NSV: October 17-23

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Share your Non-Scale Victories here! Pants fit better? Go down a shirt size? Make it through a week without a cheat? Someone compliment you on looking so good?

Share your NSVs here!

• I have one!

Last night, Jazz managed to escape from the yard and took off through the neighbouring yards. Black dogs are really hard to see at 10 PM but I spotted him. I went through the rail fence without getting stuck and grabbed him. I would have been stuck out there in the dark 25 pounds ago!
  • LOL! What a great NSV!!
  • Great job Ruth!!!

While wedding shopping, I went down 1/2 sizes! I fit into an XL in Coldwater Creek! I haven't fit into "regular" sizes in years...
  • 2 weeks ago my sister bought me a pair of Riders slimming jeans. Well when I tried them on they fit horribly and gave me major muffin top.
    Well guess what I'm wearing today!?! They look and feel great! I even think I could use a belt.
    Whoo hoo!
  • Today I tried on a dress in my usual size (a UK 16, which is an American 14, I think) and it was too big!!! I am soo excited because i've been struggling with my weight for the past year and this is the first time I've seen any actual changes!
  • NSVs are great motivators! Love reading them!

I have lost 4" on P1 and accent belts (waist cinching type deal) are already loose on my usual holes. My second chin is also looking more like a .75 chin! LoL.
  • I saw two people this weekend that I had not seen in several weeks. They both immediately commented on the change in my appearance. That's very exciting and rewarding. I think it's harder for people that see me everyday to recognize the changes.
  • Great job ladies! Loving this thread!
  • Mine feels kinda silly compared to the others...but I was showing what I call our agency's "yearbook" to someone and they commented on my picture on the front of the book. They told me that if I ever doubt the progress I've made (I've been down on myself for being plateaued lately) to look at that picture and see how far I've come.

This is from 2007.

• Quote: I saw two people this weekend that I had not seen in several weeks. They both immediately commented on the change in my appearance. That's very exciting and rewarding. I think it's harder for people that see me everyday to recognize the changes.
    It can be a bit frustrating, can't it? When you're like 'why can't everyone around me see all the hard work paying off??' hehe Sometimes I wanna hibernate till I hit my goal just so people will be able to tell more!

You guys are all so motivating! Natasha, you look amazing!!
  • Yesterday I could definitely tell I fit better in a pair of slacks! I've also noticed a difference with my mini double chin haha. It's almost gone! And, I think I'm going to have to get my ring sized at some point, it's definitely loose!
  • Yay! everyone!!

Natasha, love the pic, anyway but you've come so far!

I have two in one. I'm going in tomorrow at 5:30 am to train as an early shift waitress at the local joint.
    1. This was not physically possible before I started taking care of my health by losing weight
    2. I'm not stressing about what I'm going to wear. I stopped by the thrift store and found a black Coldwater Creek top SIZE L and it looks great!

(I used to be so embarassed in public!)
  • You all are rocking it! amazing how our bodies change, right??? Debbie - I think I may have to start shopping there myself!

I went into Old Navy the other night and bought a pair of jeans in a size 18. I was wearing a size 22 when I started this. They were only $5 and are black (I don't own black jeans) and THEY ARE BIG!!! Still wearing them though!
  • Ok one more - lazy won over and we ordered Chinese/Burmese. Trying something new. Called and asked about the Szechuan style tofu (not fried, no sugar) - I figured I'd make my own brown rice and all would be good.

Nope.

So oily and icky, I had one bite and tossed it. And, instead of eating the crap and totally off plan stuff that DW purchased, I went into the cabinets (that are really bare) and ate some RF cheese, a few rice chips (not even a full serving!) and salsa. Not the best choice (we don't even have frozen veggies in the house for real) but also not what I'd normally do either!