South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, January 16

Good morning. Some coffee with a bit of cocoa added? That's my morning treat in the cold winter mornings and that's what we have today at -23ºC which is well below 0ºF! My ear worm this morning is BS&T "Sometimes in winter".

Donna and I are off tot he gym at 7:30 this morning and then I need to tackle a financial report for the Mill Executive meeting this afternoon that sort of snuck up on me. At least it's afternoon instead of evening as I am aiming for an early bed tonight since my brain decided to get up at four this morning.

How does your Monday look from this early perspective? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was hoping for another hour of sleep but it's not happening this morning.

Ruth - I'm waiting for my coffee to finish but yours sounds nice. I may have to try that.

I'll be back with a cup in hand
Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Happy Monday! How was your party last eve? Good for you getting to the gym. I love accountability!

From my perspective, Monday now means work. I'm on a mission this morning to have everything picked up and put away before I head in at 645. Since I finished that "frassing" chair project the next on our list is sanding the dining room floor(by hand) and I need to be organized before we start. Today should be busy at work (holiday) so I have a new step counter attached to my shoe ready to start logging my steps.

DH has finally gone back to bed, after enjoying some coffee so I'd better get cracking.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ladies! I have my coffee in hand while waiting for the phone call to let me know whether I'm working today or not. The girls have the holiday off and Cindy may take them to Maryland for a foxhunt, depending on the weather. It would be nice to have my weekend extended an extra day.
I can hear stirrings upstairs. Amber has today off, too, but has an early dr. appointment. And here comes my little guy for his morning cuddle.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, I always feel so lazy after reading your posts!

I'm sipping coffee, "helping" the kids make their lunches, then meeting the boss for breakfast (wish me luck!). A short day of work, then a swim and the grocery store. Aren't you insanely jealous of me?!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning. Auston has the day off, but I have to work.

Ruth, I've sprinkled cinnamon in my coffee grounds. That is a nice treat, too.

Debbie, Hope you have a great day at work. Can't wait to hear what your pedometer says.

Linda, How old is your morning snuggler?

Twynn, Do your kids have school today?

Cyndi, Enjoy your coffee.

My favorite MLK Day Story: I was babysitting my friend's little guys. Brooks was 5 or 6, and he had the day out of school. I asked him why he was out of school. He said, "Martha Stewart Day."

The kitchen is completely empty. I have a great supply of paper products, but Auston still gets the real dishes. I'm washing dishes in the tiny bathroom sink. He used the big popcorn bowl last night. It will not fit in that sink! I may make him haul it to Grandmother's today.

It's going to be warm today -- close to 70. I'm taking a walk at lunch! Happy Monday, friends!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Chelby - my kids do have school today. Ask Auston if the popcorn was worth it!!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, all.

In my dreams last night I not only was gorging on off plan foods, but I forgot to go to the gym for my workout with my mom. Eek. My day will be the opposite

I'm off shortly to watch the last little bit of the Golden Globes that I recorded but didn't see last night. (Before I see/hear all the winners announced.) Love to critique the dresses most, though.

BBL
Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning, chickies!
Ruth, I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was a happy one, and you had a lovely day. Kudos to you for getting out in that cold to work out.

The kids are home today but I'm working. At least it is WFH. The rest of the week, I've got long days in DC. My niece is coming by this morning for a wedding dress fitting. I've got to get to the grocery store on my lunch hour, running out of beachly foods. Laundry to do...
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Happy MLK day. I'm off and so is my son, so we're meeting a friend and her niece at Chuck E. Cheese. Wish me luck! I have a coupon for the salad bar, and I'm never too crazy about their pizza so that shouldn't be too difficult. Getting back into the groove is always a larger issue. I ate totally off plan all weekend, but I think it won't be too difficult to get back on this week. Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Well i'm starting week 2 of phase 1 and i'm down 4lbs...so i'm happy with that. I feel like i'm having a lot of headaches though!! any suggestions? i'm even waking up with the headaches.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

I missed Ruthie's birthday yesterday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH!!!

Soooo I might've gone on a little bender. Or a big one, you know, however you want to look at it. I'm totally on track now though. I made some baked oatmeal bars to have for breakfast this week (not bad, could use.... something...,) and a huge pot of vegetable black bean soup, and we're stocked on veggies and OP food after the trip to the store yesterday.

Bought more running attire, and Chris bought some too, so hopefully if the rain holds off this evening, we'll get a run in when I get off work. Yes, my business is one of the very FEW that does not close for MLK Day. I don't understand it... not only to show honor and respect, but also just for the simple fact that they're paying us all to desperately wait for work that isn't coming because all the people placing orders are off work because their businesses closed today. I don't get it, but whatever they want to do. I'm getting paid, that's the important part.

Have my 2011 evaluation at 1 today. Wish me luck! Going to head home for lunch at noon - soup, cukes, and hummus.

I hope everyone is having a great day and keeping warm!

Lisa
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Lisa, That is the problem in our office. The District Attorney, Department of Human Resources, and Sheriff's Offices are ALL closed. I don't even get to sort mail today. What a waste of time!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I am at work as well do not get the day off, but then we don't get a lot of the Holidays off since we are open 365 days 24 hours a day. LOL

Hope everyone enjoys their day off if they have the day off.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all...

Trying to get back to normal after 2 weeks on the road but that's so far been a no-go. I am physically exhausted. I am going to go take a nap then exercise and hopefully get to the store for some veggies for the week.

Hope all are well.
Closed Thread