South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat - 9 November

Good morning, ladies!!! It's the official end of Phase I for me, again, but I'm thinking that I'm going to add another 2 days at least b/c I went off-plan for Halloween and then I had to have that Snickers bar last night to get my sugar up. I'm real leery of adding grains back in b/c I know I was overdoing it before. It hasn't really been that hard living w/o them...I've missed fruit more than anything, really. Anywho, I guess we'll see.

Plans for today are gym, sleep, and then work. For some reason I haven't been hungry the past few days but I'm making sure I eat a salad real quick before I head off to the gym so I don't get lightheaded like I did last night.

So anyway, drop in and tell us your plans for the day. I've got the coffee going already...pour you up a cup.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Natasha. It's been poured for a while so I'll warm it up in the micro if you don't mind. Wouldn't it be great if we could all sit around a real kitchen table with our coffee and chat every morning?

Dropped a bit more water weight last night but the legs are still really swollen. There is no way I could get into jeans today! I did stay off the legs a lot yesterday but am really bored with sitting around. Daytime TV is just terrible. Jerry Springer is still alive! Who knew?

Today I am going to do SOMETHING even if it's just pot up some ivies and spider plants I rescued from last week's killing frost. My kitchen counter looks like a jungle and I must get it cleared off. Plants and their loose earth do not belong in a kitchen where cooking is going on. (I'm thinking soup today!)

Happy Hump Day to us all.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth, glad to hear you are whooshing. I also am surprised that Jerry Springer is still alive AND has a show, still. Do you get the Oprah Winfrey network up there? I could certainly waste a day watching that.

Yesterday I came home at lunch, set a timer (in my head, I don't actually own a timer) and went through my whole kitchen for stuff to donate. My cupboards were getting so full there wasn't room for everything, and DH was putting things away in the wrong places since it was all a jumble. I got rid of about 20 different mugs, plates, glasses etc. and took them right away to Housing Works, a thrift store near me. It felt great and I forgot how wonderful it feels to declutter. I feel a spree coming on...my closet's a disaster.

Today just the usual...work, after school pick up, etc. I'm working on 'creatively' using up all the fresh and canned ingredients (leaving only condiments) in my kitchen before our vacay. I love a challenge...

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Natasha - I must admit, SNickers are a favorite of mine...but they don't do nearly what they used to for me. Good for you for doing phase I!

Ruth - JERRY SPRINGER!?!? Maybe Justin Bieber needs to do his paternity testing on there!? LOL. Ahhhh, hard to believe some people really enjoy that show.

MMCK - that is a FANTASTIC idea. I love coffee mugs, but one does tend to collect a lot of them over the years.

Unfortunately, I live right at Penn State, so the whole community is in shock. I offered to castrate Sunduskey myself (without anesthetic of course), but so far no takers. I'm really, really hoping JoePa comes out of this okay...he has such high standards, I can't imagine he'd let someone go with THAT. I don't understand how some people can be so sick.

Anyway. Another day, another dollar. I bought the pup a reflective vest, so now I feel safer taking her out there with me (hmmmm...maybe I should get myself one?!). Hopefully we get to take it for a spin today!

Have a great day!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm having Newman's Own Organic Extra Bold this morning. Mmmmmmm!

Top of the morning to Natasha, Ruth, and Matilda!

Today's supposed to be the last day in our string of glorious weather, and I'm hoping to be able to spend the afternoon outside, after spending the morning doing Odds & Sods at Susie's. I should be able to get home before the sun goes down this evening, too. I really dislike driving home in the dark.

The next couple of days are going to be long and busy, so this Hump Day is a bit of a breather for me. I hope your's is the same.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn! I have my fingers crossed for JoePa, too. What a sick mess!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Not sure whether today will be another all day at the hospital or two visits with a few hours home in-between. With the hospital an hour away it's a tough call but last time I did manage to get stuff done in-between so might be worth it today. I'll figure it out when I get there and we hear about any pans for the day.

Natasha -Hooray for back on plan! A small salad sounds like a great idea.

Ruth - What kind of soup are you planning? I might fire up the crockpot tomorrow. Then again maybe I'll head to Delta and give you the stern look

Matilda - I love decluttering though it seems to hit in fits and spurts. I tend to lose focus when I'm busy and then I reclutter

Twynn - I think you might want a vest too. I grew up in the country and there are a few crazy and stupid hunters out there who shoot at anything that moves. Heck we even had bullets whiz by our house so movement is not necessary.

Okay, I got up early to get stuff done and that's not happening. Time to get to it!

Happy Hump Day

ETA - Good morning Cottage I do love my dark roasts. My new fave is Vermont Coffee Roasters Full City, dark and very smooth

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-09-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! Just read "dark roast" and instantly thought of roast beef! Art brought me some venison yesterday so I may have to cook it today.

Had to Google to find out why Twynn was ready to castrate someone - a non-dog someone. What a shocker!

Mathilda, uncluttering feels so good. However, I reclutter faster than I unclutter.

Cyndi, wishing you a good day. Give Julie a very gentle cyber hug from me.

Both dogs are back in bed and I am seriously considering joining them.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Natasha, Back in my Jazzercise day, I would eat an apple before a class and it would keep me peppy through the whole workout.

Ruth, I can watch Discovery Health for hours -- Life in the ER, Medical Mysteries, stuff like that. Much better than Springer!

Mathilda, Are you pregnant?

Twynn, I work at a Child Advocacy Center. We work with victims of child sexual and physical abuse every day. We all have a moral obligation to report child abuse -- to the proper authorities. ...stepping off the soap box...

Cottage, Someone gave me an extra bold Starbucks that is sitting in my freezer. The smell gives me goosebumps.

Cyndi, I'm glad DW did well yesterday. When will she be home?

I slept past 4:30 this morning! Woohoo!!! After two days of no sleep, I was completely out of sorts last night. I got my hair done after work and tried to leave without paying. My sweet stylist said, "Are you going to pay me?" I felt awful! Hopefully, I'm adjusting to this old time change....
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Natasha - I'm like you, finding it easier to just live without grains but miss my fruit. Have a great workout.

Ruth - LOL. I planned a huge backlog of shows to watch when I had my surgery last winter for that very reason.

Matilda - Why don't men put things in the right place! If they put them away at all.

Twynn- Stick close to your dog on your run! Enjoy.

Linda - Oh me too about driving in the dark. Hate it. Makes me feel rather old.

Cyndi - Do you know how long Julie will be in the hospital for recovery?

Chelby - Too funny. I got mine done yesterday too and decided not to do any planned errands since she'd ironed it straight and it was raining. Ah, vanity. I can't sleep later for the new time, myself.

I have a headache so my brain can't think of a thing to say. All I know so far today is that I need to make up for the cardio I missed the past few afternoons (thanks to appointments) and we are talking with DS in preparation for his all-day "interview" tomorrow. And I must get to the grocery store. But somehow I said that to myself yesterday and managed to put it off so... I think I need to try some caffeine this morning for a change since Motrin hasn't been doing much for my head.

Have a great day, all.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm flying by this morning..........the opportunity came up to work again today and I jumped on it! I love getting paid to exercise. Food, family issues and life in general have been pretty good this week. I even went over and helped my sis finish a big sanding project yesterday. We're hoping for two days over in Glenwood-I miss my pool.

Have a great day everyone! I might BBL

Karen, I hope your headache passes! Sometimes a little caffeine does help.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies, running late today. Just resting the thumb, boy does it throb! What an ordeal, it was like major surgery!

Ruth glad you are moving around, just don't over do it.

I am resting today, and unfortunately enjoying the SNOWFALL!

Keep warm.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 135/133/115

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone, just wanted to say a quick hello. There was an accident on the freeway this morning and it took me over an hour to get from one spot on the freeway to work, which would normally take me about 7 mins, so I was 45 mins late Better get to it. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Only one more day of work for me after this, long weekend.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #14  

Hi everyone- hope it's ok if I barge in on this conversation. I'm new to the board and on day 3 of Phase I. I've done SB before and never was able to stick with it. This time will be different! I think having others to chat with about daily struggles will be really helpful- I look forward to getting to know you all! Happy Wednesday (and for anyone in the Midwest, stay dry! I hear we're getting snow later today in Wisconsin).
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Jenkaye, welcome! I was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin! I reside in San Diego, Ca now though. I'm looking to lose 11lbs this month.
Closed Thread