South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin' for 12/10-12/11

Even though it's still dark outside, my internal clock is telling me it's time to get up and start another busy day.

I got two kinds of cookies baked and divided up into individual bags yesterday, and have the dough chilling for another batch today. I ran out of steam and just didn't feel like getting them done last night. Andrea and Tyler came over in the morning and went to the mall with me, which was nice, but it was hard to shop with Tyler, and I couldn't get Andrea's gift. So it's back to the mall again, today. And I just remembered that Andrea and the Grands are coming over this afternoon so Andrea can bake her cookies, since her oven is acting up.

I'd better have another cup of coffee to get my gears in motion!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - December 10 & 11

Good morning and welcome to the Weekend!

Once again we all slept through to seven when the snowplow went flashing by. I had a slow and quiet day yesterday just watching the snow and putting up my wee tree. Maybe that's why I slept so well.

at Chickadee who is peeping around out there.

Today should be a good day too. All I have is work my 4 to 7 stint at the Mill welcoming and directing visitors. It should be a smaller crowd tonight because more snow is expected. The lights in the park should look lovely with the snow finally here.

What's happening in your part of the chicken house?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,
We're all up a bit later today it seems. I have a busy day on tap. DH is taking our son with him to get an oil change this morning, which technically means I have until about 12:30 "to myself." In that time, however, I have to exercise, clean the house, and do some marketing. I can do it, but it will be tight. Then this afternooon my son has a birthday party, and immediately following that we're having friends over for drinks and apps and chinese food. Whew! Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Linda. Once again we simul-posted. Didja feel the merge? I still think it's nice of you to let A. bake at your house. I thought of you when I lit up my wee tree this morning, coffee mug in hand. No bling on it yet but I did set it up.

And now Mathilda has snuck (sneaked?) in! Sounds like an awfully busy day for you. Can you work in a little space of "me time" or is exercising "it"?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept quite well, too, but had forgotton to take some items out of the freezer last night and so that was the motivating factor for getting out of bed....and coffee

Ruth, glad to hear you had a very peaceful break from your usual busy schedule. It sounds like you might have the rest of the day again, too!

Linda, ouch for having to return to the mall! Oh, well. I, too, ran out of steam in the kitchen but think I'll try again early while my "temptation to taste" is at it's lowest.

Matilda, your day sounds busy but having friends over sounds so nice. I wish I had anyone to invite over here. Have fun and I hope you fit your exercise in!

I did manage to get some stuff done yesterday, despite a printer that wouldn't print my click and ship labels AND having to get a document re-notarized that we sent to Alaska a week ago which showed up soaking wet and in a plastic bag....sounds like it got left on the tarmac in Anchorage. I do think I'm back in business, though I haven't installed the new printer ink.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was up early but not really awake. Just a few small challenges that make my sleep patterns more wonky then usual so awake isn't really awake Coffee is mandatory.

Cottage - I need to bake something gingerbready, I miss the smell Years ago I made cinnamon stars, they were a bit dry but good with coffee. However their selling point was the way the kitchen smelled when I baked them, amazing.

Ruth - Our snow has melted again but that's okay with me. DW is really wanting to get out and take some light pics though and likes extra snow for that, maybe we should head to Delta.
Glad you enjoyed your quiet day yesterday.

Matilda - Sounds like a busy but fun day.

Debbie - I hate jumping out of bed like that, do it way too often. Wish you were closer, a baking day would be lots of fun.

The whole weekend is a close to home weekend for me. I have some local errands to do and want to hit the local shops for cards and a few small gifts. Other than that it's cooking and cleaning and maybe a little goofing around

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-10-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cyndi, I hope you get to some of that "goofing around"! You all would be the greatest neighbors! It is too bad we're not closer. Put the gingerbread spices in some water and simmer it on top of your stove. Your house would smell great without all the work and temptation!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I was not ready to get out of bed, but Auston got out of bed. He informed me Thursday night that he was the ONLY kid in his class who DIDN'T have an Elf! We invited an elf and he showed up last night. His name is Dobson. He rolled up toilet paper in the Christmas tree and made a bed. Auston was very excited when he found it. I have informed Mr. Auston that any mess Dobson makes is HIS responsibility!

All this talking about baking --- who will make a birthday cake for Auston? His birthday is next Saturday.

Last edited by Chelby29; 12-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

I'd love to make Auston a BD cake but it's a bit of a drive to deliver it. One oft these days though ...

Could somebody please send me an elf!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, everyone!

Busy food-filled day here: my aunt-in-law's 80th birthday party all afternoon, then hosting my book club (with spouses) holiday party at my place. The later was on the calendar wayyy before the former; I'd not have double booked if I could have helped it! Not sure I'll try cardio again today - my leg was really bothering me after just 30 minutes of slow treadmill walking yesterday. I suppose I should just rest it for several days but I actually miss exercise AND noticed and immediate weight gain last time I took time off. Sigh.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks, just got some furniture moved out of my tiny little parlor and we're going to get our tree shortly. DH decided we should get a little tree this year and he's in there trying to convince the kids it's a good idea. We'll see how that goes. The rest of the day will be decorating and chores. Tomorrow driving DH to the airport and then he's away all week. I've got to see what shopping is left to do, and maybe DD and I will mix up a couple of batches of cookie dough for the freezer. We just pull it out as we need it, so we don't have a bunch of tempting cookies sitting around. Plus, the kids prefer them warm anyway.
Wanted to sleep in this morning, but the stupid neighbors had their stupid dogs out in the yard early and they were barking under my bedroom window at 6:45.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-10-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Ruth, We have a lovely guest room. You would have to share a bathroom with Auston, but I promise to clean the toothpaste and 'other' misses before you arrive.

I'm making my famous chicken and dumplings for dinner. They aren't on anyone's diet. My sweet son requested them for dinner. Then, my MIL, who had another round of chemo this week, also requested them. My house smells delicious. I'll practice portion control tonight.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

hi all,

Sorry for being so MIA. Doing ok, still sick but went to Dr finally. Have a wedding to go to tonight though oye. Will check in tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Jenne, I'm so glad you finally went to the doctor. Did he/she give you heck for not going sooner?

Been up since 5:30 enjoying the still of the morning and my sparkling bling tree. I've not decorated it yet but it looks so pretty even with just the lights. The doggage and I sat and cuddled while I drank my coffee and admired it.

Today's plans have just shifted. I was to drive to Gananoque to evaluate a dog and handler for our Thera-Paws programme but she canceled via email last night. Now I am going to drive the other way to take a pieced quilt to a friend to be machine quilted. This will involve tea and probably goodies which I must resist. I have to be back here by 5:30 for a quick supper before the dress rehearsal for the children's Christmas pageant at 6. I'm hoping to get this soup made after Church this morning IF the ground beef thaws.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la! and cheers! May your day be merry and bright!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #15  

Good Morning Everyone.

Ruth, yes I have been lurking. Sometimes it is just too hard to keep up(it is almost like work, so adding a comment once in awhile on the fly is more relaxing) , so I read and enjoy everyones goings on.

Jenne glad you went to the doc, hope you get to feeling better.

Lots of things on the to do list today, hope I can get some me time in before I have to go back to work tomorrow. Been staying on plan, and I lose sometimes and other times not, but as long as I do not gain, I am happy. I need to be able to enjoy life and I do look at food alot differently now. But when I read about Christmas cookies I would love to bake some, but I don't think we need them in our house. I will have to think on that, just glad I always have brownies in the freezer if I want one.

Can a person stay on P2 forever? It suits me fine.

Well, everyone stay warm, it is alittle warmer here this morning 22 degrees, so I am sure we will see snow this week. (hope it melts fast!)
Closed Thread