South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Tuesday, October 18

Good morning from chilly Delta. It is now definitely fall but the coffee is hot and the house is warm so it's not so bad after all. The dogs had homemade chicken stock on their kibble this morning and are very happy.

Managed my two back-to-back meetings last night and said no to several requests for a change. Somebody else stepped up to the task of clearing the summer flowers out of the village planters. Amazing! I also refused to spend this Friday night wrapping tinsel around the Christmas decorations for the street lights.

Today we have Good Food Box this morning and Pet Therapy at the nursing home this afternoon. I also plan to get some baking started for the tea and sale this coming Saturday although I do have some in the freezer.

Now to plan my meals for today so I don't wander off track. The freezer stash is getting close to needing replenishing.

In the meantime, join me in sipping coffee and a bit of a natter.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmm, the coffee is especially good on this chilly morn, Ruth. Thanks! I bet Disney and Jazz really enjoyed the special treat on their kibble, too.

I have to go in early this morning and take the girls to school. We're letting them sleep in since they got home very late last night, but they are still getting to school by 9, so all's well. And it will be a long day for me, as I'll be dropping them off at gymnastics at 6pm before I can head home. I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime, though, and it will be nice to have water again. It's amazing how many times I went to turn on the faucet yesterday, only to remember that the plumbers had it turned off all day.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-18-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You two are busy, busy, busy! Hope you're enjoying your coffee before your day starts out.

I'm quickly checking in, then making mexican crock pot casserole, dropping the kids off at school (they forgot their homework, so nice mommy will drop them off at the earliest point....), and I think I'm squeezing in a 2.5-3 mile run, shower at the Y, and be to work at 9. I need to get my exercise in, and the kids threw the schedule off. Now, I need to stick to it!

The coffee is GOOD this morning!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Goodness, Twynn! You're going to be all worn out by the time you get to work, with that schedule!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Wow, I'm tired from just reading about everyone's day!

DW gets her last treatment this morning and we should be home by late afternoon. Yesterday it took almost 6 hours to finish but at least we will be out of there for a little while

I woke up in the middle of a dream about the conference I am planning. It was not good. Guess that's my hint to buckle down and get some work done!

Well it's a sunny fall day here. Doesn't get much prettier than this. Happy Tuesday

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-18-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, everyone!

Heather1908 and chickadeee55- Welcome!

Twynn - I made that yesterday and DH and I will enjoy leftovers for lunch.

The roofers worked half the day yesterday; we'll see how they do this week since it is supposed to be quite cold and windy. My bathroom has a skylight so no dressing or bathing or anything else in there! (My closet is connected.) Yesterday our new "toy" arrived: DH and I are pooling all our gifts this year (anniversary, holiday, birthday) and bought a tablet. Still learning how to use it; I am low-tech - don't even have a smart phone. Yet Today I work on foundation stuff and this evening we have a conference call to make decisions about grants.

Now my confession... last night I did some emotional eating and got into my "travel" stash of protein/fiber bars. I guess I might need a bit of PH1 de-craving again.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have two minutes to get downstairs. Did well eating traveling until last night the appetizers were all off plan the first round, I had a little of the some fried stuff. Second round they finally brought out the veggies so I loaded up on them.

Off to learn

Have a good day everyone
Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heather1908 and chickadee55- Welcome!

Pearlrose, happy learning! I hope there continues to be good food choices for you.

Karen, you and I seem to be on the same schedule-I had an EE day, too. It sounds a bit hectic for you...hope the roofers knuckle down!

Cyndi, I look forward to the report that you and Julie are both home!

Twynn, you are sure organized after vacation!

Linda, sorry you have such a long day...it sure makes up for yesterday!

Ruth, good for you not getting stuck with all the jobs again! Once again, you've got that full schedule. Steam ahead!

Me, didn't sleep long so finally got up and started the next phase of the painting project. I should have started the daily but I wasn't very chatty. I'm at a stopping point-time for smoothie breakfast then out to walk with the girls. It's nice here, but a bit chilly.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning all!!!!

Yesterday was the birthday, today is the wedding day. I promise I will be able to go back dailies tomorrow I have to go eat breakfast, get some coffee in me then primp. I mean, we got married in the big to-do ceremony 5 years ago but I am sooo nervous this morning...

Have a great day girls!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Jenn, have a super great day today! Congratulations on your marriage! (I know you will have pics!) Funny, having the jitters all over again
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Back from a successful shopping trip. DH and I both needed dressier winter jackets and I found one in Tommy Hilifinger. Kind of liked one at Jones of New York but the tweed material reminded me of one my late MIL had and I'm not there yet. Also bought some stuff at Le Creuest, I love their stuff. Anyways it was a pleasure to shop although I wonder sometimes about the discounts. Only one more trip at the end of October and then maybe no more temptations till Christmas.

Ruth - Glad you are learning to say NO.

Cottage - Your day sounds busy but life without water is hard.

Cyndi - now that things are settling down a bit, you might be able to concentrate on work.

Karen - have fun with the tablet. What a long way we have come since even 5 years ago

Debbie - busy day again. I tried a smoothie for breakfast and I guess I'm just the type that needs a bite to my breakfast and lunch, will try it for a snack.

Twynn, Pearlrose - have a good day

Jenn - have a HAPPY WEDDING

Take Care
Sophie
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Just popping in to say hello. The National Fair is packed up and moved out of town, so it's back to the real world of my normal everyday job now. The good news is that I have SLAYED my exercise goal for this month b/c of all the security I worked at the fair. I'm already 140 minutes PAST my goal, LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Interview tomorrow at 12, today was an okay day, except I lost my mailbox key!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good luck w/ your interview, Bella!!!
Closed Thread