3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Yougurt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245460-yougurt.html)

anilom007 10-19-2011 08:54 AM

Yougurt

I am really missing my yogurt. I know we can have it, but I havent since I started SB. I used to eat the 1 percent lovely creamy greek yogurt - with some blueberries and a swizzle of raw honey on top! Now that I cant have honey this snack that I used to always turn to is just not doing it for me anymore :( The idea of sprinking splenda over it just doesnt cut it. How do you eat your yogurt..or does anyone have any good suggestions to sweeten it up (not with the fruit though, it doesnt really work) Thanks!

CyndiM 10-19-2011 09:00 AM

In Phase 2 you could try a little agave, very similar to honey but much lower glycemic index.

jenne1017 10-19-2011 10:46 AM

I eat plain greek yogurt with crystal light sprinkled in. Usually the fruit punch flavor.

And like cyn said, blueberries and agave are a-ok on Ph2!

anilom007 10-19-2011 11:08 AM

That sounds perfect. I'll have to pick some agave up today! Thank you!

CyndiM 10-19-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilom007 (Post 4077103)
That sounds perfect. I'll have to pick some agave up today! Thank you!

Check the ingredients when you find it. I've never had a problem but I've read that there is some "agave" out there that contains HFCS.

mzKiki 10-19-2011 12:11 PM

I went to the store today and picked up some fruit greek yogurt. It has 19g of sugar. Doesn't that seem a little excessive?
There is no HFCS but it contains "evaporated cane juice." What do you think?

skinnyinthedesert 10-19-2011 01:01 PM

I mix in a little vanilla flavoring and some splenda. I read it somewhere on here, I think and it's my favorite breakfast at the moment :)

CyndiM 10-19-2011 01:13 PM

Fruit yogurt is not on the Phase 2 list. Yogurts have to be either plain or no sugar added. Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzKiki (Post 4077228)
I went to the store today and picked up some fruit greek yogurt. It has 19g of sugar. Doesn't that seem a little excessive?
There is no HFCS but it contains "evaporated cane juice." What do you think?

ETA - sorry about the confusion this much too fast post caused! No sugar added yogurt is allowed, with or without fruit. I shouldn't answer questions while working

mzKiki 10-19-2011 01:23 PM

Oh....Figures lol. Thanks I just couldn't bring myself to eat it, the kids thoroughly enjoyed it though.

mzKiki 10-19-2011 02:13 PM

Ok looking in the book (supercharged) on the foods to reintroduce in phase 2 it says "Yogurt 4oz per day artificially sweetened, low fat or non fat flavored yogurt, avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup."
It doesn't say anything about no fruit. So now I'm confused.

CyndiM 10-19-2011 02:28 PM

I think artificially sweetened means no sugar

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzKiki (Post 4077431)
Ok looking in the book (supercharged) on the foods to reintroduce in phase 2 it says "Yogurt 4oz per day artificially sweetened, low fat or non fat flavored yogurt, avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup."
It doesn't say anything about no fruit. So now I'm confused.

mzKiki 10-19-2011 02:44 PM

Yea I get artificially sweetened means no sugar if that was intended to be snippy. However, there are fruit "flavored" brands such as Dannon Light n fit that contain aspartame and are still fruit flavored.
Your response to me was fruit yogurt is not allowed, so perhaps you misunderstood my original post. In any event thanks for the clarity. I'm here to learn.

CyndiM 10-19-2011 03:04 PM

I'm sorry you thought that was snippy. It was a quick response in the middle of the work day. I should have been clearer originally, yes you can have no sugar added fruit yogurt. Didn't yours contain evaporated cane juice? I got focused on that specific and wasn't clear enough about the general rule. Sorry again

shortchick 10-19-2011 09:13 PM

Do you have a Kroger store near you? Their CarbMaster yogurt is actually, very good, and only 3g sugar.

mzKiki 10-19-2011 09:21 PM

Sorry Cyndi No school around here today and a 2yr old and 4yr old add in late naps... well you understand lol.
We don't have Kroger's in my neck of the woods, but I did have low carb yogurt once...yuck lol.
I think I'll just mix some blueberries into some plain yogurt and add a little sweetner.