South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Thursday Nov. 17

Good morning!

I have a case of the Cyndi's, I woke up before 5 (well, DH woke me up when he went to the bathroom), and couldn't fall back asleep. I'm trying to make the most of it by getting some alone time on a weekday, and enjoying a strong cup of coffee.

Just work for me today. What's your plans?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Yay for starting us up Twynn. Work is on the schedule for me as well today, and then just perhaps starting to pack. BLEW it out yesterday at co-worker's baby shower lunch (I simply could not control myself, I ate so much and dessert too) and then went out after work with a co-worker and ate and drank more (sigh). I might be pmsing...it was that kind of supersonic need for food. Anyway, trying to get back on track today.

We have a cat who sleeps very heavily, almost like a human (very uncat-like). She normally sleeps on the bed with us between our pillows and will literally be completely asleep for the whole night, until about 5 or so when she 'decides' it's time for me to wake up and then she comes and sleeps on my pillow above my head. Anyway, this morning when I woke up (early) she wasn't anywhere on the bed, which I thought was strange. I got up and she rushed out from under the bed acting totally alarmed. I think she fell asleep under the bed for the whole night and when she heard me get up, woke up and was completely disoriented. It was very cute.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Twynn and Mathilda, and welcome to Thursday. I slept until 6 this morning when I woke to the sound of a truck going down my road. Big panic as I thought it was the garbage truck but he never comes until after 7:30. I've no idea what a big truck would be doing going down my wee street - it just goes to the Lower Lake. Maybe it was lost?

Now that I know for sure that I am going to PA for T-Day, I'm in overdrive. This morning, after major trash take-out, I'm finally off to town for hot chocolate mix, mandarins and candy canes for next weekend's post pageant treats, things for the Mill/Town Hall celebrations and other odds and sods. The Country Christmas costumes need to be dug out, ironed and checked too. Funny how everything happens at one - except I've know about this for weeks, just not that I'd be going away. "Procrastination is the thief of time" to quote my Dad.

Time to crank up the day which is now turning the sky medium gray!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Yesterday was a very long and tiring day at my mom's lake house, finishing cleaning up and waiting for an auction house to pack up what they would take and sell. I'm glad it's over and I know my mom is too. And I'm so happy to have a few days now with no expected break in my boring routine!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The birds are extra noisy this morning. Maybe the feeders are low?

Twynn - Hm, that's not what I want to be known for I've been testing Debbie's managed insomnia concept too. Might as well do something with that time. Hope it's an easy day

Matilda - We have a cat who is a heavy sleeper during the day. I'm always tempted to wake her after she's had a night of running around. Hope today is back on track and you aren't feeling the effects of yesterday too much

Ruth - I am in the same mode with the conference Saturday. So much left to do and so little time to do it. Good luck today

Karen - enjoy your routine day

So as usual things move fast in hospitals. Once they got Julie's blood sugar under control everything improved fast. I suspect that not be woken up every hour all night really helps! Yesterday they disconnected all but one tube and the main IV hook-up though there's no IV attached. We hope both will come out this morning. All that low fat dieting in the 80s is paying off because she is still on very low fat for a little while so I'm bringing her food. Yesterday she tried to convince the dietician that vanilla Greek yogurt has added sugar, really. Looks like she will definitely get out tomorrow but we are hearing some rumors that it may be today She is so ready to be home!

Meanwhile I need to get a huge list of stuff done for Saturdays conference. Eek!

Sunday I am sleeping in and not doing anything productive!

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-17-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! The skies are dark gray a gloomy here. I guess another day of rain is on tap.

Twynn, I hope you enjoyed your hour of solitude this morning before the day gets started. And I hope Matilda's cat is curled up and snoozing after the traumatic start to her morning! Ruth, take it one thing at a time, and you'll get it all accomplished. It's still only Thursday, remember!
Karen, I hope today's a lot less frenetic for you!

One more day of work, then I can get on with my weekend! I must finalize plans for Thanksgiving and get some menus together for while Ruthie's here. My car is overdue for an oil change, and I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow, and Saturday we'll have Amber and Tyler all day. Maybe Sunday I can finally clean the house.

Mmmmm, I'm drinking Pumpkin Spice coffee this morning. Anyone want a cup?

Morning, Cyndi! I hope Julie gets sprung today!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-17-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Twynn, I love my quiet, alone mornings, too.

Mathilda, What a funny cat!

Ruth, I say, "Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?"

Karen, The older I get the more I appreciate boring routine, too.

Cyndi, Does she have to eat low fat AND low calorie? Remember 'Snack Well' cookies? As many calories as an Oreo!

Linda, Have fun getting ready for Thanksgiving!

I am so excited about getting ready for Thanksgiving! I have a bit more to do this weekend and I'll be ready to go.

Yesterday, I signed our Board President's name to 1200 Christmas letters. Here's to personalized! I told her that I may never be able to sign my own name again!

Tomorrow, one of our corporate supporters is coming to visit us early. I'm in charge of getting the donuts. OF COURSE I AM!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I gained 20+ lbs on low fat in the 80s thanks to snackwell cookies Our challenge is low fat and low carb because she is diabetic. It's very short term though. Today I'm bringing a smoothie. Thank goodness for Greek yogurt!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

My mom gained several pounds recently thanks to 100 calorie packs. I made Auston a smoothie for dessert last night -- yogurt, milk, frozen blueberries and 1/2 banana. He thought I was amazing!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Late checking in here….I actually slept 8+ hours then DH wanted to help clean the house before he went to work. It was an opportunity I couldn't refuse. Now, I think I actually have the day to myself. Time to clear away niggles!

Twynn, thanks for getting us started! Glad you had some quiet time. I hope your work day is uneventful!

Matilda, ouch for having one of those out of control days. Today WILL be better! You inspired cat stories this AM. I have always had both dogs and cats. We started adopting Ragdolls many years ago. They usually don't love other cats, and are very content on their own. She loves us but sometimes I have to do a serious look to see if she's still around.

Ruth, thanks for the procrastination quote! I hope your list gets shorter today!

Karen, after all the cleaning and hauling, closure sounds very appealing!

Cyndi, keeping my fingers crossed for Julie to return home today. It's great news that the tumor was not cancerous, but too bad you have that darned conference this weekend.

Linda, yay for a special holiday guest! My car needs an oil change, too.

Chelby, sorry that you have to do the donut run! Ouch! I hope your hand isn't too sore! Yes, like Cyndi, I remember SnackWells and how they made it seem like it was the dieters answer! I didn't do well with 100 calorie stuff, either!

Ok, off to my list!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning ladies, I am between telecons for a few minutes. Starting to think about Thanksgiving - my brother is talking about bringing things like baked brie, so I'd better be prepared. think I'll make beachgal's kale & turnips, which is always a hit, and may try this, modified:
http://www.fageusa.com/recipes/butte...ta-cheesecake/
What are you all planning? Is there a Thanksgiving dinner thread?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #12  
sophie

good morning,

Twynn - Quiet time is nice and you will have a good day, right.
Matilda - how many more hrs till your holidays.
Ruth - you sound too excited to. Did you hear about all these over 65s that are planning to work till they are 80. They say 80 is the new 65, and you might prove them right some day.
Karen - I guess it was a happy and said day for you yesterday but things change.
Cottage - how wonderful you will see Ruth soon.
Chelby - find some donuts that are off. They won't ask you again.
Debbie - you DH is a gem to help you with the house work. Enjoy your day to yourself.
Schmoodle - Schmoodle's back in town. Welcome back.

me - told family that I am only baking three type of cookies and its so hard to decide what to make. I am making a list and sticking to it.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #13  

Hi Beachies,

Am I glad this day is over, still trying to catch up at work, and the whole time keep up with current. I need two of me. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday, and my birthday, looking forward to it and the weekend (hunting). And rest.

My thumb is getting there, but really sharp pain if I try to bend it, and it even hurts to sew (not good, have to solve that), has to be the way I use it while moving fabric. Never thought about how much we use the thumb, now I know.

I asked once before not sure if anyone had an answer, but does SB still make packaged foods, the stores here do not carry it anymore. Is Lean Cusine ok? Just for a filler.

Sounds like everyone is as busy as ever. Love reading everyones check ins. Here's to a great evening for everyone.
Closed Thread