South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, January 13

Good morning and TGIF to the Beachies.

We survived the freezing rain yesterday although the poor dogs had some problems on the icy steps down from the deck. By afternoon the roads were sanded and I made it to the next town and renewed my health card and driver's licence. It was nice to get home to tea and warmth though.

Today we get more of the same. I am not going tot he gym today but do have to go out later to the Clinic for two appointments and to take the dietitian out to lunch. If the driving is good, I just may carry on and get that quilt fabric but we'll see. I go to Claire's house for dinner tonight but John is driving so ... The weather is supposed to settle down by tomorrow so my fingers are crossed. Lots of folks are without power but I'm OK although I am prepared.

So TGIF to us all and I hope we are headed into a relaxing weekend - most of us anyhow.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #2  

TGIF I second that.

Well, we had our snow, about 5 inches, cold temps and wind to go with it. Hard to believe it was in the 50's on Wednesday.

So glad Friday if finally here, hope today goes fast and an enjoyable weekend is ahead.

Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying somewhat pleasant weather.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Agree with the tgif also. Today is just work but tonight I am going out with a girlfriend for drinks and dinner so that should be fun. Not much else going on, but I'm happy to report that the scale is pretty much on a downward trend, so that's good! Overall I've lost 4.2 lbs. since Monday the 2nd. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Let me throw in my TGIF, too!

Ruth, I'm glad you still have power. Have fun at Clair's tonight. Is it a "special" celebration?

Enjoy your snow, Chickadeee, I bet it looks pretty, but drive carefully.

Congratulations, Matilda!

The weather word is the WIND around here today. We may get a few flurries mixed in, but it's not supposed to accumulate. Dustin and Andrea want to start moving in today, and the wind sure isn't going to help with that!

Angie, you've asked me a couple of times and must not have seen my answer, but it will be my son, DIL, and two grandchildren. No pets, thank goodness, as I don't know where we'd put them.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

Ruth - Hmmm....taking the dietician out to lunch. Guessing no china buffet there, huh?!

Chickadee - what lovely crafts have you been up to lately?

Matilda - congrats on the weight loss!

Cottage - that wind sounds wicked out there, bundle up!

Today is my (every other month) Friday off!! The phone rang this morning to let me know the kids are on a 2 hour delay, there's a light snow with a wicked wind. Guess I won't be going swimming before meeting a friend for brunch. I'm also getting a haircut (looked at my calendar, last one was 5 months ago). I'm getting urges for my smoked sausage and lentil soup, so maybe I'll whip some of that up.

Speaking of which, I received my new food processor from overstock.com. WOW.....is it okay to be in love with a food processor? That thing ROCKS!!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up since the wee hours trying to deal with some banking stuff....always a source of frustration. I'm off to make my smoothie and head out in 15 min. to take sis to the airport.

Food was sane (and OP) yesterday, despite DH and I making a 100 mile backtrack on our trip over the mtns to see if we could locate sisters lost wallet. No wallet but we got a coffee and continued on. Life around here is always interesting.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Yesterday was one of those "wagon runs you over" days as DH met me for lunch at our favorite Mexican place - usually I do great with no chips, grilled chicken and veggies, etc., but yesterday was just WAY off.

But as Scarlett says - tomorrow (today) is another day!

This is the last quiet weekend until June basically, so I intend to attempt to do, well, nothing. The kitchen floor is in need of a scrub, but rally - everyone will be walking on it with wet winter feet for the next 2 months, so why?

Be well!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!
We had crazy weather in NC as well, no snow and ice but wind that sounded like tornadoes all night long!

My scale has still not moved since Monday, but I am trying to hold strong.

One plus.. my 11 year old son lost 3 lbs. in the past 2 weeks. He is not on a "diet" but I guess our lack of eating out has had a positive effect for him too. (he is about 15 lbs. overweight by the charts).
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Angie - It's on PBS which I haven't watched since my kids were growing up and we had on their shows! The first season was set in 1912-1914 and it's the story of an aristocratic family in England and their servants. I like it more than I expected.

I'm off to the gym with my mom soon. That's the most exciting thing on my plate today. (No food pun intended there.) Grocery store run. Prescription refill. Niggles. Boring, boring. This colder weather makes me want warmer meals so I think I'll figure out a soup to make today. I'm avoiding spicy stuff right now because of my darn, unhealing canker sore and seems that most of our favorite recipes are kinda spicy. Hmm.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

TGIF,

I can't wait til 4 p.m. so I can leave work lol, yesterday wore me out total of 3 hours spent commuting to work and home. Yesterday evening it took me 50 minutes to go 5 miles to the bridge to cross over into Illinois after that it was smooth sailing, glad the roads were better today.

So I get to work and someone brought in two boxes of donuts- No thank you, then someone offers me a cupcake- No thank you. Luckily will power is at max since I am on Phase 1

Sorry no time for personals posts, have to do an interview in a few minutes.

Have a great evening and weekend if I don't get a chance to pop in.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #11  

Chickadee - what lovely crafts have you been up to lately?

Would you believe I am machine embroidering Sock Monkey Designs for a baby quilt? I will try to post pics later. It amazes me that he is still so popular.
Closed Thread