to be working! Just curious, what is CSA day?

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I was actually looking forward to it because I felt so healthy! lol It went well. Then I had a great lunch with a friend; I had seared rare tuna w/ edamame, it was light and delicious. One of the hardest things for me, though, is the social aspect of dieting, or even just trying to follow a healthy way of eating, when there is so much bonding going on over food! It makes me feel so uncomfortable to be the one passing on the cake or the fried foods or giving special instructions when I order and I feel like it makes other people uncomfortable, too. Yesterday my friend apologized for ordering a fried appetizer and then made a comment, that she felt like the one with a grocery cart full of junk waiting behind the person with a cart full of produce. This has been an issue for me for years because I've always tried to make healthy choices, not just out of concern for my health, but because I was raised eating lots of vegetables (my mom always grew them) and it's just my preference. When I splurge on food I'd rather spend too much money on an awesome, chef-prepared meal in the city that I'll never forget; now that is worth it to me. French fries or a greasy egg roll or a grocery store birthday cake are not. If I made an exception for every birthday, lunch out, special occasion, bunco party, etc I'd hardly have three days a week where I could feel good about the choices I made.

Sorry to ramble just had this on my mind and it depressed me a little, even though we had a nice lunch. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive. On the positive side, my sister has decided to do SB with me, so at least I can look forward to some bonding lunches with her.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

PS: Where is the current picture thread?

Last edited by MissusTaterHead; 02-18-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - so glad you're seeing some positive results!!

Taterhead- I understand, completely! It helps to remember how nasty you feel after eating it though.

WOO HOO! They had donuts (and they smelled divine), muffins, and some chocolate chip cake thingee...and I didn't take a taste, and wasn't really even tempted (except that one wiff of donuts..). But, gratefully, someone brought veggies and hummus....YUM!!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #12  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Taterhead, I'm envious of you having your sister join you on SB! I'm working on finding someone to help w/support

I have a friend who has been gluten free, but wants to take off some lbs, so I told her about SB and about a blog I found that is written by a gf SBeacher (if I can find the link, I will share). She talks about how, even after becoming gluten free, she felt bloated after eating. Had to do with all the starch used to replace grain in gluten free products.

Anyhow, maybe I can get her and another friend to join me.

Plans this weekend are to not do much - read, catch up on the house, spend time with the kids. Maybe try a few of the recipes I've been collecting.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Evening all,

Did some food shopping yesterday and other shopping today. I had to get out - It's the four year anniversary of my mother's death and I was a bit down. But spending money always makes me feel better. Plus it was gorgeous out (60 degrees and sunny) which beats tomorrow's expected snow and high temp of 32!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenn - been thinking about you today

Missus - CSA day is the day I get to pickup my CSA share, http://www.localharvest.org/csa/ greatest thing ever A local farm is experimenting with a winter CSA this year for the first time and I love it. They have storage veggies, fresh greens, frozen organic veggies from the summer farm, eggs from their chickens, and some meats and baked goods. This week I got a bag of juicing carrots. I now have 25 lbs, everyone is invited for carrot juice!

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-18-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #15  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusTaterHead View Post
PS: Where is the current picture thread?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-yourself.html
Closed Thread