South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's SBD Chat for 11/23

I'm hitting the floor running this morning, even if it is still pitch black and raining. I didn't get home until 9:30 last night, and I have lots yet to do before Ruthie gets here. I was pretty worried about her yesterday, and was so relieved to hear that she did make it to her hotel in Allentown. The driving was horrendous, poor girl. The rain should be letting up this morning to make for an easier last leg of her drive.

Ok, coffee, then off to the grocery to beat the crowds are first on my agenda.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and Beachers yet to awaken It's snow, ice and sleet around here this morning. I'm so glad I got all my must do errands out of the way yesterday. I still might run out this afternoon if it really does clear up, but I don't need to.

DW is still sleeping so I'm going to catch-up on a little news and coffee until it's time to make breakfasts.

Safe travels Ruth!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm with Ruthie - are we driving thru a nasty storm, or what?

We took off at 6 pm last night from home, and drove about 200 miles, mostly in rain. LOL...HE drove, I buried my face in a book to be in complete denial of what was going on around me. I couldn't watch!

So far, so good...3 days of almost no grains. (we ate out last night, so I wasn't perfect, but pretty good for what it was) I can definately tell, my pudge gets smaller when I drop the grains! I am hoping it helps me to make better choices during the holiday.

I'm sitting in a hotel room, waiting for the crowd to wake up, so we can get on the road again. Then I'll bury my nose again while he drives on I-95!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Allentown is where my son flies in/out of! Have a wonderful visit.

Cyndi - Nice to have all the "musts" done so you can just hang at home.

Twynn - I wish I could read in the car. What are you reading?

My boys are both safely home Oldest got in at dinner time and wanted to go out with us so I chose Panera near the airport since I knew I could stay OP with a huge salad. Youngest got in late and when we drove up to the house at midnight, there were 8 of his friends waiting. I think that made him feel pretty great. All came in, 4 are still here! And for some crazy reason I hear them awake in the basement.

I'm off to thy gym with my mom today instead of Friday. Birthday dinner for the teen tonight since the real day is tomorrow. Oh, my oldest had a voicemail on his phone to call the recruiter at the company where he interviewed, for an update. But got in too late our time last nights. So fingers crossed for good news.

Baking sweet potatoes today for a healthier side tomorrow. And any other advance prep I can get done. Cleaning too.

Safe trips all!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm glad everyone is getting safely to their Thanksgiving destinations!

Linda, thanks for getting us started amidst your busy morning!

Cyndi, ouch for snow, sleet and ice, but thank goodness Julie is home!

Karen, funny the guys are up already! Glad everyone is home!

Twynn, I'd much rather be the driver...be safe!

Ruth, glad you "made it through the rain".(earworm) Have fun with Linda!

everyone else!

I couldn't sleep and would have gone to the 24 hr grocery (15 miles) if I hadn't told mom we'd go at 830. DH woke up, too, so we had coffee then I tucked him back in and am baking pumpkin bread. I bought the "kindest" ham I could get at Whole Foods so we'll have ham, pumpkin bread and havarti cheese tomorrow morning, which is my mom's favorite Thanksgiving breakfast. I guess I need to clean her house this morning then perhaps I will have the afternoon to myself.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heading for a "yummy" Holiday Inn breakfast, really need gas and then onto the turnpike which I'm learning not to call the freeway. I have completely given up on my frassing GPS. "She" is still trying to get me across the bridge into the States! The map part works but ...

Anyhow, I am being brave and surving the great USA road system. It will be great to park my Focus in Linda's drive later this morning. (I'm taking my time because she's out shooting a quorn turkey.)
Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I think it's so awesome that you 2 ladies are going to be meeting up later today. Is this your first time meeting each other??? I'm heading up to Atlanta on Friday w/ my bestfriend to have lunch w/ 2 friends from the other forum where I'm a Co-Admin. We've met before...actually, my original "before" picture (in the pink Beatles shirt) was from our meet-up last time, LOL

Mom is in the kitchen getting things ready for tomorrow. Cornbread just came out of the oven and it sounds like she's mixing up the pumpkin pies now. Tomorrow will be a BAD day as far as South Beach goes, but I'm going to try to limit the amount of dressing and gravy and pile up the veggies instead. Can't pass up my mom's dressing, though...if you tasted it, you'd understand, LOL

Well, ladies, my sleeping schedule has been SO out of wack and I'm trying to work it back to normal. I've been working out 2 hours a day lately...wonder if that has anything to do w/ it??? Anywho, I better try to get some rest. If I don't get back on tomorrow, I hope you all have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Cottage - hope you accomplish everything before Ruth arrives.
Cyndi - sounds like a good day to stay home and relax.
Twynn - have a safe trip.
Debbie - your breakfast sounds so good and are you making thanksgiving supper too. I just finished knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for a present. Very quick to knit up.
Ruth - it will be a relief when your Focus is parked in Cottage's driveway. Those GPS are worthless, always carry a map too.
Natasha - Oh Natasha, I can almost take all that food.

me - yesterday I went to a friends and we made over 12 dozen perogies. So that was very exhausting. What a mess the stovetop was. Today I will take a rest from thinking about Christmas.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
I think it's so awesome that you 2 ladies are going to be meeting up later today. Is this your first time meeting each other???
No, Ruth and I have been friends for a long time and try to get together a couple of times every year. I spent a week at her house in August, and now it's her turn to come visit me again.

I got everything I wanted to do accomplished, and am now sitting back with my feet up and a cup of coffee, waiting for Ruth. I'll keep you all posted when she arrives.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #10  

Sophie, your post made me smile and brings back some good memories. My mother's best friend is from Poland, and she and Mom used to make perogies every year around Easter. Mom would help Connie make perogies, and Connie would help Mom make ravioli. The house would always be full of delicious aromas.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #11  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Apparently I waited too long to get my Quorn Turkey Roast. Everyone was out of them already. I was able to buy a Tofurky roast for my daughter. It looks delicious on the box! I just hope it doesn't end up tasting like the box.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

My college senior just got a job offer Had to share it. Proud mom.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, chicks. I'm taking it kind of easy today, worked half a day, now I'm doing some cooking and cleaning, but I'm not hosting, so tomorrow will be easy. DH decided he was going to Best Buy at midnight tomorrow for Black Friday, so he could get me the Asus Eee Pad, but now he is reconsidering after hearing reports of people already lining up. I warned him! I appreciate the thought anyway.
Here's wishing all the travelers safe journeys!
congrats Waisting - I'm sure you are proud/relieved mom!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #14  

Karen ~ that's wonderful news on your DS! And just in time for Thanksgiving!

Ruthie's little red car finally pulled into my driveway in time for lunch, and we've been chattering away ever since. And she brought me a Rum Cake! (Shhhhh, don't tell! )
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hooray, Ruth made it to PA I'm raising my glass in your direction. Hope you get the evening for catching up
Closed Thread