South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Friday 11/25

Good Morning

What'cha all up to?? I slept in now I'd better get moving! We enjoyed yesterday but I got home very late. I took my knitting with me to occupy my hands and did very well with the food. I took only bites of most of the dinner and did enjoy dessert but pulled the crust off my pie.

Today is putting the house back together here then going over to clean at mom's. I have a feeling I'm going to be hosting dinner for 10 sometime this weekend as extended family is coming in from Alaska. They "don't like to plan ahead" so I'm thinking I'd better. I have gigantic old enamal pan which would be perfect for lasagna and I love making that apple slab pie. It will be fun to "cook big", although the lasagna might be spendy.

I have all kinds of leftovers from brunch yesterday that would be so tempting to start snacking on for breakfast, but it's important to remind myself that I don't need to always eat everything I "WANT TO" so I'll start with my usual green smoothie and the rest can wait.

So that's my day....

What's happening in yours? Stop by and say hi!

ETA-I've had a moment of reality and will nix the lasagna and fix spaghetti with a homemade sauce. It can be festive and delightful and they can just eat WW noodles since that's all I have. It's gourmet, right??

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-25-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Debbie and everyone.

I'm off to wake my teen and he'll be grouchy and tiree He is sick; spent yesterday (which was also his birthday) mostly napping on the floor with the crowd around him. We have an appointment to see someone in his pediatrician's office. Unfortunately he's been exposed to mono and strep. But maybe it's just a cold. Fingers crossed. Bummer for him since he planned to spend every moment home with friends.

Gotta run. Later.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Karen, sorry to hear DS is sick. I'm keeping my fingers that he'll feel better this morning, which may certainly be wishful thinking.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #4  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning Lexxiss and Karen! (And to all those who have the good fortune to be sleeping in!!)
Lexxiss- You should feel victorious for eating so well. It's such a good feeling the next day when you don't feel so full and dragging. Dinner for 10 and not too much planning? That makes me nervous just reading it. I'm glad you have a contingency plan in place! Pasta with homemade sauce sounds wonderful. Enjoy your company, but please make them take any cold weather back to Alaska!
Sorry to hear your son is under the weather, Karen. My daughters both had mono and I have to say that was the worst sickness I ever had to deal with. I hope your son has a good old cold. Nothing like being down and out on your Birthday and Thanksgiving.
We had a nice day at my sister's. I didn't feel that great yesterday, so eating wasn't a problem. I didn't even have pie, which is unthinkable for me. I feel a bit better today.
Not much on the agenda today other than an alumni game at our highschool at 1:00. Hope the "day after" is kind to you.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Teen has strep. At least he is at home with parents to pamper him, rather than in a dorm room. But he has taken over the basement TV and is watching Dexter, which I haven't seen yet, so no cardio for me til he's out of there! The sacrifices we make for our kids.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy Thanksgiving ladies! Good job eating OP Debbie! Sorry about your boy Karen! Hope he feels better. I enjoyed Thanksgiving with my friend and my former landlord's family.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello I tried to get here this morning but the database was acting up. Then I got busy

I avoided most of the Black Friday craziness, just ran to the local grocery and Job Lots stores. Luckily there is no real shopping traffic up here so it was an easy trip. Now I'm in chore mode.

I'm still slacking on the exercise end and really need to ramp up. I'm going to return to my daily check list and goals for the month. My weight is holding alright but I know I'm getting squishier. No more excuses now that life is returning to normal!

Ruth & Cottage - hope you two are staying out of trouble and having a great time
Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Cyndi!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry it's taken me til now to check in, but we got to gabbing over our morning coffee, then Jiffy showed up, and we took off for a delightful day in Lancaster County. First, we went to Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, where we had fun exploring the shops, then went on to Lancaster and the Central Market, and had a late lunch before heading back home. It was the perfect plan for Black Friday, as we didn't run into any crowds or heavy traffic at all. I guess everyone was at the mall, instead.

Now we're just going to relax, and probably finish off another bottle, or maybe two, of wine, before bedtime.
Closed Thread