South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thursday SBD Chat, 12-22

Good Morning

It's snowing very steadily here this morning. I'm sure a few of you will be seeing a white Christmas as this front heads East.

I enjoyed my home day yesterday and got some things accomplished. Notable: I had a 100% OP day, no holiday goodies, although there are certainly lots around. I might just do that again today since we don't have any events AND tomorrow is the party at the restaurant where I work.

Today is cleaning at mom's and a trip to recycle. Then crossing some more items off my list.

Grab a cup of your favorite brew and share your day.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday, December 22 SBD Chat

Last night, I asked Auston to please take my popcorn bowl to the kitchen. He happily said, "Sure! Anything for my mom!" He is counting down to Christmas!

Jeff talked to me at 3:00 this morning. He said, "Why are you awake?" I didn't realize I was! I have to work today, so there will be no naps. sigh...

My MIL is still sick. She couldn't eat the lovely dinner I made last night. She slurped down the Collin Street Bakery deep-dish pecan pie I got hubby for Christmas. I almost laughed at her.

We are having a forensic interview with a 14 y.o. female today. Her mother found 'sexting' from the 23 y.o. football coach on her phone. The girl *loves* him and doesn't want to *get him in trouble*, so I bet she won't talk today. We don't need her to say anything; we have the messages. After the interview, I'm not doing anything important for the rest of the day!

The coffee is great, but I'm out of half & half. Bummer!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I knew our Magic Moderators would show up and fix it!

Debbie, Congratulations on your OP success! We are going to have a 'wet' Christmas here. Strong to severe storms today. Rain on Sunday. Oh, well... Last year's White Christmas was a fluke.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Michelle. We certainly are early-Chicks today!

I'm out of good old skim milk! The dogs are bummed as they usually have a wee bit in the mornings.

So sorry you MIL is still not feeling well, Chelby. Did the pecan pie help?

Debbie, congrats on the 100% OP day. Mine sure wasn't although I did my best at the lunch. Buffet is usually fairly easy but this was a served plate affair.

Tons to do today with trash lugging first on the list. I have to brave the grocery store in Brockville this afternoon before my haircut. No dinner to prep though as I'm off to a ten year old's birthday party. Eric usually orders spaghetti for his special dinner but this year it's cheese fondue. After years of picky and fussy eating, he's now into food experiments. It should be interesting.

Green Christmas happening around here. I would like some snow but maybe not for the Eve when I will have a huge crowd of people in this house and would have to deal with wet boots!

Have a happy day and take time to relax if you can.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, everyone! Did you leave me any coffee? I have some Bailey's Irish Cream creamer stashed in my fridge if anybody's interested.

Deb, I've been watching your weather on the Weather Channel, and you all are sure going to have a nice, white Christmas! I bet it's pretty out there. By the time the front gets here, though, it's supposed to pass just south of us and we're expecting a dry day.

Chelby, I bet you'll be glad to get today over with! I continue to keep your MIL in my prayers and hope she feels better and stronger each day. That chemo business can sure take it's toll. I hope you are keeping her spirits up.

Ruth, Eric's birthday dinner should be fun! We always have cheese fondue for New Year's Eve, and it's something that everybody enjoys. Have a good time!

I should be able to have a relaxing day today. Cindy will be foxhunting and I'll be home all by myself with not much to do until it's time to pick up the girls from school. Then we'll have our gift exchange and I should be able to get home at a decent hour.
I'm contemplating driving over to NJ to catch Carley's dance recital tonight, but I hate driving home late at night and would have to stay over, and I have too much to do tomorrow. I'll have to think about it, especially as tomorrow is her birthday.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Bailey's and coffee, there's a blast from the past. I used to love that stuff. It's also dangerously good in eggnog, and that's why I don't keep either around here Of course now I want a bottle.

morning Chicks
Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, but I'll pass on the Bailey's...and the eggnog....I was a bit wild this morning and put fresh pumpkin in my green smoothie AND drank it with a straw.

Cyndi, I hope your day has some bright spots

Linda, it sounds like you are busy enough without overnighting away from home!

Chelby, I said prayers for MIL while knitting this morning. I hope your day goes smooth after the morning interview.

Ruth, have fun today! Don't believe you'll ever find me at a BD for a 10 yr old.

I'm going to cross off a few niggles then I think DH will be back wanting a little help with shoveling. It's adding up pretty fast right now.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #8  
sophie

Good morning,

Nice to hear from everyone and all our struggles. I am back from DD and cooked meals for 5 days. The school Christmas concert was great and my beautiful grandson almost stole the show except for one little Shirley Temple lookalike. There were lots of goodies around and I managed so so. I really thought this morning that Christmas was next week and am having a hard time getting back into the groove of preparing for Sunday.
Hope everyone has a lovely day. Off to make a shopping list.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #9  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies!
I am in the midst of preparing for Christmas Eve at our house. So much to do in such a short period of time. My poor sister called to tell me that she won't be able to do Christmas at all this year as she is very sick. Bad sinus infection which she waited too long to get antibiotics for. She also went to work all week and her job is physically exhausting. My BIL and nieces will come though, so I'm happy for that.
I just sent my older DD to the mall to pick up a gift certificate for my younger DD's birthday. She is a Christmas baby and will be 22 on Christmas day at exactly 10:36 pm! I tried to get her a present, but she keeps saying she doesn't need anything. At this point, a gift certificate she can use anywhere in the mall is the best I can do.
Time for me to start baking pumpkin bread, which I plan on freezing until Christmas day. I want it to be as fresh as possible and it freezes very well.
Happy Holidays to all!!
Closed Thread