South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, February 7

Good morning. For some reason I need double strong coffee this morning although I did head for bed at a decent hour.

Got lots done yesterday despite the morning spent with the quilting biddies. The leftover Christmas decor is stashed away and the ice is now gone from the deck steps. I feel like I can retire now that those niggles are off the list. The outside lights are still up but it's winter festival time so lots of others are leaving theirs on too to celebrate. We need more lights in the bleak mid-winter.

Donna is coming to clean this morning and I will keep out of her way and spend some time putting binding on my "Africa" quilt. I really hate to give this one away but Victoria's Quilts has a waiting list for quilts suitable for a man. If I can figure out my new camera, I'll take a picture. (The "new" camera is from Christmas 2010! I don't like to rush into these things.) This afternoon I may be able to do pet therapy at the nursing home but will have to check. They've been closed to visitors since mid-January because of illness.

Time to crank up the day. It's actually starting to brighten up outside. I can see Morgan the cat on my neighbour's porch, waiting to come over here and sleep on my porch furniture. Morgan thinks she is my cat but goes home for food and kitty litter.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

running this morning, 2 med appointments and we need to be on the road by 8. I'll stop in later this afternoon while DW naps.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies Ruth, first lol at 'rushing things' Glad your ice is gone, did you have the very warm temps that we had yesterday, to facilitate that melting/chopping? What pet do you have to do the animal therapy, if i may ask?

I also agree that winter needs lights! Last year, I 'did' my bedroom window (the one near me) with sheers, a string of white lights, and a long sheer drape that covers the string but lets the lights show through. So pretty! I was flabbergasted when this year, DH did the same to 'his' window! He put those on a timer though, it is a wonderful thing to have those lights come on at about 5:15 am, it gives us a gentle nudge towards waking up when it is totally dark out.

Cyndi, hope you get your appts out of the way and then can do what you want

Today is my "Friday" ( I have Wed. and Thurs. off) so that's always a good thing. I don't hate my job, but who doesn't look forward to not being there, lol. It has not been as hard as I thought, to resist the temptations there while on South Beach (the deli foods, so readily available to nibble, the pastries in the bakery) My resolve must be turned on High

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-07-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holly, I have two dogs that I use for pet therapy. Disney is a terrier type who is a Katrina rescue. She is quite delightful because she frequently "talks" when we visit. Jazz is a Tsvetnaya Bolonka who loves sitting on laps. I use him most of the time when I am working with dementia patients.

Here's my Disney but I do not have a good picture of Jazz. Black dogs photograph poorly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Disney.jpg (72.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A busy morning here trying to finish niggles so I can make a plan for days off. I finished the crossstitch redo AND got as far as I could on payroll taxes w/o being able to call to ask a question. I just need to pack up the books to deliver to mom, make my smoothie and dress for work. I had an inkling to take the books with me when we head West but I think I need a vacation.

It's snowing so I'm not sure if we'll leave this afternoon or tomorrow morning but I want to be ready for either scenario.

Ruth, love pup pictures! I can use my camera but it takes an hour to figure out how to post it here.lol

Holly, love the lights idea...cute your DH did his, too. Happy "friday"!

Cyndi and the rest of the "gang:

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1.5"

Good morning to everyone!

Just jumping in to say hi, Disney is such a cutie pie.

Lexxiss I just did our payroll taxes...I feel your pain! They are such a hassle at the end of the year!

Going out to lunch today with a friend, but I feel pretty confident, I just need to make sure and not get too hungry before I leave. Vermont, I really admire your resolve, I can't imagine having to look at a bakery shelf all day. I have a hard enough time looking at the dried out old leftover biscuits. idk why those things always tempt me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusTaterHead View Post
I have a hard enough time looking at the dried out old leftover biscuits. idk why those things always tempt me.
and I love your avatar
Old 02-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Afternoon, for some of you, already.

I've been to yoga and run errands. I have a dentist cleaning later today. I hate the dentist and spend the whole time waiting for a zing of pain as they hit some spot that is sensitive. Going to make the "better than tuna" recipe tonight. I probably mentioned that my husband is on an eating plan that is almost opposite of SBD, lots and lots of grains, white potatoes, no animal products - so we rarely have a meal together anymore. Off to eat leftover Taco Bake. Yum.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

So much for time to stop back in. Got home late with a long list to do. Julie is going back to our favorite place tomorrow for a couple of days for treatment. She isn't getting better as fast as we hoped and there's another treatment option we are trying. This time they are going to clean the antibodies out of her blood. We hear good things about it. She is staying over at least one night to make sure there are no problems then home but the weekend with return trips for the rest of the treatments. Hold a good thought for this attempt, we really need a break.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Aw, Cyndi. You guys really need a break! I'm keeping Julie in my prayers.

My day took off running before I could pop in this morning. Busy, but good, and I'm really glad to be back home. I'm pooped!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Hold a good thought for this attempt, we really need a break.
positive thoughts to her and you!
Closed Thread