Anyone See The New Bars?

• I haven't seen them in the stores, but I've gotten a few emails saying available in stores soon. Would you try them?
  • Nope! I'm all for REAL food.
  • Yea the ingredients list looks a little funky.
  • I won't try. For me, the concept of most bars are too many calories mainly because they go down very fast and leave me feeling pretty unsatisfied. Now my DH loves his granola bars because he can eat 5 a night and never gain.
  • Lexxiss isn't he lucky? I love Granola bars, esp the crunchy ones. Most of the bars seem to have about 120 calories, 17g of carbs and about 6g of fiber. I won't lie that whipped chocolate one looks so good lol. They have snack bars and meal bars. I could never replace a meal with a bar, but would consider having one as a snack in the car. Idk I'm still up in the air. I'll see how much they cost.
  • Could someone post a link to these new bars? I can't seem to find anything new from here.
  • Here you go!

southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/south-beach-diet-foods.aspx

Sorry it will not let me put the "www" in front of the link...I haven't posted enough yet.
  • crazy, once again he is signing off on something that doesn't follow the guidelines. it's sad
  • Cyndi That's the 1st thought I had when I got the email! I thought the premise of SBD was whole foods? I guess gotta make a dollar somehow, from what I can see a lot of people on the diet aren't really buying the book.

Here's the ingredients in one of the bars.

Ingredients: Protein blend (calcium caseinate, soy protein isolate, whey protein isolate, partially hydrolyzed milk protein isolate, egg white, enzyme modified soy protein), oligofructose (added for fiber), sugar, water, fractionated palm kernel oil, almonds, brown rice syrup, fructose, soluble corn fiber, cocoa (processed with alkali), whey, nonfat milk, natural flavor, pectin, salt, soy lecithin, citric acid, carrageenan.

Allergen information: Contains egg, soybean, milk, tree nuts (almonds).

Produced on equipment that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, wheat and sesame.
  • Not only frankenfood but three different kinds of sugar, exactly what we learn to look for on labels

Have you checked out some of the bar recipes here? I was really into the Nessa Bars for awhile and there's a pumpkin bar, I think, that was really good. I used to make batches on weekends and portion them out for the week.
  • No! I'm going to check right now. Thanks.
  • Yeah, I only use bars if in a jam and am to follow right up with fresh fruits and veggies after. I am hoping to be down another pound on Sat! I should go back up to that gym!
  • This doesn't make sense to me at all. Why not just make a legal bar instead?

I'd almost (almost) would rather go eat some fast food crap instead. What's the difference, crap or crap? It's all the same.