South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default South Beach Chat Thurs Feb 2

Isn't it groundhog day?! Whaddayathink he'll see? (not that he's a very good predictor, but still...)

I have an adorable kitten on me, a little bit of quiet until the kids get up in 20 minutes. Today is busy, busy at work, and then I have a work conference this weekend. Although I'll be in a classroom, my kids and hubbie should have a blast!!

We broke out the super strong super yummy coffee. How's your cup?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily 2/2

Happy Groundhog's Day! Did he see his shadow? Somebody wake Puxatawny Phil up, he's still sound asleep! Not that I blame him, as it's still pitch dark outside.

Today's my Friday and I have an early appointment at my hairdresser's before heading over to the farm. It will probably be a ho-hum day since nothing's planned, so I hope it goes by fast. I'll either take my Kindle or find a project to do to keep me busy.

How's your day ahead looking? Come pull up a chair first, though. The coffee's good!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #3  

Good Morning,

I think the Ground Hog is going to tell us Spring is just around the corner and we won't be waiting long. Please, Please, Please.

Not much going on here, off to work for a busy day and then some sewing tonight. Tomorrow morning first thing I have an appointment with a surgeon, I had thumb surgery in November, but now the doctor wants to go in and re do it. I am not happy about that, so going for a second opinion.

Hope everyone has a super day, that is my goal for today.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
What time does the groundhog "read"? We have Staten Island Phil (who bit Mayor Bloomberg one year) so I guess I'll go by what he says. The last two days have been outrageously gorgeous. I'll bet we'll get an early spring. It's February already, how bad could it really get (knocks wood and throws salt over left shoulder).

Today is work, and it's one of my early days to pick up my son. He was supposed to have a playdate but it just got cancelled, so I'm not sure what we'll do, maybe the library. He actually has a little book report to do but I think depending on the weather we can manage a stop at the playground on the way home. Then his godmother (and my best friend) is coming over in the evening and once my husband gets home, she and I can go out to eat. Should be an ok day.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, I think the official reading is to be 7am, so any time now. I'm going with an early spring, too.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, thanks for getting us started this morning. My coffee was just right this morning. Some of my best childhood moments were spending time with Dad while mom was at her yearly school board conferences. I hope the weather cooperates!

chickadeee, sorry about your thumb. I remember your last surgery and really hope they don't feel the need to redo.

Linda, I hope your day stays "ho hum".

Matilda, enjoy your time with your son and his godmother.

Me, up with DH and he's finally headed to the shop.
Yesterday took a detour when I finally got mom in the right "spot" to venture to Denver and put some important business papers in the safe deposit box. I've been trying for months-and it's stuff that directly affects me if something should happen to her. I'm feeling relieved this am.
Today I've got company paperwork again and I'm going to try to declutter and get my exercise in first. I ordered a 4x8 piece of slat-board, which is in, that I need to get to the house. It's going on a kitchen wall where I can hang all sorts of stuff. If I get it here this morn perhaps we can get it installed later today.

Food was good yesterday AND I got on my recumbent bike and pedaled for 30 minutes before dinner last eve. I'm trying to stick to 30 min. of exercise every day that I don't work. I'm going to go get 10 min. in right now!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning to us all. Wiarton Willie is our groundhog and I've got my fingers crossed for an early spring.

Quickie this morning as I slept until 7 and need to haul out the trash fast. Then it'll be coffee at the Diner and off to town for some shopping and a much-needed haircut. I am also OUT of K-cups and having to use the refillable one. I checked online yesterday and discovered they cost just $1 more for 18 here in Canada than in the States! (No need to dash over to Watertown, Cottage!)

Gotta jet.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. I'm already on my second cup, it's going to be one of those days. DW woke me up around 3 for meds and I just couldn't get back to sleep. Then our morning started early for some reason so she is back to sleep and I'm enjoying my coffee. I really need to learn to nap soon!

Twynn- You almost make me want a kitten again. Then I talk to my neighbor who does a lot of sewing and has a kitten trashing her apartment. Hooray for strong coffee!

Cottage - Happy Friday! Thanks for the reminder, I need to find time to color my hair today! I haven't had it cut since Sept. and it's ridiculously long and has way too much gray. Time for a fix.

Chickadee - ouch! I don't think he should get a do over if he didn't get it right the first time How frustrating for you. Hope the new doc has some better options.

Matilda - A short day with fun evening plans sounds pretty good

Debbie - Glad you've got one less think hanging over your head today. I need to join you in the 30 minutes a day exercise. Good reminder that it doesn't need to b 30 minutes all at once. I get hung up on that a lot and then don't get any.

The whole groundhog thing always seemed silly from upstate NY and Vermont. Heck 6 more weeks of winter would be an early spring around here, so it should be a win/win. Always reminds me that groundhog does not taste like chicken. My Dad was a little too into that back to the land thing for awhile. No wonder we were all happy to give up meat!

Happy Thursday Beachers

ETA - Good morning Ruth! No coffee at all before driving? Not sure I could do that.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-02-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!!

Quickie for me... I'm off to help DH take his mom to the hospital in a bit. Her knee is doing something weird and is painful enough that she can't get up can down from the toilet. (She has no strength in one shoulder so can't push herself up that way either.) Yesterday we had her call the doctor for an appointment and they can't get her in until late in the month. My SIL is a nurse and looked at it last night and said we need to take her to the emergency room but she wouldn't go until today. She's a sweet women but she doesn't take care of herself at all. We think it will take both of us to maneuver her in/out of car etc. Not sure how long the day will be but I'm packing my Kindle and as many OP snacks (that don't need to stay cold) as I can dig up! There's a dearth in my pantry right now
Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and thanks for the super duper coffee twynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
The whole groundhog thing always seemed silly from upstate NY and Vermont. Heck 6 more weeks of winter would be an early spring around here, so it should be a win/win.
how true!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

So Pux and Staten Island Chuck are at odds. But I will go with Chuck since I'm from SI and he predicts early spring...

Closed Thread