South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thanksgiving Thursday SBD Chat 11/24

Ruth and I are up and enjoying our coffee. Wish you all were here with us.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm thankful that someone else FINALLY got us started I'd be more thankful if I could ever manage to sleep later! Have a wonderful day, all.

And, Linda... looks like my son will be settling out your way! Know anything about good places for young people to live in the Lehigh Valley area?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies, I will have a cup of that coffee.

So glad Ruth made it there safe and sound, hope you guys have a great visit.

Just waiting to get the day started, have to make a pie (my DH told me we forgot to get a crust, and I told him we will make one, he said out of what flour (with a sour face) I said that is what most are made of, if you buy one! Wonder what he thought they were made of!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy the day and count your blessings.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi ladies! no thanksgiving feast in these parts but plenty to give thanks for! have a great turkey and/or tofurky day
Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I tried to post earlier but a run-in with a cat food lid got in my way.

Cottage & Ruth - I know you will enjoy your day together and all the holiday festivities Wish I could share a morning coffee with the two of you, or maybe a glass of wine when things quiet down again.

Karen - I feel your pain. Today's wake-up was 5:30. Congratulations to your son!

Chickadee - Good luck with the pie crust

Nothing too unexpected around here. I've got lots of cooking planned and some cleaning. Last night the cat fully shredded her scratching toy so there are cardboard bits everywhere.

Other than that DW surprised me with a Kindle Fire. I'm going to spend the weekend playing with that. Not sure if I will keep it, though it was very sweet of her. I already have a tiny laptop, an iPod Touch and a Kindle Reader so not sure what niche another gadget could fill. However I may fall in love with this one by the end of the weekend.

No matter what your plans I hope your day has just the right mix of good food, friends and family and special time.

ETA - good morning Janet (or afternoon? evening?)

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-24-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Have a great day everyone, especially Ruth and Linda, enjoying this day together. I put Bing in the tub this morning for his holiday bath and the tub is plugged. Thank goodness for a large kitchen sink....it was my only choice he was already wet. DH is still grumbling upstairs....mom is supposed to be over for breakfast in an hour. Oh, well.

Karen, yay for DS!

janda, Welcome back!

chickadeee, good luck with the crust. I'm making crustless, which works ok for mom and dh.

Cyndi, enjoy your day....re: the recipe, I must have used eggs and omitted when I sent it to you. Maybe it's why it didn't turn out so well the next time I tried it....probably 2, or the equivilent with whites.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chicks!

Cottage and Ruth! Enjoy the coffee!
Karen - I want more sleep too! DW is sick and kept me up for all but 2 hours last night with her snoring...
Chick -DW says the same thing! LOL
Hi Janda!
Cyndi - let me know how you like the Fire.
Debbie - sounds like a typical holiday

As for me, I will be drinking lots of water, caffeine and trying to get through the day. Having fun faux shopping online though. Helping MIL cook and I already set the table! I was going for cheesy but it turned out cute (I posted a picture to my FB). I can't believe we leave in 2 days!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Just popping by to wish you chicks a Happy Thanksgiving and stay strong!
I made an experimental butternut squash ricotta cheesecake and it smells wonderful, can't wait to taste it.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon! I'm on a weeklong break, and today was the first day I could sleep as long as I wanted. I woke up at 7:00 but went to sleep again until 10:00. I am so happy -- it's the simple things in life that do it I haven't slept this long in months and feel totally rested.

I'm going out to Thanksgiving dinner with friends. Much better than cooking for one!
Closed Thread