South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:06 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up SBD Beach Chat, Monday 31 October

Good Morning

! I'm up early getting niggles done. I work both today and tomorrow at 530am and Wednesday we leave early for mom's eye appt and to p/u my sis at the airport. Fortunately, they're both on the East side of Denver.

I've been doing great staying OP and continue my good stretch of not nibbling at the restaurant. I have the good sense to believe that if I start it will be much harder to stop.

I'm sending to everyone trying to stay out of the Halloween candy today. It seems it will be everywhere!

What's on your agenda today? Stop by and chat!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-31-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #2  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone! I keep missing the daily chat thread due to the difference in time zones ... I think most of you are just starting your day, but for me it's early evening and the day will soon be over! When I start my day, you are all still tucked up in bed, so there's no chat thread for me to post on until the end of my day

I did post on Friday/Saturday, but I think it was at the very end of the thread when everyone else had finished for the day, and I'd just started the next, so no one probably saw my post.

Anyway, I've waited until this evening (my evening/your morning) to try and catch you all ... I've re-posted part of my Saturday post below, in blue, to save me from typing it all out again, just in case no one saw it. Here it is ....

Anyway, just wanted to pop along and say how pleased I am with SBD so far. I'm now on Day 6 of Phase 2 and couldn't wait any longer to weigh myself as I actually 'feel' like I've lost weight and needed to know! I hopped on the scales and was delighted to discover that I've lost 7lbs already!!! I can't believe it! It has certainly given me the motivation I need to carry on.

I feel like I've made a whole new start. I moved house in July, out into the countryside, and because I now live much further away from my work place, I reluctantly decided to resign from my job of 9 years, as I wasn't happy about all the extra travelling involved (and earlier mornings ... I am so not a morning person!). However, I've been so bored at home and didn't realize how much I would miss my job and work colleagues To cut a long story short, the new employee who took over my job has unexpectedly had to resign after only a short time ... and I've been asked if I'd consider returning ... I start my old job again on Monday! So, a new home, a new/old job, and a new lifestyle ... Life's not bad!

Hope to catch up with you guys on the chat thread more regularly once I've worked out the best time to do it!

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 10-31-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies...Happy Halloween!!! I'm about to head to bed, but I thought I'd pop in first. I've got to get up early today to get dressed up for work (amazing what they'll agree to let you do when you ask, ha ha) and get all my snacks made up for the shift. It's funny, but of all the things I make my shift requested that I make zucchini puffs, LOL

I went to Wal-mart a couple of hours ago and got each of the employees on my shift a plastic pumpkin and filled it w/ candy. There's candy left over and I have left it sitting in the bag...not going to touch it!!! Going back to Phase I has been difficult, but it's been worth it. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great day and a Happy Halloween!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Nichola, I did read your late post Fri/Sat. Congrats on getting your old job back since it sounds like you kind of missed it. Do you live in the New Territories? When I was there it was open country-was I ever surprised when I returned. Glad to hear you're so happy on SBD! You could always start the daily....it's pretty straightforward (just look back on a few days for the general idea...I always make double sure I have the right date and day of the week)

Natasha, great job getting back to P1. I sensed it would be much harder for me on a second go around, although I did do a solid week several months ago. It taught me not to stray as far in the future.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
Happy Halloween! Hope everyone has a safe and fun one. My son's after school program is having a little halloween party, and then we're meeting up with friends for dinner and trick or treating. I think I'll be able to stay away from the candy, it will be sticking to a low fat whole wheat pizza slice for dinner that will be difficult. I finally weighed myself this am, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be, plus it's TOM so I know I'm retaining water. Back on track.....hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy H-Day to us all - H-Day because I have not resisted the goodies! You are right - it's way too easy after the first cheat. At nearly 73, you'd think I'd know that.

Big wave at the early and late chickies. I'll be back later after I do my rounds.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a fly-by this morning. I actually have to present at the staff meeting up north today. It's been awhile so it's a bit of a shock to my system. I will be there for just an hour though, not bad. then I'm hitting BJs on the way home. The walnuts were a great price and DW really liked them so I'll pick up some more. It will be 4 hours driving for a 1 hour meeting, but it's a rare thing so I don't mind. I should be home by 2, in time for a little more work and then a workout.

Debbie - Congratulations on your success at work.

Nichola - definitely go ahead and start the new thread any day. It's just South Beach or SBD + day + date + chat.
How nice to land your old job back. Hope your first day back is going well

Natasha - What a nice boss

Matilda - It's definitely a fun day with kids.

What I always remember on cheap candy holidays - if I want chocolate I can have a piece of good, dark chocolate. Why would I waste my time (and cravings) on something that's mostly filler, cheap sugars and flavoring when I can have a piece of the good stuff later?
that and I don't want the real fright to happen when I step on the scale

Good morning Ruth. At least that candy will go away today.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-31-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

BOOO!!! Scared you, didn't I?

Debbie, Congrats on staying out of the diner food! You are Tough!

Nichola, Hooray for 7 pounds -- and a new, old job!

Mathilda, My son's Halloween stuff at school was last weekend. Two weekends of candy!

Natasha, Georgia Won!

Ruth, At 73, I think you should be able to eat/do whatever the heck you want!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is NOVEMBER! We will have Christmas with my family in Louisiana at Thanksgiving, which means Christmas Shopping! Thankfully, Jeff has taken care of all the men's gifts. My MIL asked yesterday when we are going to make chicken dressing. I better start practicing some portion control!

My laptop didn't get the memo that time change was moved. According to it, it's 4:47 a.m. Makes me want to go back to bed!

Hope you all have a great day. Stay out of the candy!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I thought I'd throw that snow in there for good measure. I thought yesterday's sunshine would melt it away, but it's still here.

Have a good day at work today, Debbie, and have fun at work, Natasha. Is the whole shift dressing up? Nichola, I saw your weekend post, too, as we Moderators do read all posts. It must be hard trying to keep up with all the different time zones. Matilda, have fun at your son's Halloween party and stay strong! Ruth, keep your paws OUT of that candy! Or you'll end up running out early and have to turn off the porch light. And you know that will set you up as a target for tricks.

I'm stopping by the farm to pick up Cindy, and we're heading over to school for the Halloween parade this morning. I'm not hanging around for the party afterwards, as the girls ended up having 14 friends spending the weekend with them because of the snowstorm, and they still had their party in the hayloft. I can just imagine what bedlam awaits me!
Then it's home to grab a quick supper before heading over to see Amber and Tyler in their costumes, then hustling it back here before the little ghosts and goblins come knocking at my door.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chelby and Cyndi!

Cyndi, we think the same way! That cheap candy just doesn't tempt me in the least. Be careful driving this morning. How are the road conditions up there. It's pretty dicey in places, here.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

as I head out...I did have enough time to catch up with everyone!

Chelby, I did resist donuts yesterday, remembering the new definition of victory.

Have a great day, beachers!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #12  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Well, it's nice to have a bit of company, now I've sussed out the time zones!LOL

I'm so glad that my kids are grown up now and I don't have the temptation of all the Halloween candy at home ... I used to eat most of it!!

Lexxiss - yes, we're out in the New Territories now, in Sai Kung, very close Sai Kung Country Park, so lots of lovely walking/hiking trials ... I'm beginning to enjoy the walking with my two dogs, but I'm not quite up to the hiking trials in the hills/mountains just yet ... maybe in a few weeks!

CyndiM - I had a thoroughly lovely first day back at my old job, thank you. I don't know why I ever resigned in the first place!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies.

I feel good today, and today is a ME day. I am still in my PJ's. New month starting and all will be good.

Thank goodness we live out in the country, we have no tricker treaters out here, that plus our driveway is over 400 feet long. My memories of Halloween as a kid are so much different than how it is today for kids, it is sad, but times change, and they need to be safe.

And I agree, go for the good dark chocolate, it is worth it.

Chelby (Chickadee, 9 pounds in 4 weeks is excellent! Phase 2 always slows down the weight-loss. I do not measure or limit Ph1 foods -- other than nuts and cheese, but I have to be very careful with grains.)
Thank you for this comment, it made me feel better. I am going to start tracking my measurements, that I can live with better than the scale.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

I am going to make cauliflower pizza for dinner, but I am putting chicken breast on it for the meat. Can't wait to try it.

Later

Chickadeee
Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - I agree. And boy did I experience that on my recent trip. Wish I'd followed your example.

Nichola - I almost always go back to the previous day's thread each morning, before I read the current one.

Natasha - Great willpower!

Matilda - Have fun tonight.

Ruth - Yes, I agree! I felt so virtuous having no candy at home and then stupidly dipped my hand in when I saw it anywhere else, ready for the taking.

Cyndi - Great idea about the "good" candy.

Chelby - Eek! I was thinking the same thing about November! My husband is still in bed; his clock changed too and I wonder if he thinks it's an hour earlier than it is.

Linda - My son says he got about 6 inches. Glad I was at Parent's Weekend in LA, not PA! They both had them the same time.

Chickadee - We won't get any either. I say that and I hope I'm not wrong because we bought no candy!

Our trip was good. Busy. It was nice to see our son. I need some PH1 this week to recover from LA food! Off the the gym with my mom this morning. Trying to decide if I can just ignore a neighborhood gathering pre-trick-or-treat. I'd rather not deal with the food there and am feeling like just holing up at home. Probably will pop in for a bit though; don't want to be anti-social. Going to play catch up now.

Have a great day all.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

You all are certainly chatty this Halloween! This is my favorite holiday! There is a bowl of candy on my desk and some SF candy tucked away in my drawer, just in case!

DW leaves this evening for Syracuse so I've got the place, and my meals, to myself!!! So excited for peppers and zucchini! I am going to try to leave by 5:30 to make it to the store and then home in time for the trick-or-treaters. I think I will sadly miss most of them (and we've got a ton of candy). Not sure what to expect in an apartment complex! I almost placed a bin outside the door but second guessed the honor system

Stay safe all!
Closed Thread