3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Naked Pizza???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245295-naked-pizza.html)

jerseygiiirl 10-16-2011 08:35 PM

Naked Pizza????

Has anyone ever heard of this franchise? One just opened up. Crusts are a grains and no white flour or sugar. I'm dying for sone pizza!!!

jerseygiiirl 10-16-2011 08:36 PM

Cheese is part skim. They make a gluten free crust as well.

CyndiM 10-16-2011 08:59 PM

I was just checking out their website, very interesting. It doesn't say anything about not using white flour but if you've found an ingredient list that is all whole grain it would be interesting to try. Definitely avoid gluten free bread products. They are almost always made with a variety of non SBD friendly starches like potato, rice, tapioca, etc.

If you try it come back and tell us how it is, I'm really curious :) There is a Boston area chain that makes whole wheat crust pizza and we had that a few times on vacation last year. Yum

jerseygiiirl 10-16-2011 09:13 PM

K so here us a list of the crust. It says 10 grains plus prebiotic agave fiber and probiotics. Oats, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, teff, spelt, tapioca, and 3 kinds of wheat.

What do you think???

CyndiM 10-16-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseygiiirl (Post 4073523)
K so here us a list of the crust. It says 10 grains plus prebiotic agave fiber and probiotics. Oats, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, teff, spelt, tapioca, and 3 kinds of wheat.

What do you think???

They are implying but not saying. I did a little googling around and couldn't find an answer. Maybe just email them or call when they open?

jerseygiiirl 10-16-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyndiM (Post 4073530)
They are implying but not saying. I did a little googling around and couldn't find an answer. Maybe just email them or call when they open?

I asked them when I ordered if they put white flour or sugar in their crust and they said no... So with that said and the ingredients listed, what do you think? I need your expertise!

jenne1017 10-17-2011 12:21 AM

I think it's fine to try - see if it gives you cravings. Also be sure of what a serving size is :) I went out to Pizzeria Uno and they too now have a whole wheat crust and great toppings but ate pretty much the whole thing the other night. Didn't cause cravings but I was up this morning on the scale...

CyndiM 10-17-2011 05:51 AM

I'm with Jenn, give it a try and then see how you feel after. My problem is also portion control with stuff like that. Don't forget to tell us what you think :)

TwynnB 10-17-2011 06:39 AM

FWIW - I make my own pizza, on a tortilla crust. (I like thin and crispy pizzas)

jerseygiiirl 10-17-2011 07:07 AM

Ok, it was yummy. The slices are very small. Picture a dominos pizza. I had 2 slices and some grilled chicken and shrimp. Very naughty! Lol. No cravings and felt very fulfilled but stuffed. It will be a once in a while treat. Definetly worth the guilt.

zeffryn 10-17-2011 07:42 AM

We love it. It is some of the only delivery pizza that is fully on plan (phase 2). That being said, we don't get it often because it is hard to keep the portions small. It is quite filling, though, and 1-2 slices usually leaves me satisfied.

skinnyinthedesert 10-17-2011 07:54 AM

We have those here! I'm not totally sure if it's the same one, but it's a similar concept/. It's called N_K_D Pizza as this is a Muslim country and I guess they didn't feel comfortable flat out using "naked".

I've had the pizzas before. The toppings are delicious! The crusts are OK, but a bit chewy. Oh well, small price to pay to be able to have pizza on a diet :)

jerseygiiirl 10-17-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeffryn (Post 4073832)
We love it. It is some of the only delivery pizza that is fully on plan (phase 2). That being said, we don't get it often because it is hard to keep the portions small. It is quite filling, though, and 1-2 slices usually leaves me satisfied.

Yay! I feel so much better knowing another one of us eats it! I mean, I can make the ww pizza at home, but, it always taste better when someone else does it! lol...

Natasha1534 10-18-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwynnB (Post 4073784)
FWIW - I make my own pizza, on a tortilla crust. (I like thin and crispy pizzas)

I use 100% whole wheat pita bread. It's extremely yummy AND I don't have to worry about portion control. Plus I throw tons of spinach in my pizza sauce...more veggies AND super yummy!!!