South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default SB for getting rid of sugar addiction!

Hey all,

I am on Phase 1 (8 lbs down so far) 1 week to go. So I am excited to see my final results.

My main reason for doing SB is to get rid of my sugar addiction. I CAN lose weight eating healthy carbs...wheat bread, fruit in yogurt,brown rice and etc... Healthy lifestyle, portion control. BUT I had let sugar in. I started eating, not chocolate but Jolly Ranchers, Red Hots and etc. These are PURE sugar so I got out of control.

I am hoping eventually to go back to my lifestyle BUT instead of candy get that same satisfaction from an apple, orange etc.

Anyone else use the SB to get rid of sugar addiction vs.carbs?? Success? Do you eat brown rice, fruit, wheat bread?? I just want to know what I have to look forward to. TIA
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, SBD works for that...absolutely. When I stick on plan, fruit and other things even (to me) have an altered flavor....SO much sweeter! And cashews? Oh my, so yummy.

I think it's when you go OFF plan, then...hmmm...well, you know how an addiction can be!

I started South Beach close to four years ago, and my eating habits are greatly altered. You're spot on...brown rice, plain yogurt, my veggie intake is wayyy higher than it used to be. I think you'll like it here!

Congrats on your success so far!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

My main sugar demon was my coffee! I usually drink 4 cups in the morning and maybe 1 at night sometimes...I was putting 2 teaspoons of sugar in each cup, as much at 60 tsp. of sugar a week just in my COFFEE!
I also had an intense NEED to have something sweet after each meal, even if it was just a Hershey's Kiss... that is another huge sign of sugar addiction.

I am on day 8 of Phase I, my face is broken out with the worst acne ever, I think it is all of the toxins coming out of my system. It's crazy.
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Royal Athena. My life is definitely better without sugar. Ph1 was relatively easy then I had to come up with the plan to not start reincorporating.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ann!

I too was a candy junkie - not the sweet pastries and chocolate but candies like you mention. Because those things are typically low-cal, I thought nothing of it until I remembered eating a lot of candy one day and just got sooo sick (this is why WW didn't work for me -I'd eat my points in candy!).

The point is, SBD works for this. I didn't have a problem with carbs (I do eat brown rice, wheat breads, etc) but the potato chips and processed candy? Totally my weakness. I don't go "off" South Beach because I know this is the way I need to live. If I can't let go of a craving, I manage it (but without sugar).

Welcome again!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Thank you everyone for your responses. I know now that I am in the right place.

Lees~ I too had to ALWAYS have something sweet after a meal or even throughout if I was on a binge.

Thanks Lexxiss

Tynne and Jenne!! That is what i neede to hear! I can do healthly carbs and fruit can be my "candy". I want to change my taste (addiction) for sugar.

Thanks again everyone for the confirmation. I can going to start checking in and posting in again. I notice when I post I get and sustain results!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote