South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Default SouthBeachDiet.com deal on Gilt City

So I was just reading through my emails, and I saw that today's Gilt City deals included a six month or twelve month membership to SouthBeachDiet.com for $39 or $69, respectively (for those who are unaware, Gilt City is a flash sale site, similar to Groupon or Living Social)...

I checked out SBD.com, and this seemed like a pretty legit discount (Gilt sometimes plays with the truth a bit in terms the value of the offered discount), but I can't really tell if it's worth it to join... is there any value in the online community that couldn't be found elsewhere on the internet, for free?

I'd love to hear from someone who's joined the site...
swandive81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #2  
I think I can...

I had a free 2 week membership to sbd.com and honestly find this to be a better more supportive forum and this board is more active than any of those over there. I cancelled within a week.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Don't waste your money. Our forum is free, we keep it updated with the latest news and changes, plus we're a friendly group where you can always feel free to ask questions and get plenty of support and motivation.

We strongly urge you to read the book(s) before starting this plan, and between that and our forum, you really don't need anything else.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I joined a year ago interested in combining menus and grocery lists. I was hoping to streamline my planning. I could only plan my grocery lists using their recipes, not any of my own. Many of the recipes were more complicated than I was willing to do on a daily basis and there was no flexibility. Since I already had the greatest support network here I cancelled and looked elsewhere for my menu/grocery option. I still receive the newsletter but admit I don't read it anymore.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

I had joined over there on Saturday and I think I am going to cancel today. I don't like the website at all and I feel confidant that I can get support from here and information from my books.
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for your input; I had a feeling it was a big waste of money and time, but the timing of the offer was uncanny, so I figured I'd ask!
swandive81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #7  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Don't waste your money. Our forum is free, we keep it updated with the latest news and changes, plus we're a friendly group where you can always feel free to ask questions and get plenty of support and motivation.

We strongly urge you to read the book(s) before starting this plan, and between that and our forum, you really don't need anything else.
Agree...
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote