South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default Non-scale Victories: December edition

Ok, I don't know if I can start this thread or not, but I just came up with one and wanted to share.

I was doing laundry and throwing the jeans in the dryer to dry, here it is......... drying my jeans in the dryer, because they now fit even after using the dryer (and they still come out baggy in the thigh area). I use to always have to hang them up to dry, they never went in the dryer! I love it.

I use to worry about the scale not moving, but I will take inches any day now! Thanks beachies for being here and lending support.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Awesome Chickadee!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course you can start the thread. Sorry I was remiss in doing so.

I've got one too - I bought a shirt from the "normal" section in a size XL. Also, packed shorts in the Christmas box (don't know why) and I couldn't wear them 2 years ago when I bought them. I can now button them up (though another 10 pound loss would help them fit comfortably).
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

superrad victories, ladies! skinny jeans & off the rack t-shirts....can't wait.
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I had a "preliminary physical (a comprehensive metabolic panel)" where my doctor pulled some of my numbers - glucose (non fasting), sodium, potassium, calcium, protein, etc.etc. All were normal. They've been normal since I've been on SB, but pre south beach - at one point I was prediabetic, and my cholesterol numbers were high.

I am still dieting for "vanity" reasons, but knowing that I am healthy is definitely an added bonus, especially as I get older.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #5  

Awesome job Grey! My numbers have always been normal, which often baffles my doctors. My new doctor was so excited about my 30 pound loss though!

Now, onto exercise!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #6  

All sounds good ladies. That reminds me I go for my check up and blood work in a few weeks, never thought how the numbers could be affected.

Crossed Fingers!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #7  

My coworker just told me, "I need to be more like you and DO IT, rather than complain about it and not hold myself accountable. You look great!"
Old 12-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Jenn!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #9  

OK, I don't know if I like this one, but here it goes..........

Took the dogs for a walk, my DH is walking alittle behind me with his dog, and he just says, your _ _ _ (rearend) is getting smaller! He is a kidder so you have to understand his choice of words. But I kinda of felt good, but yet he never ever told me it was too big!

And Jenn, I agree we do have to just do it, and that is the hard part for me. What does make a person just exercise, even when we know we feel better after, even a walk. It is hard to just do.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just realized that my terrific bloodwork last month was a NSV! I am now technically no longer diabetic.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #11  

AWESOME Chick and Ruth!

I can't seem to get the exercise thing down pat
Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #12  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Way to go Chickadee, Jenn, and Ruth!

Jenn is right...I think a lot of times we know what we "should" do...so why is "just doing it" so hard? Like working out? I know I feel a million times better (both physically and mentally) when I work out, so why is it it's so hard for me to drag my butt to the gym some days?

When ya'll figure that out, let me know Because I struggle with "just doing it" weekly.

It seems I'll have a few good days (even a week!) of working out/eating on plan (or BOTH) - and then I get derailed. I know I can't be perfect all the time, but consistency makes a huge difference.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-07-2011 at 02:52 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanksgiving 2010 & 2011

Thanksgiving 2010 & 2011.jpg
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

So far I've made it to three work related Christmas parties and havent touched the desserts or wine at any of them!

I had mashed potatoes today, but only because their only non starch side was realllly gross, and they didn't have salad. But, here's the thing- normally one little slip turns into an excuse to jump off plan, and I haven't. Had a nice on plan snack, and dinner. Had some cravings (crazy how much that triggers it!) but haven't caved to any of it. Progress, not perfection!
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #15  

thefrenchgirl, thank you for posting your pictures, awesome you look great and you look so happy and bright. Congrats.

Southlake, I agree eating one little bad thing can sometimes cause you to eat more junk. I went to get my hair cut the other night, a new girl that I just love, she is so full of spunk and nice. Her mother is baking Christmas treats that they have in the beauty shop for everyone to enjoy. I saw them when I walked in and was offered some, I declined happliy. Then when my haircut was over and she was telling me how her mother loves baking for others and it makes her feel so good that everyone enjoys everything, she basically pushed me to take a small bag of homemade carmel corn and a least a small square of fudge.

I popped the fudge in my mouth on the way to my car, and thought that was good and it won't hurt me. When I got home, I put the carmel corn on the counter intending to take it to work for a girl there. Well, I found myself eating it an hour later (yes, it was very good), but I felt awful about it, cause I really didn't want it, and the next day it made me sick. (I didn't gain weight from it, but I realized how these types of foods can make you feel icky and i remembered that feeling from when I ate them all the time.)

I should have not left that shop with any of it. And saved my indulging for something more worthwhile, like a black bean brownie with fat free cool whip.

Sorry for going on and on, but this is how it happens, are these enablers!

Last edited by chickadeee55; 12-10-2011 at 06:53 AM.