South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default Newbie Mayo Questions

Morning All....
just a quick question...the newest book I have SBD Super Charged...has Mayo low fat 2 TBSP...and/or Mayo Regular 1 TBSP..
So my questions are ...can light mayo be used and can more than the 1tbs be use when mixing with tuna (in water) or eggs when making egg salad, chicken salad.
Thank you.
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I only use full-fat mayonnaise, but I would suggest checking the ingredients on the light mayo to make sure it complies with SBD standards. There is sometimes a big difference between using the lowfat vs. the light.

As for your other question, it's fine to use more when mixing salads, since you are making more than one serving.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #3  

I love Full Fat Mayo in my tuna, etc.....so that will work perfectly for me..
thank you very much for you quick repsonse.
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

For light mayo you can use 2 tbsp, but if you choose regular mayo you can only use one. I'm with cottage that I love the full fat, although I do think Hellmans low fat is pretty good. I hate the lower fat "salad dressings" like miracle whip etc. and sometimes find lower fat mayos are sweet like those. If you want to use full fat with your tuna, you could add a drop of lemon juice to create more liquid.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote