South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat for Friday, December 2

Good morning! I'm doing a bit of a Lexxis/Debbie act this very early morning. When you are wide awake at 3 a.m. you may as well get up and crank up the day. If it were not so darned dark, I'd get started outside with the balance of the tidying. I'll probably fade early tonight.

Stuff to do is on the agenda today including a trip to town. I have some essential Christmas shopping to do so I can get it mailed off to my DD and her family in Nanaimo and also need a small gift for the quilting group party on Monday. (I already baked and froze a rum cake for the event.) I dug out my notes from last year's Christmas Eve gala and need to order bubbly and start the cook and freeze routine for canapes,etc. My freezer stash of quick meals is running low so I must do some planning there - taco bake in individual containers sounds good, right?

In the meantime, another delicious coffee - maybe with sf hot chocolate this time - and I'll tackle printing the Church bulletin after changing the print cartridge.

TGIF and what are your weekend plans?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Ruth. When my eyes popped open at 3:21 this morning, my first thought was, "I bet Debbie isn't even up yet!"

We have a big day planned. Today is the Christmas Open House. We usually have 80-100 pass through. Today, we'll be lucky to have 50. Our local City School made the State Football Finals, which is today also. The Court House is closing down, for heaven's sake! I may be freezing individual servings of broccoli cheese soup for the winter.

Tomorrow, Santa is coming to the Children's Center. Auston is very excited to meet him. Back in the summer, Santa came to my office for lunch -- on his red Harley. Auston is amazed at what close ties I have with the big man.

Last edited by Chelby29; 12-02-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Well I would have almost been up, Chelby and Ruth, but for the time difference! I did manage 3:30 this morning.....do we call that "sleeping in"?

Chelby, wish I were closer....I'd drop by today! Cute about Auston. I still remember the joy of believing in Santa.

Ruth, taco bake in individual servings does sound great. You reminded me to p/u some of our favorite salsa. Busy busy....tis the season!

My vision of relaxation yesterday turned into "non stop" until I sat down to dinner at 8pm. I did get to spend time with some of my very good friends so it was worth it.

Today we'll hit water aerobics then I have 6 cutting boards to deliver for Kirk. An appt at 1, then a short drive to pick up our agave from our honey guy. I might get lucky and be home by 6.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,
It's so hard for me to wrestle myself out of bed when it's dark outside. I definitely feel like hibernating! I've done the bulk of my Xmas shopping this week, so now have to just concentrate on paying it off before the end of the month. Also have to do Xmas cards, which just arrived from the photo place. The Christmas tree is up, so at least that's done.

Each year my department has it's own little holiday party, usually paid for by my boss. This year in addition to myself there are 3 other department members with small children. When the email went out asking for suggestions about what we would like to do, lunch seemed to be the most practical idea. Lo and behold, not acceptable to 'madame' and yesterday we were notified that the party would be at 4pm on a Friday AND we'd have to each contribute $10! So, literally, if I were to attend I'd have to pay a sitter and pay for my drinks and food. I politely declined pleading a previous engagement. I wonder what the attendance will be like.

We're starting to gear up for next semester at work, so I am actually fairly busy. Today is one of my short days to pick up my son, and I may take him into the city to see the tree at Rock Center and the windows at Saks. We'll see how I feel! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - I do the same but not til 5am. Yep, sounds yummy! I need to do that too when I get back from my trip.

Chelby - LOL about Auston and Santa.

Debbie - Busy!

Matilda - I'm impressed your shopping is done. I need to start.

I'm all packed for my trip. The are having a "winter storm" so I had to pack warmer clothes and even threw in a raincoat to go over my fleece just in case. Brr for Arizona! After an initial drop in my "Thanksgiving gain," my weight has been creeping up this week despite eating OP which just goes to show me that cardio (or the current lack thereof) does make a difference! Hopefully all this "rest" of my calf will pay off and I can hit the spa gym running. Well, not running... doctor said "no" to that. Little did he know I only walk

We fly out after lunch today, stay at a hotel overnight, and arrive at the spa bright and early tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Today's my day off, so I feel entitled to sleep in.

I'll be decking the house with boughs of holly and ribbon this morning, as soon as Jake leaves. I love to crank up the Christmas music and it drives him nuts, LOL. I may venture out for some shopping this afternoon if Jake gets home early. I want to get some things at Lowe's for my son and Eric, and Jake gets a military discount there.

BTW, I made a wonderful cauliflower soup with smoked paprika and tiny ww dumplings for supper last night, and will post the recipe when I get the chance. It was so good, and I can't wait for leftovers for lunch today.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am putting off taking DW's car to the garage this morning. It should be there now but it's so cold I'm not looking forward to the walk home

Ruth- I was just going back to sleep when you were getting up. Absolutely no shopping or decorating has happened here yet. I need to get on it.
Happy cooking

Chel- Wish I could help you with that soup. Enjoy Austin's Santa years

Debbie - Happy erranding. I hope you have a little time to relax with a cup of tea tonight

Matilda - That doesn't sound like a very staff friendly party. I too am impressed by how much you have done. A trio to see the tree sounds like a nice afterschool activity for you and your son.

Karen- safe travels

Cottage - I am anxiously awaiting that recipe. Happy decorating

Okay, time to get the snows loaded and the car to the garage.

ETA - temporary reprieve - DW's registration is missing so we had to reschedule the inspection. Hopefully she will be able to drive next week.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-02-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicas,

I am working from home this morning. So sick. According to our COO, I sound like a man. All this travel has not helped either. Wonder if it's the flu.

No plans but Christmas/Hannukah decorating and food shopping this weekend. I am so glad to be home for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cottage - saw the recipe and it sounds delish!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Going to go food shopping if my check has arrived. I will be eating healthy for sure.
Closed Thread