South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Beach Chat, Tuesday March 27

Good Morning

Project continues....I have to do 3 coats of finish with no more than 12 hours inbetween or I'll have to resand. Last night I slept right through my 10:30 alarm. I was surprised when I woke up at 1...would have loved to keep sleeping but the schedule necessitated my getting up very fast. I'll have to put one more coat on before work. I am so hoping it is dry enough.

Yesterday, I started picking pieces out of a "chefs mistake". I had the sense to stop, and boxed it for the dishwasher at his request. Last eve I was couching after my finish application and didn't really care about making dinner. Fortunately, the voice in my head reminded me I'd start snacking (perhaps in great excess) if I didn't get downstairs and fix something OP. I did, (salad and Kashi pizza), and felt much better afterwards. I have zero cravings these days and very stable BS. Yay SBD!

What's on your agenda today?? Stop and say hi

from yesterday.....

Karen, sorry DS had a rough day! I get so upset when something is lost/stolen that I've learned just to spend the money and replace. My feeling better is most important these days. I hope his injury isn't too serious.

Off to get organized!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. I sure don't envy you that floor project! I would not even THINK of tackling a job like that myself. I'm sure it will look great when done but ...whew!

Dogs got me up early again. I have figured it out though. The stove in the back room is on a thermostat and shits off when it's up to temp. In the morning it turns back on with a pouf and the dogs take that as a getting up signal. I need to remember to turn it down when I go to bed because I certainly do not enjoy 4 a.m. wake-ups.

We are back to cold weather with 22ºF right now. I see the chance of snow and freezing rain in the forecast - typical March. This time last year the ground was still frozen and we had snow so it could be worse.

Got my taxes done yesterday - nice refund! - and started on Donna's. I also am doing her husband's final return which makes things a tad complicated but I'll plow through. It's nice to get some of the papers off my desk and see the glass top again!

I'm off to see the doc at 8:30 about this cold and some very low BP readings. Of course the cold is feeling better now and my BP is probably back to normal. The visit will probably end up as a chat about dogs and weather.

Have a good day no matter the weather or the state of your taxes.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - I'm with Ruth - you're amazing taking that project on yourself! great job and keeping yourself OP.

Ruth - congrats on the tax refund! WOO HOO! Do you have plans for it yet? Keep us posted on the dr. appt.

Apparently, I need to go back to yesterdays thread, sorry to hear about your DS and a bad day, Karen.

The Walter is draped across me (difficult to type), so I suppose he has forgiven me for taking his manhood . LOL...even as a vet, it's a relief for that to be done. We did also go and purchase a new truck last night, we feel like we got a good deal on it anyway. We moved from a tacoma up to a tundra....it feels like being in a boat! Half way thru the trip (we drove over an hour to get it) our DS had to move to the middle seat to watch DD on the iPod. Hopefully that space will come in handy when they're bad too!

Off to work today, then lots to catch up on tonight!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Ruth! Great that you figured out the dog alarm clock and can reset it for a later morning. Best wishes at the Dr...nice that you can chat about other things, too.

Tammy, congrats on the new truck! lol re: the kids and the back seat! Glad Walter is doing just fine. This floor is a milestone for me. It's been our dream for this to happen for 7 or 8 years. My surprise is that we're actually pulling out ALL the carpet even though we probably won't be refinishing the living room. I'd imagine Kirk is going to be amazed when he sees it.

I've accepted that my finish won't dry in time so I'm shifting my focus. I'm thinking that coffee and more porch time will be the answer. Our weather is still pretty mild. I'd love to lay back down now but I have a feeling it would be really hard to get back up. Oh well.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-27-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Why does the bed always feel especially snug and cozy right when it's time to get up?

Deb, that sure is a lot of work to do your own floors, but I bet it will look great! I hope it's dry enough so you can get that final coat on it.

Ruth, we got our taxes done on Sunday, and isn't it such a good feeling to have that over with? We're getting a nice refund, too. I hope your dr appointment goes well today.

We had a good frost overnight, and I'm glad Jake insisted I cover the pansies, although they probably would have been fine. We're supposed to be back into the 70s tomorrow, but then get cold again. Crazy weather! I'm taking a nice, hot, sustaining soup with me today for my lunch, and that should keep me going until I get home, since today's my late day.

Karen, I hope your son is healing well and feeling better, and that's such a shame about his phone.

Twynn, did you get your truck yesterday? ETA- whoops! You beat me. I see you did get it! Congratulations!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-27-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DW is sleeping in and I'm enjoying an extra cup of coffee and a slow start to the day

Debbie - I'm so impressed by your project. Will you have before and after pictures? I'd love to see it

Ruth - I hope that cold is gone for good. Clever dogs, glad you figured that out though. 4 am is just too early!

Twynn - congratulations on the new vehicle.

Cottage - My poor Mom was trying to get all the budding plants covered. I hope most made it through. Apparently this weather could really mess up the apple crop this year. I remember the stone fruits get hit hard by this stuff. I'm just finishing last year's peaches so that makes me sad.
What kind of soup is on this week's menu? I've been making soups lately.

Today is our one sleep-in, no place on the schedule day for the week. I've got cleaning, shopping, and some work to do, same old DW has the day off and will probably nap and take it easy. She worked a full day yesterday which will mean extra rest today. For now I'm off to get a refill and work on my To Do list.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-27-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

It's DH's birthday today. We are going out to lunch at a place that recently was written up in the paper. Mediterranean, so lots of vegetarian options for my husband and his new eating plan.

I might try going back to yoga today. It's been three weeks. My calf doesn't seem better from skipping and my sore wrist might hold up so I could really use the stretching and zen. And maybe it will eventually help my aching (from work) back.

Looks like Discover might reimburse the cost of my son's stolen phone. BUT, that was purchased with a new contract and the replacement won't be so it will still cost close to $400 more than we get The good news is that my son is going to splurge and upgrade to the model with more gig or something or other that goes over my head. We told him if he old phone shows up, one of us will use it.

Debbie - I had to read that "chefs mistake" a few times to get it! I'm cheering for SBD with you

Ruth - Aack - taxes. DH has made only a little dent; our kitchen counters are covered with all sorts of documents. It will get rather stressful in a few weeks.

Twynn - LOL - that reminds me that my boys used to just pester each other in the car. Enjoy the new truck.

Linda - I wish! I wake up too early and my brain starts churning and then I give up and get up. I saw it was cold in PA; I have my sons' weather come up on my igoogle page. Brrr.

Cyndi - Enjoy your day. Hopefully there's time in there to relax too.

Have a great day, everyone. BBL....
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1.5"

You guys are getting refunds?? I can't believe you are just now doing your taxes, and you are getting refunds. If I were getting a refund I would have done mine ages ago!! I procrastinated my quarterly estimates this year, so instead of a refund, I have to send them a big fat check! My own fault, but I'm putting it off as long as I can!

Ruth, your typo in paragraph two also made me laugh.

I am giggly this morning! And not even had my second cup of coffee!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #9  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone! It's cold out this morning where I am, boo hiss. Stayed completely on track yesterday (one day down for my "one week at time" commitment) and was down .8 this morning, so that makes me a happy SBer!

So happy to see that I can eat beans AND yogurt!! Isn't it silly how these little things get us excited, lol.

Only working a half day today, will be done by 12:30! Woot. Hopefully it warms up just a bit so I can enjoy the rest of the day.

Have a great day all!

phoenix!

homeschooling Mom to 2
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- agree with Missus lol

Twynn- congrats on your new truck

Karen- glad to hear credit card will cover some of it atleast

Debbie- Your amazing!!! Want to come to my place and help me with projects

Cyndi sounds like a busy day for you

Hello to everyone else.

Last night was just very interesting got a call from City Hall that everyone had to conserve water no watering lawns washing cars etc, then we all had no water and now we have to boil water- broke water pump or something so I have been boiling water last night and this morning so we had drinking water and to brush our teeth. Last night I went to put hanger back in closet and the entire rack system came down. I spent three hours putting everything back together, and after I had everything screwed back in place, figured while I was putting clothes back on might as well purge and got rid of two bagfuls of clothes both DH and mine.

Today Awana tonight and that is about it, have a great day everyone
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

LOL at my own typo and wondering why the censor didn't catch it .. probably because we put in shitshu dogs. Shits is OK but not ****?

Just back from a great doc visit. My cold is on its way out, the man says, and he reviewed and changed (reduced) my meds. Things are looking good and he says I'll make it to 100 like my dear Aunt Rose. '

I'm feeling etc.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for the great news Ruth
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #13  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Afternoon All!
I just got back from donating blood at the school I work at and am so relieved that they let me come back to my desk to eat some grapes I brought for snack instead of eating their processed cookies. I didn't really think that one through when I signed up this morning.
Not much planned for the rest of the day - finish up work and hit the grocery store quick (I'm out of almond milk - tragedy!), pick up kids and then head home and relax.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Last edited by Kelly J; 03-27-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: For damn auto-correct!
Closed Thread