South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday November 18

Good morning all. The stars are brilliant this morning which means a sunny day is expected. I've not checked the official weather yet though so I could be wrong. Been wrong before - been married twice.

To town for a haircut, shopping, new license photo and then foot care - all by 2:30. Darn executive assistant goofed again and booked me too tightly! I actually set out for town yesterday and they remembered I'm going there today so came home and did accounting for the day. We are expecting $54K in grant money soon and I'll wait until it's here before mailing out the cheques.

The dogs are being sucky lately - I guess they want a warm place for the winter. Jazz is a lap sleeper but Disney has never sat on my lap. Last night she took a mighty leap and took over from Jazz. A little jealousy perhaps?

A bit of a tummy upset this morning from cooking wings for dinner last night. The made me do it! The hot sauce was Franks and ICBINB but still too much fat, I guess. Strange how our bodies change over time. I used to eat wings, fried zucchini and pizza with no problems.

I'm starting to bore myself so will go and have another coffee and crank up TGIF!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, Wayngs (as they say around here) is one of my very favorite thayngs. If you ever feel devilish again, Louisiana Hot Sauce has an excellent wing sauce.

This morning is another 'dog and pony show' for us. Men from the charity committee of a huge local corporation are coming for a visit. I convinced my director to pick up the donuts. Yay! They are still going to be in the building. I'm going to eat a hearty breakfast and put on my big-girl panties. Victory over Donuts!

Last edited by Chelby29; 11-18-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Disney and Jazz know you are getting ready to go away again, perhaps, Ruth? I'm tempted, (but only tempted, mind you!) to ask you to bring those furry babies along. Unfortunately, Dustin and Tyler are allergic, though.

I gave in and took an Ambien to get a good night's sleep, and then didn't want to get up this morning. I want to be first in line to get my oil changed, though, so I need to get moving.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just got a call - Julie is coming home this afternoon! I was really hoping though there was some doubt yesterday. She has reached the point of feeling good enough to be really bothered by tubes and hospital and was starting to get a bit depressed. Glad we are nipping that one in the bud.

Ruth - It snowed here last night Luckily it did not stick. I'm the same way with some fats. Unfortunately I can eat way too much cheese without repercussions.

Chel - Looking forward to hearing of your further victories over the evil donuts. Remember - gobs of sugar drenched in lard. Ewwww

Cottage - Hope you have a quick oil change. Happy weekend.

Tying up a few ends then bringing lunch up for Julie. I will hang out there until it's time. (oops, started writing this then got totally distracted and vacuumed. oh dear)
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Once again I have been so confused about what day of the week it is. Friday, finally, check. Off to the gym with my mom to workout with our trainer. I got new exercise top and pants at Walmart yesterday, when I was doing some Thanksgiving meal shopping, and may wear them today to test them out and see if they'll get packed for my upcoming spa trip. (Great deal on sweet potatoes!) Making a list as I'm thinking about all that needs to be done next week.

Ruth - At least your assistant got the hair and photo in the right order

Chelby - LOL about the donuts. Sending willpower your way.

Linda - I take ambien when I travel. Did you know it makes some people do weird things? Not me, fortunately, that I know of anyway.

Cyndi - Yeah!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #6  

My boss's friend took ambien. She went to bed with long, beautiful hair. She woke up scalped. During the night, she got up and cut off her hair. I can't imagine...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Chelby, we ALWAYS buy Louisiana Hot Sauce. My husband and I put it on everything. It's waaaaay superior to Tabasco.

I had a disturbing letter from the blood donor center last night after my donation on Sunday, saying I had been permanently deferred and not to donate again, and that they were going to discard my blood! The whole thing turned out to be a miscommunication on my part a couple of years ago at a drive about how long I had spent in the United Kingdom between a certain period. In any case, I spoke with a very nice person this morning who is going to process my request for a reversal of the deferment. But I was so upset last night about it.

Last day of work before vacation! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #8  
sophie

good morning,

Ruth - had a chuckle about you being wrong twice. Hope you get everything done today.

Chelby - we are all counting on you to be strong with those donuts.

Cottage - hope you are first in line for the oil change.

Cyndi - So glad that Julie is coming home. Hoping for a quick recovery for her.

Karen - have a nice workout with your mom. Its so nice that you two motivate each other.

me - got up really early this morning and had quiet time knitting. No wine this weekend, DH is on antibiotics and I guess if papa doesn't drink wine no one does

take care
Sophie
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, thanks for getting us started! I love watching the competition for attention between Bing and the kitty. He definitely jumps in just to make sure he gets his fair share. Hmm....I ate something last week which no longer agrees with me. The last time I had wings I really didn't enjoy them enough to make them again. We sure have made changes around here!

Linda, hope your Friday is worry free and productive!

Chelby, VOD!

Cyndi, Yay!!!! I am sure sorry you have to work tomorrow, though!

Karen, have a great workout in your new outfit!

sophie, I had some early morning knitting, too. Now I'm sewing.

Chickadeee, happy birthday! You asked about Lean Cuisine. I'm sure there are some which are SBD compliant. You just need to read all the ingredients. We used to have them for dinner on occasion, but now I find them too salty.

Me, got up a little later, moved right into knitting and now I have a sewing project going. I need to take advantage of the few days I have which aren't too committed. I have some food prep to do but that can wait until later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello real quick. I'm only working a half night tonight b/c I have to leave out early tomorrow morning to head to Athens for the game. This will be the game that decides whether or not the bulldogs go to the playoffs. Can't wait!!! Kickoff time is 1221 hrs...odd, no??? LOL

Anyway, I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day. I'm about to get a small nap before I have to get ready for work.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Matilda- they won't take my blood because I did live in the UK for two years. Whatcha you going to do they are concerned about Mad Cow.

Cyndi- whewhoo for Julie coming home.

Chebly- hope you had great willpower, unfortunately I left mine at home and had a piece of pecan pie at work today. back on the wagon......

Have a great evening everyone
Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #12  

The donuts are still sitting in the conference room. I did not put them on plates. I did not clean them up. I have not touched them. In 1.5 hours, I will be 10 miles away from them. Yay me!

I did have a lovely square of dark chocolate. mmmmm

Pearlrose, If we have more good days than bad days between now and Christmas, we'll be successful!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chelby! Only a short time left to go! You Can Do It!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #14  

Good afternoon everyone.

I feel real good about sticking to plan, last night my DH helped me make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for me to take to work (I was going to make something healthy, but with my thumb and my DH not up to speed, I just couldn't swing it), so yep everyone at work had to eat those cookies, I did not have one, didn't even taste one. And I am not sorry about. I heard they were real good.

It was a good day, I went and renewed my drivers license and the pic actually turned out nice ( I thought, wow, my face looks thinner).

Will have to see what I can dig up for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great evening. Chat more tomorrow.
Closed Thread