3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Non-scale Victories: November edition (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/246392-non-scale-victories-november-edition.html)

jenne1017 11-02-2011 07:37 PM

Non-scale Victories: November edition

Share your non-scale victories for the month here!

:thanks2:

jenne1017 11-02-2011 07:42 PM

I have two for this week:

1) I did not have a single piece of candy this season. I didn't buy half off candy. And I even had a candy bowl on my desk and GIGANTIC bags in my office (candy for my meetings/travel). I didn't binge. I didn't eat it. Not to say I didn't want to but I resisted and I am proud!

2) Today, I found my favorite chips in CVS when I was picking up my UTI meds. They are newish and hard to find and I found them (I haven't seen them since I last had them in June in fact). I was tempted but I walked out of the store without the chips. And I feel good about it. Haven't stopped thinking about them, but I feel good I didn't eat any!

thefrenchgirl 11-04-2011 04:50 PM

No candy for me either, though the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the office tried really hard to tempt me! :devil: Yeah us! :cp:

Devlish 11-04-2011 07:48 PM

Excellent job ladies! I can join in on that...

I've had a pound of Mackinac Island fudge (best.thing.ever.) in my freezer since Oct 22. Haven't touched it.

Fat in Hong Kong 11-05-2011 01:15 AM

Well, as we all know, wine is a no-no on Phase 1, and I really thought I'd stuggle with that one, but I'm very proud to report that I've gone a whole week without touching a drop:D Hubby is a bit of a wine boff and often likes to tempt me with his new finds ... but I have not succumbed at all this week, and even he hasn't been tempted to open a bottle just for himself ... so it's obviously done us both some good!;)

Natasha1534 11-05-2011 02:02 AM

I just resisted a chocolate on chocolate cake from THE BEST bakery in town tonight. It was my niece's 17th birthday and I didn't indulge in even a tiny sliver. Woot woot!!! :)

chickadeee55 11-05-2011 06:36 AM

Candy and ice cream, haven't had any since starting SB 5 weeks ago. My DH has a sweet tooth and has orange slices, yogurt pretzels, mini kit kats, mini Dove bars, cookies in our pantry, and I have not had one thing all along. He even commented to me, how impressed he is.

So, they are there looking at me everytime I open the pantry door, and I don't even acknowledge them, just reach for the almonds.

I always tell myself, if I am going to go off plan, make it for something sinfully good. Because I know I have to do that once in awhile, but it will be my choice.

Sounds like everyone is doing good.

Chickadeee

jenne1017 11-05-2011 11:34 AM

you all are rocking this!!! :)

jenne1017 11-07-2011 09:48 PM

I don't know whether I should be embarassed or happy but my pants fell down in public today! I really need new jeans!

Also, my favorite nightshirt (I am a Pj pants and shirt wearing kinda girl normally) has gotten ginormous on me. Enough so that DW said to me this morning, "Are you trying to bring back that off the shoulder 80s look??" :lol3:

shelflife 11-07-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017 (Post 4100060)
I don't know whether I should be embarassed or happy but my pants fell down in public today! I really need new jeans!

Also, my favorite nightshirt (I am a Pj pants and shirt wearing kinda girl normally) has gotten ginormous on me. Enough so that DW said to me this morning, "Are you trying to bring back that off the shoulder 80s look??" :lol3:

Hahaha! You should be happy... but you should also buy new pants ;)

I got heck from one of my program secretaries about my pants that didn't stay up. I celebrated on the inside a bit, but that night I went to Value Village and picked up some new-to-me interim pants :)

Natasha1534 11-07-2011 11:59 PM

So tonight I had a couple of friends who needed to get out and have a drink. I went to the bar w/ them both and sipped on water the entire time instead of having a beer or mixed drink (I've got another day on Phase I). We went to Applebees and had dinner...I ordered a salad and had Unsweet Tea even though there were cheesesticks and buffalo wings there. Yay!!!

skinnyinthedesert 11-09-2011 10:37 AM

I wore my size 12 jeans out!! I haven't worn them in...two years? I was so nervous but everyone was complimenting me, even people I don't know that well! It was definitely an ego boost :)

jenkaye 11-09-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong (Post 4097037)
Well, as we all know, wine is a no-no on Phase 1, and I really thought I'd stuggle with that one, but I'm very proud to report that I've gone a whole week without touching a drop:D Hubby is a bit of a wine boff and often likes to tempt me with his new finds ... but I have not succumbed at all this week, and even he hasn't been tempted to open a bottle just for himself ... so it's obviously done us both some good!;)

I'm also a wine lover on Phase 1. Day 3 and so far, so good. Hoping to do 3 weeks of Phase 1 and then celebrate with a delicious glass of red.

jenne1017 11-09-2011 11:06 PM

Keep it going!!!!!!

Ruthxxx 11-15-2011 01:56 PM

After a bout with edema, I'm back into my new Size 14 pants that I shortened four weeks ago. Now they are too long which means I've lost some more butt and belly!

Do they still make platform shoes? I could use some.