South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Chat 11/19-11/20

Good Saturday morning, Chicklets!

I'm enjoying a quiet cup or two of coffee before the munchkins get here. Andrea is dropping them off around 7 so she can get over to the Careers and Crafts show and get set up. We plan to take the Grands out for breakfast at Amber's favorite restaurant, and then go shopping for a snow jacket for Tyler. Then we'll spend the rest of this sunny day playing in piles of leaves while "helping" Grandpop.

Who's ready for a nice cup?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Linda. Just think, this time next week we'll be doing this IRL! Actually we'll be doing it in four more sleeps.

Yesterday was one of those extremely busy days but I did get a lot done. Today will be accelerating soon - Donna comes at 8:30 to clean and we are going to dig out all the Pageant costumes and get them ready to hand over for the event next weekend. I've also got a fridge too full of veggies so I see a big soup project ahead. And then there's getting together a money float for the gift shop at the Mill which will be re-opened today for the Village event for the next five weeks. I think I have to cut a ribbon at 4:30 and am then due at my Church to supervise set-up for the musical group. Hmmm - have to get 75 mandarin oranges today too. Any volunteers?

"I'd rather burn out than rust out" is my motto these days.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. I'm up way too early so I can head out to Athens in a little bit for the Georgia vs. Kentucky game. Keep an eye out for the redhead in the nosebleed seats!!!

cottage - Sounds like a fun day!!! I was driving to work yesterday and passed 2 kids jumping in a pile of leaves. I couldn't help but smile...love seeing kids enjoying the simple pleasures instead of rotting their brain in front of an Xbox or Playstation, yanno???

Ruth - My my, aren't WE busy today??? I have a box of 50 juice oranges...is that good enough???

Well, ladies, looks like it's time for me to hit the showers. I've got one cup of coffee down and another one to go. Can't wait to get to Athens and watch my boys secure their place in the championship game...woot woot!!! Have a good day and I'll see you lovely ladies later on tonight.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You ladies are busy, busy,busy!!! LOL...I think I'm okay with my boring life!

Cottage - that really sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy!

Ruth - there's no way you're rusting out any time soon!!

Natasha - enjoy your game!!

I'm off to work today, the schedule was packed. The new cable guy (dish) is coming between 8-12, guess I better make sure my 6 year old isn't running around naked like normal!??! Making a switch is saving us about $80/mo, and we don't really watch much television. As long as the high speed internet is okay, I don't care!!

Have a great day!!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Miss me? I was doing a grueling 5 hour daily commute to a work conference so I had no real computer time all week. Sorry! Stayed totally on plan and faced a lot of challenges, went without eating but it all works out. I wrote everything I ate in a paper journal.

I am currently in I-95 N to Maine. Should be an interesting week!

Twynn, Natasha, Cottage and Ruth, good morning
Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Chelby and Chickadee - Woo hoo on your willpower!

Linda - Sounds like a lot of fun. Makes me smile as I picture the "raking."

Ruth - I admire how busy you are!

Natasha - Enjoy the game.

Twynn - I think I win the boring life prize!

Jenn - Good for you!

I have nothing "planned" for the weekend. I think I will head to the mall today, partly because I need some walking time in my new shoes to be sure they are comfy. I could use some new tops and hate the stores when the holiday craziness hits. I'm still on a quest for maybe one more new pair of exercise pants to take on my trip. Seems that I wear the same old (and I mean old) stuff for years, then stock up with new for my spa vacations.

My husband has been driving me crazy lately with the candy he keeps buying. We watched TV last night and I wanted to scream, listening to him munch on it. Argh.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Cottage, Jeff gets the leaf blower out and makes huge piles of leaves for Auston and his cousins. They have too much fun!

Ruth, Can't imagine you ever rusting out! When will you leave for PA?

Natasha, Jeff was telling me all that had to happen -- who had to win and who had to lose -- in order for Bama and LSU to meet again at the SEC championship. Might be doable....

Twynn, We have Dish Network for television, but not for internet. We weren't so impressed with the internet, but that was probably 10 years ago. We pay once a year for the year and save LOTS of money.

Jeff got up early and went fishing with a buddy. Auston spent the night with his grandparents. I am home alone! That never happens! It's nice and quiet. Auston will probably be home by 8 -- after his grandmother makes him his biscuits and gravy.

Hubby and I had a lovely date with friends last night. We went to a seafood restaurant and had grilled fish. We went to Sam's Club and I bought my last Christmas gift (for the Louisiana trip) and grapes. Too much fun! My standards are low in my old age.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Jenne, You need some peanuts in your pocket!

Karen, I wish you were closer! I have a drawer full of exercise clothes from my Jazzercise days -- really great ones, size XL. Would that fit?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's bitter cold and windy this morning! I've reluctantly been out with Bing. It's a day full of chores here. Oh, well. I slept in so need to get moving.

Jenne, I've missed you! Congrats on your vigilance with staying OP!

DH is calling....gotta run!
Old 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! For me, this is early, but everyone else has already posted!

I have ten days off, statting today. At least, I have ten days without having to go in to school. I'll be doing prep work, but it's still a break. We had a very difficult week. A horrible stomach virus went through the school. On the peak day, we had 30 out of 70 children violently ill. It only lasted about a day, but it was still awful. I have a three-hour class one day a week, and at each break, someone wouldn't come back. It was like a bad mystery novel! I got it the third day and it was relatively mild, but I still missed a day -- and lost 3 pounds!!!

I'm meeting some friends for lunch. They're college buddies and I haven't seen one of them for 35 years. I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Xan; 11-19-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #11  

GREAT day all - Soccer all morning and afternoon for that matter, and then the 8 year old;s teacher is getting married in the late afternoon. THEN I think perhaps Christmas shopping - here's hoping!

Last night I truly binged for the first time since March - it was really gross, actually. Doritos solve nothing - I tell you. Nothing.

Tomorrow looks like soccer and shopping again . . . hmmm. Maybe I need to revise my schedule!

Be well -
Old 11-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #12  

Good afternoon all, today I went out to hunt at 6am, got my deer at 8am it is at the meat processor now. Was a nice day to be outside, and I had to have our neighbor come over and help clean it for me, my thumb just doesn't want to work yet. but it all went well.

Plan to take it easy the rest of the day and will try to do some sewing and help DH set up our Direct TV.

Pretty quiet on here, hope everyone is well.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Well, we did it...the Bulldogs are the SEC East Champions and will be playing for the SEC championship in Atlanta on Dec. 3rd. More than likely we'll be playing LSU. I sure hope we play that game like we played against Auburn and NOT like we played today. It was NOT a pretty win, that's for sure. Defense was great...but our offense, to be conservative, SUCKED. What good is having the largest offensive line in college ball (even larger than any offensive line in the NFL!!!) if they can't move the darn ball down the field!?!?!? GRR!!! Anyway, at least we won.

Chelby - Yeah, I'm still learning A LOT about football and some of that stuff is way over my head. I usually google it to figure it out or I ask my mom about it, LOL I've come a long way, though...several years ago I asked my mom what a running back did and she told me he's the one that does all the running. I said "they're ALL running." *shrugs* And then I asked her why the quarterback gets all the glory if the running back does all the hard work, LOL Needless to say, I know a lot more now. I know enough to know that pass interference call today was BS!!! GRR!!! And I know more than a co-worker who, many many years ago, asked if the Georgia Bulldogs were going to the Superbowl. *smh* That was BEFORE I knew anything about football...but I *always* knew the difference in college and pro ball, LOL
Old 11-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um ... Natasha, what are you on? I haven't a clue about what you are talking about! Anyhow, you sound happy.

Yesterday did not go quite as planned. I managed to trip in the lane when I was heading for the car and hurt myself. No serious injuries but I did blank out for a while. Luckily Donna was here to rescue me. I have some cuts and bruises but am otherwise OK aside from a fat upper lip and scratched glasses. I did manage to get the mandarins later in the day.

The Chem Chicks were great and none of them had tats or piercings despite the name. They were really young (12 to 17) and absolutely excellent. There were seven of them who played and/or sang and the audience loved it. I am recommending that we book them to open for one of the bigger acts at Delta Fair this year.

Am considering skipping Church this morning to get the costumes organized to hand over. That has been a major niggle but I couldn't do anything about it until today as the lucky recipient was tied up with a big Church supper last night. It'll be great to get that off my list and start thinking Tuesday and my trip to PA. Crowns, gifts and fancy Wise Man robes are all over the guest room bed and that's where my suitcase wants to be. I also have to do a financial report for a Mill Board meeting late tomorrow afternoon. 4:30 is a lousy time to have a meeting!

Enough whining! I'll have another coffee, pop some Aleve and get on with the day. It's raining here but it is SUNday!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was missing in action yesterday. After getting DW home and settled Friday I went into high conference mode and stayed there until I crashed at 9 last night We are planning a week of catching up on rest, some gentle walks and grocery shopping for me. It's going to take some creativity to come up with a T-Day dinner with less than 10 grams of fat in it.

Ruth- ouch, sorry to hear about the fall. Taking it easy sounds like a good idea, especially with a long drive right around the corner.

I'm going to enjoy some freshly ground coffee. I'll be back later

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-20-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Closed Thread