South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday, Nov 16

Good Morning

I'm off and running. Today is the local Sr. Center Thanksgiving and I always go down and help cook the turkeys. They start at 3am which is 15 min. away-fortunately it's close....just 3 blocks East. Last year I rode my bike but will drive this morning. We don't do much walking in these parts at night because mtn. lions are known to wander. It's been several years since I've seen one in our yard.

What's up in your neck of the woods? Stop and say hi
Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, my first thought was that you sure were up early, but when I saw you had to be someplace at 3am I understood . Hope that turkey cooking goes well.

I'm just not sleeping soundly - excited for my vacation maybe? I conk out but wake every two hours later. I do get back to sleep but when I wake up at 5am, as I did this morning, there's just no point in going back to sleep. I got up so I could do some cooking - I just want to prepare all the meals through Sat. am so I can do a really good kitchen cleaning this evening.

At work we have a baby shower today...and more of the tidying up stuff. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a vascular surgeon that I saw a year and a half ago about a varicose vein, which has only gotten worse and now can best be described as "angry." I'm hoping that together we can convince my insurance company to pay for a new laser procedure that replaces vein stripping.

On that delightful note, have a great day everyone!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I am so glad I remembered the herbal sleeping pills I bought. I've actually had three good nights sleep in a row. I feel like a new woman, a woman who is really behind on her work but hey, at least I have the energy to think about it

Good news from here - the tests on the tumor are back and though it was very aggressive there is no sign of cancer. It doesn't actually change anything about the treatment or the impact on the MG but it's still really nice to hear. Now if we can just get DW out of the darned hospital. Yesterday she could have clear liquids so I made her a watery juice drink with cranberries and apple. I'm using the strained out solids to make a breakfast pudding. Yum!

Debbie - I would both love to see a mtn lion and would be very nervous about them Happy turkey cooking

Matilda - eek, good luck with the insurance co.
I have the same sleep issue - I fall asleep fine but then wake-up a lot. If I have anything going on in life I then start obsessing. I found these pills that contain melatonin and 5HTP and they really seem to help reset me when I get into one of those patterns. I bet vacation will do the trick for you though.

Okay, time to pour another cup of coffee and focus on the work list before making stuff for DW. We hope they will let her have some very low fat food today, maybe even for lunch.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. The dogs tell me we have very light misty rain.

Cyndi, Julie is so luck to have such a caring partner. Hospital food would kill her. I'm hoping she is ready to come home to your loving care soon.

Mathilda, my sympathies for the vein problem and persevere with the insurance. As Cyndi mentioned, melatonin sometimes does help with sleep problems. I've forgotten mine the past three nights and have not slept well.

Debbie, busy as usual! Since the turkeys go in at 3, I assume the seniors event is a noon hour one. Mountain lions freak me out and I'm glad we have non around here. We do get the occasional bob-cat which is a poor imitation. Of course we get wolves, coyotes and bears but just avoid them.

Had another delightful romp in the dark meadow last night when Jazz escaped once again. I've been very religious about putting him on the lead last night but forgot last night. Luckily he did his run-about and showed up at the side door in ten minutes. I just couldn't scold him because he did come back but "Whew!".

Lots to do today and tomorrow because Friday and the weekend plus Monday are jam-packed. It's time to make lists - like laundry, using up veggies and fruit and paying bills for the Mill. I also have Country Christmas costumes to sort out and hand over and need to buy hot chocolate, mandarins and candy canes., Guess a trip to town is needed, probably tomorrow. I did get American money and have my passport ready so I'm good to go early Tuesday morning.

This is really silly but I swear I can smell turkey cooking.! It's pretty sad when your nose starts hallucinating! Another coffee will fix that.

Happy Hump Day - and may it be an easy uphill climb followed by a fun downhill slide.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Debbie, I've been told by two different sources taht three pairs of mountain lions/cougars have been released at the lake across the highway -- about 5 miles away. I can't imagine why!

Mathilda, Melatonin gives me awful dreams. A couple of aspirin help me sleep, but are bad for the stomach. I hope your vacation fixes you right up!

Cyndi, I'm so glad you got good news about Julie. Cranberry apple juice sounds yummy!

Ruth, You are smelling the cornbread dressing my MIL made last night. It really is delicious -- and tucked safely in the freezer for Thursday.

We had a thunderstorm move through this morning. Auston was up at 4:30. He's sitting next to me with his Nintendo yawning big. It's going to be a long day for his poor teacher.

I am generally pretty even with my emotions. But yesterday, my supervisor hurt my feelings! I actually had to leave the office and pull myself back together. I called Jeff. He gave me the "it's all just a bulls**t game" speech. He's such a good guy!

One week from today we will leave for Louisiana. I have two or three small gifts to buy and all the wrapping to do. I'm so excited!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Mountain lions?!

Matilda - I'm not sleeping well either Could have slept much later today if my body and mind had cooperated. Good luck on the vein.

Cyndi - Yay!! And best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ruth - You are always so busy! I love lists. I love when everything is crossed off most of all. My nose has unfortunately be smelling pumpkin bread.

Chelby - I tried melatonin once and hated it. Can't remember why. Sorry about your supervisor.

I'm off to my mom's lake house in an hour or so. Last day down there before it is sold. Some stuff for us to do but a lot of sitting around while an auction company boxes up stuff we didn't want. I'll drive with my mom and my brother will meet us down there. It's really the end of an era for my family; we've had lake homes since I was a kid.

Starting tomorrow I can get back to routine for a few days until my boys come home next week. I really miss my routine! And I miss the exercise and good eating that come with it.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I got caught up in answering emails, and lost track of the time.

It's looking like rain on this dark morning. Audrey is allowed to go back to school today, so I'll go up to Susie & Ramsay's and see what they need doing before running errands for Cindy the rest of the afternoon. I do know I have to make a grocery run for her, for one thing.

Cindy, I'm so thankful that the news is good and Julie seems to be on the mend!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello ladies, I've missed you all very much. I'm glad to be able to keep up with some of you on facebook, although I don't post anything much there myself lately, but I do pop in and read when I can. Some of you may remember I took a new job about a year ago, and it's been good, but demanding. I took on a new, rather needy client in September, and he loves to send me places, so I've been traveling a LOT. Fortunately DH is still at home, so the travel hasn't been too much. He will be shipping out right after Christmas. Things seem to have settled down a bit with the holidays approaching, plus the tasks are all running out of money, so I'm enjoying the quiet while I can. This week has been very peaceful so far, and I'm nursing a cold, so I've been working at home, barely getting out of my pajamas. Behaving, although I haven't managed a clean Ph1 day yet - time for a taco bake, eh cottage? I'd love to not gain any more weight over the holiday, so maybe you all could help me with that?

Cyndi, I'm so glad the news is good for Julie and hope you will have her home soon.
Chelby, you are going home for Thanksgiving? Have a wonderful time, and cottage and Ruth too. I think I saw somewhere that you are spending the holiday together? Everyone making lists and being organized is depressing me, I haven't given the first thought to Thanksgiving or to getting ready for Christmas.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Schmoodle, nice to see u back again! Debbie, enjoy making the turkeys!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle! it was such a nice surprise to see your post! I've been missing you, Girl! Ha, ha, ha! I always know when you start talking taco bake that you are thinking Phase 1.

Busy, busy day! I must have put over 50 miles on my car, in pouring rain, and it was all local back-and-forth stuff! At least I made it home by 5:30 and now I'm going to put my feet up and relax and look forward to watching Survivor tonight.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

everyone!

Linda, I'm Survivor ready! The lunch went great and I seriously resisted some unnecessary foods. I'm going to bake my own pumpkin goodie (SBD approved) and I bought Caesar salad and peel and eat shrimp at Costco today so I won't have to cook tonight. Yay!

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Hi Schmoodle! We are going home for Thanksgiving. Yay Louisiana!

We are watching "Second Hand Lions". If you haven't seen it, you really need to. It is wonderful!
Closed Thread