3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tuesday 10/25 on the Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245834-tuesday-10-25-beach.html)

CyndiM 10-25-2011 06:52 AM

Tuesday 10/25 on the Beach

Good morning :coffee2: Good morning beachers, rise and shine. Coffee is ready and I have enough to share if you're fast. I'm going to grab another cup and I'll be right back

I don't know about anyone else but it certainly looks like today will be the last beach day without a warm coat around here. I knew it was coming but I'm so not ready. Time to get that last bin of turtleneck sweaters and cords out of storage.

Another day of conference planning and house cleaning. I am back to the countdown to DW's surgery and wanting the house immaculate before that happens (11/7). I'm definitely heading up to the little meadow for a walk this afternoon and to the farm stand for a box of squash to store. other than that, it's WFH and chores for me.

How is your Tuesday shaping up?

Chelby29 10-25-2011 07:05 AM

Good Morning. The coffee is particularly nice today. Maybe it's the Miralax? :lol:

Cydni, Does it get cold and stay cold there? Last week, the highs were in the 50s. This week, we are back to the 80s. I never put my Birkis and shorts away for good.

I predict that Auston will wake up with both eyes crusted shut this morning. I'm waiting to hear him holler. Poor guy! He's been on the pink-eye drops since Saturday. It's lasted longer than expected. Surprisingly, I don't have it. Knock on wood...

My boss had a meeting with the District Attorney yesterday. She is not happy about something, but he wouldn't tell me what. She is a fabulous DA and we have to work closely with her. He is a new boss. I hope he understands the power of a good 'schmooze'.

TwynnB 10-25-2011 07:16 AM

Good morning chicks!

Cyndi - thanks for the coffee, please make more! I know we look forward to different seasons, but did I miss fall?

Chelby - a good schmooze goes a lonnnnng way! Hope his eyes improve...does he need different med?

This weekend stunk. Arrived back home last night (since my first flight was cancelled, I wasn't sure if I would make it) at midnight. It has been physically and mentally exhausting, and I ate quite poorly (and erratic). I'll try to eat decent today, but need to get the house in order and a grocery list made.

Hope y'all have a good day...

Chelby29 10-25-2011 07:20 AM

Twynn, This is his first round of "The Pink Eye" as he calls it. IS there a difference medicine? I guess I'll call the doctor in a couple of days??? I'm sorry your weekend stunk. Is your dad okay?

CyndiM 10-25-2011 07:22 AM

Chelby - we probably won't see 80s again for awhile around here. There are people who wear Birks with socks all winter, not that I recommend it. Some Pink Eye is viral so it might just need to run it's course. Do they have an exclusion rule at school?

Twynn - Glad you made it home safely

Ruthxxx 10-25-2011 07:22 AM

Great coffee this morning and much needed as it's 45F out there and that's today's high! This is typical temps for this part of the planet so my summer stuff has been stashed away for over a month, Chelby. Poor Auston and the darned pink-eye! This sure has lasted a long time.

Cyndi, your coffee is good as usual. It's sweater and warm pants around here too - and rainwear! I've still not done my outside fall clean-up and it's going to rain for the rest of the month. I have a leaf blower but it doesn't work well on wet leaves.

No meetings or appointments today but I do need to go to town to get a new receipt book so I can finish that Mill task. One of the guys made me a program to generate lovely looking receipts but they take too long to set up and frequently need to be reprinted with corrections. Technology is not always faster so I'm going back to hand written ones.

With luck I will be sipping tea and doing some sewing this afternoon when the next dump of rain hits. This is getting really old!

Happy Twos-day, as Jenne says. :cofdate:

cottagebythesea 10-25-2011 07:28 AM

Morning! I've had 2 cups of coffee so far, and I'm still waiting for the caffeine to kick in and get my gears moving.

It's not quite time to pull out the warm coats here yet, Cyndi. Our nights and early mornings are cold, but we've been warming up to the 60s during the day. Jake and I are at odds about turning on the heat. I want it off since I've been sleeping so much better in a cold bedroom. But the cold really aggravates his arthritis and Parkinson's. I dread the heating bills this winter.

Chelby, poor Auston, I hope his pink eye isn't worse this morning, and I hope you continue to avoid getting it!

I had a pretty busy day yesterday and didn't get home until 7:30 last night. The girls and I went out shopping for supplies for their Halloween party after school, and got home to discover Cindy had been delayed at the clinic, so I got supper started. Then I ended up staying even later to help set up for a cocktail/business meeting. It ended up being a crazy evening!
Today should be rather quite until after school, then we have piano followed by gymnastics. Rush, rush, rush.

cottagebythesea 10-25-2011 07:30 AM

:wave: to Twynn and Ruth!

I'm glad you made it home safe, Twynn, but sorry you had such a crappy weekend. :hug:

Pearlrose 10-25-2011 07:46 AM

Good morning,

Cyndi- Hope you get everything spic and span before the surgery, I think today is our last day of warm weather as well

Chelby- poor Auston, I hope it runs its course quickly

Ruth- fingers crossed for getting back early this afternoon

Cottage- hopefully it will not be another late evening for you.

I woke up an hour early so decided to do my workout and go to work early- I have to get some process documented by tomorrow so I figure the quiet morning might be the best time and I think I am cutting out earlier today and will finish up working from home to get some done. I was supposed to work from home on Thursday so I could attend DD2 Halloween parade and party but it looks they booked an appointment on me at the same time which I cannot ignore, so darn mad.

Have a good day everyone

Twynn- glad you got home safely

Lexxiss 10-25-2011 08:10 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I've been washing kitchen cabinets and will be done before walking with my girls. I think this is the last day before s**w. I've been bouncing back and forth between moms and here trying to get everybody spiffed up before sis arrives. Yesterdays big task was to haul my treadmill out of here..two blocks and into mom's basement. She bought it from me in the Spring and we've been dreading the haul. It wasn't too bad but wanted it done before snow.

Thanks for the start up, Cyndi. Kirk has been getting up with me every morning now which really cuts in on my social mornings. He's back in bed now. It's getting chilly here, too. I'm not looking forward to cold mornings. I'm sure glad your days have turned more predictable. How is Julie doing?

Chelby, I hope Auston is feeling better soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too, that you don't have office drama on your horizon.

Twynn, I see you decided to stay Stateside.:lol: Seriously, sorry your weekend was so crappy and I'm sure you were happy to be back with your family.

Ruth, I hope you're sewing and drinking tea by the afternoon!

Linda, your yesterday sure turned busy...and today, too. I've been keeping the heat down dreading the bill this winter. I'm going to have to break down very soon.

Karen, how did your dinner meeting go? Saying oh well as your DH loses weight.

Jenn, how are your new shoes?

chickadeee, hang in there-be assured your body is making big changes even if you aren't seeing it in the scale. It's not uncommon to have beachers losing lots of inches without the scale movement.

Natasha, good luck with P1! I hope to see you here more often.

Pearlrose, yay for an early workout! I hope you actually get home early!

:wave: everyone else! I'm off to work.

WaistingTime 10-25-2011 08:29 AM

Good morning!

Debbie - Thanks for asking. It was horrible. I was so frustrated with my fellow trustees being unprepared. No dinner, just over the dinner hour; we were on the phone from different locations. So, now we either finish via email or have another call next week.

I have so much busy work today. Much of it in preparation for visiting my teen. Need to do more internet research to expedite the little time he'll have with us in LA to get done tons of errands. Where do we take him to buy new shoes!? Will try to buy some of the smaller things here and pack them. Have to get to the library and by snacks for the trip. Niggles, lots and lots of niggles. But, will get all my cardio in!

jenne1017 10-25-2011 12:19 PM

Hi all -

Traveling to Atlanta today. Hard choices food wise. Will check back in when I land.

debbie - work shoes gave me blisters (but just need to be broken in, YAY band-aids) and sneakers are so far so good. Will hit the hotel gym tonight and make sure though :) Thanks for asking!!

sophie 10-25-2011 03:14 PM

Good afternoon,

Not much on going on here. Busy decluttering my studio so I can work in it. This weekend is my trip to Montreal to celebrate the 100tn Anniversary of a church I went to in my youth and got married, baptized children and buried parents. Haven't been there for a while and hope I don't break down and cry and I will see so many people I haven't seen in 40 years. Will recruit my BF to tell me whose who, and I feel so much better going in there knowing that I have lost weight.
take care
Sophie

ultimatebea 10-25-2011 05:32 PM

Hey everyone! This has been the craziest start to a school year EVER.

Weight has been virtually stable for the last month, but the eating habits are not so good - I have been "saved" by having 2 on plan meals a day, and one off, so no real gain over the past month. On the other hand, if I REALLY want to get to 150, I need to get my rear in gear - literally and figuratively. I have not run since Sept 18 - NOT a good thing!

Hoping everyone is well - and that I get myself together and get back on here!!!

Be well -

jenne1017 10-25-2011 10:54 PM

OMG, not enough food today. So many bad choices in the south and I averted them all. But now I am left literally starving.

I am going to hit the gym to try to work it out of me but I may have to come back to the peanuts in my room (honey rosted though of all things). There are no stores nearby or that are even open around here. I've maybe had 700 cals in total alone today.

Sooo very hungry. But I am sticking it and committed to being SBD friendly. I just need to lose 2 pounds between now and Sunday to go show that coaster who is boss!!!!

Off to the gym indeed...