South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat on TGIFriday, January 6

Good morning. We got a big dump of snow overnight and silly me left the car in the lane rather than in the barn. I am about to bundle up and get it cleaned off and moved before Richard comes to plough.

Donna comes to clean this morning and I have a ton of tidying to do first but I'll try to get back in here before I go to my 9:30 quilters meeting.

In the meantime, enjoy!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're just like I'd be Ruth...a ton of tidying to do before the cleaning lady comes! That's why I can't get myself to do it.

I'm in one of those of emotional moods (not even PMS!), so I need to be careful about reaching for the wrong foods. Hopefully, I get to go for a trail run this morning before I work this afternoon....I need to check the weather. I'm fine running if it's cold, but not in sleet!

Going to get my coffee!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Ruth, that sucks about the snow. I'm finding these dark days of January so depressing! We haven't had snow here (knock wood) but I'm sure it's to come.

So far so good re: staying pretty much on plan. This weekend my big struggle will be to avoid wine and all the salty snacks that accompany it. I have a project to do (painting my foyer) so that should keep me busy, but it will be a struggle. I know if I get through the weekend I'll feel great though. I need to pick up some more veggies and decide on dinners for the weekend so I don't stray off plan with that.

Hope everyone has a great day...just work on my plate. Enjoy.

PS-Happy Epiphany today. Let's all have one, theological or other.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-06-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

I struggle, getting through January and February, too. Although I DID rejoice in the fact that when I was driving home at 5pm yesterday, it was still daylight. And right now the eastern sky is a gorgeous orangy-pink color.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with Shirleyanne, Ruth, and that you did OK in the snow. Be careful digging out this morning!

Twynne, I hope getting out in the fresh air revives your spirit. It's supposed to be clear and mild today, and I think that includes your neck of the woods, too.

Matilda, it's good you have a plan to keep your hands busy so you won't reach for food this weekend! Stay strong! How about roasting up some chickpeas to snack on as a sub for those salty nuts?

I have bills to pay, banking, and grocery shopping this morning, and this afternoon we're taking the tree down, finally.

Happy Epiphany, everyone!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, Auston wants to have snow. It won't be here any time soon for sure!

Twynn, I'm sorry you are having an emotional time. No fun!

Mathilda, January usually is my worst time of the year. The year, so far, it's been bright and sunny and somewhat warm. I'm surviving the dead, brown earth.

Linda, Hooray for daylight hanging around longer!

Yesterday was one of 'those' days. Here is one conversation:
Him: What day is the Saturday Class?
Me: January 21st.
Him: No, What day?
Me: Um, The Saturday Class is on Saturday.
It's hard not to talk to people like they are stupid when they are indeed stupid!

Also talked to a man who had such a back-woods Southern accent, I thought he was saying "PM" instead of "10" -- pronounced teeee-iiin.

Anyway, I have a date with Hubby tonight. Auston is spending the night with his grandparents, so I get to sleep in tomorrow morning. MIL's new housekeeper starts today. AND, I'm wearing jeans to work. Life is good! Happy Friday!

Last edited by Chelby29; 01-06-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Chelby - are you going to SAM'S!?!? Or, is this like, a real DATE?!? (LOL!!)

Cottage - ahhhhh, daylight at 5 pm. These short days are getting old...

Matilda - great job on staying on plan...this doesn't seem to be an easy week to do it!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Twynn, I don't know what a REAL date is! I know we are going to the Fish Market Restaurant in downtown Birmingham. It's one of my favorite places -- and easily, deliciously on plan! BTW, I HOPE we go to Sam's! I have needs!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm back. The job went very quickly. The trash is out at the road and so is my brushed off car, waiting for Richard to come and plough. Actually I don't mind the snow or our January weather - I am Canadian, after all. Not keen on driving in snowstorms though and that is what I had driving to Ottawa on Wednesday.

Twynn, my theory is that the cleaning woman is called that because she cleans; otherwise, she'd be a tidying lady. I hope your mood improves as the day unfolds and you work in your run.

Mathilda, I just keep telling myself that the days are getting brighter. I also must admit that the snow helps because even at night it's fairly bright. I have a problem with wine too, not with a meal but on social snackish occasions. I find the best thing for me is to not have even one salty munchie.

Cottage, I hope Jake is recovering quickly and is back to his usual delightful self by the weekend. I have bills to pay as well and need to get to the bank with late 2011 donations to the Mill. In the meantime, I'm off to a Quilting Biddy meeting this morning - usually a Monday but NY screwed up the schedule. I plan to make my excuses and be home for lunch. Then I'll get on with MY life.

Chelby, I'd love to have Auston here today. He could shovel away and save me Richard's ploughing fee. Unfortunately it's not snowball snow so no little kids will be here building snow folks that I can see from my studio window.

Claire, Doug and Heather are coming for a simple supper tonight - tourtiere and salad - and I am going to ask them to take down some of the high-up decor. I have decided to keep my Bling Tree up and lit until after my birthday as it adds so much sparkle to the parlour in the dusk and dawn. I may take the angel off the top to semi-conform to the Epiphany tradition. The outside lights will stay on for a while too.

Time to get on with the day. Having to shovel gets me dressed for the day nice and early - much better than messing around on the net, sipping coffee wearing my robe. The dogs are puzzled though.

TGIF, Chickies.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

So, this will be Day 5 of Phase I for me and it is getting a little easier. I really think that the carb cravings have subsided!

Todays plan: (feel free to help me tweak!)
Breakfast: Coffee with Splenda, FF Greek Yogurt with 1 tsp of SF Strawberry Jam (V8 a little later, I just can't have those two things together!)

Morning Snack: sunflower seed kernals

Lunch: 1 cup of chili, side salad with low sugar dressing

Afternoon snack: celery with laughing cow cheese wedge

Dinner: I just put a roast in the crockpot with onions and mushrooms, mashed cauliflower with cheese, asparagus

Dessert: either a sugar free jello or a sf hot chocolate
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good morning all. Day 4 of phase 1 and doing better after a tough 2 days of detox, 2 lbs.down. Sooooooo glad it's Friday. Gotta run it's off to work.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Years ago when we had (jobs and) a cleaning lady, I picked up first too and had my boys do the same. Why pay for that?

Twynn - I hope you get the run in.

Matilda - I'm with you! Once I'm OP for a few days I feel so much better. Painting burns calories too

Linda - We got our tree down and put away. Now we still need to move the displaced furniture back!

Chelby - Too funny! Thanks for the morning chuckle. Enjoy date night.

lees3rwe and ABue1- And it just keeps getting easier and easier!

I woke up thinking I had to empty my bathroom trash because it was Monday! I'm so out of things. But, Friday it is, so off to the gym with my mom and our trainer. Then groceries. Then... I meet Jenn! My teen flies back to CA today. One down...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Good morning!

Ruth - Glad that is was an easy job of getting the snow off your car.

Twynn - Hope you feel better and get your run in

Matilda - Good for you having a plan!

Linda - Hopefully you will get to tackle your tree today.

Chelby - Enjoy your date night!!

lees3rwe and ABue1- I am on day 6 and feel so great after a horrible day 3 and 4 of detox- keep it up.

Karen- Enjoy your workout with your mom!

I do feel great today, just minor cold symptoms left- it is supposed to be 60 degrees today- I am loving this weather. I love snow but not the cold that comes with it. No real big plans for this weekend, we are supposed to take DS out to dinner for his BD since he celebrated on his day with friends.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Wow! Busy on here this morning! Just snacking on some aged provolone and pepperoni for breakfast Funny how my cravings change so quickly on this plan.

Don't have time to shout out to everyone, but Chelby, did hubs ever clean up the mess or did you? Or is it still there?

This time of year is rough for me too, although the unseasonable warmth has sure helped...in Minnesota yesterday the high was 50! In my 30 years I can't remember that ever happening.

Was planning to have a friend (and her baby) over tonight for dinner and movies while Chessa worked, but Chessa is still in bed with stomach flu, so no dinner plans and certainly no baby in a sick house! Still planning to try the cauliflower pizza crust, though...Karen, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Alright...back to work! Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning (it is still morning here!)

I've been to the pool for exercise and am now amidst lunch prep waiting for sis to get home from her appt. We were supposed to ski this afternoon but I think she has another (medical) appt instead.

It seems AOL wasn't too great this morning. I couldn't get you all to "load up". I certainly missed the goings on.

Food has been simple, tasty and OP. Just how I like it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Well, Karen, the pizza turned out tasty! I thought for how much less work it was than getting out the spaghetti squash insides, it was really great! Mine was not sturdy enough to hold up like pizza, was yours? I suppose neither was the spaghetti squash crust. Anyway, thought I'd give an update!
Closed Thread