SBD Weekend Chat, 10/15-10/16

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning! It's looking to be a gorgeous blue & gold weekend, perfect weather to go out searching for that perfect pumpkin and some mums to dress up the front steps. I was a good girl and got all my housework done yesterday, so I have all weekend to play.

Well, I can see my DS just pulled into the driveway. It's a good thing we have a full pot of coffee on. I'd better see what I can offer him for breakfast.

Let's unwrap the ribbons on this brand new day and get it started.
  • Good morning The foliage is absolutely perfect here, at least it was last night. Hope the rain left lots of it on the trees.

Cottage - I think that's the best thing about Fridays off Happy pumpkin hunting!

So the twitter version of yesterday (how many characters am I allowed?) is that DW is back at the hospital for 5 days but this time she is fine and this is proactive. Her surgery is now rescheduled for 11/7 and this 5 day treatment should give her enough improved health to really help with that. We also decided after much thought and many appointments that she will have the surgery locally, not in Boston. So 5 more days of running back and forth to the hospital but much less stress around those visits.

Right now I'm going to make my chore list for the next 5 days and toss the ingredients for chipotle split pea soup in the crockpot. Nothing better than coming home to a yummy fragrant dinner.
  • Good Morning

Cyndi, I'm so glad that you are being able to formulate a plan. DW sounded really upbeat on FB and I'm really hoping this treatment helps. Your soup sounds yummy-I finally made the HS soup yesterday-DH loved it, but with the tofu it won't freeze well. I like stuff I can freeze. I hope your plan for the next 5 days goes smoothly.

Linda, have a fun and chore free weekend!

Me, getting on my recumbent bike will be my first priority before we head to Denver to meet up with Kirk's DD. We're going to dim sum so the only thing I can do is make the best choices possible...nothing fried nothing sweet and think moderation. Mom asked about brunch tomorrow and I opted to pass since we already have a food event today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Good morning!

Linda - Sounds like a lovely fall day for you. Enjoy.

Cyndi - Glad to hear your good news. I love that about the crockpot too... and I'm much more motivated to "cook" in the morning.

Debbie - Dim sum... sounds tough. I'm dreaming about dumplings now.

I think we''ll go watch my 5 year old nephew play soccer today. Tonight we are going to a big shindig auction thing where my mom is being honored for her volunteerism. Like Debbie, I'm planning moderation since I suspect the offerings will be very much off plan. I think I'll have a mini-dinner before I go. My tight spanx might be just the thing to keep my mind on my belly fat rather than food I'll take motivation anywhere I can find it!

Have a great weekend, all.
  • Morning chicas!

Not so much for the foliage here but I am getting ready for work - spending the day with families and kids. Afterwards, I am going to need a drink and that is just what I am going to do! Pre-birthday celebration.

Linda, Cyn, Debbie and Karen- have a FANTASTIC start to your weekend!
  • Jenn, I hope your workday speeds by so you can start celebrating!

Karen, I'll keep you in my thoughts today as we both MODERATE!

I'm off to try a power walk by myself...may take BING...he's such a PITA on leash, though, but he needs exercise, too.
  • Good morning,

Cottage-good for you, I have all the housework to do today lol but I did get grocery shopping done yesterday

Cyndi- glad that you have a plan, will be thinking about you'll

Debbie- I have never heard of Dim Sum

Karen- we are going to DD1 soccer game in about 30 minutes

I think it will be a beautiful day here just starting out chilly. Day 6 of Phase 1 and I weighed in and lost 4 lbs the first week, so I was happy about that. Tomorrow I have to go into work for Maintenance window, I am taking DD2 with me she is so excited lol. Monday I am off to Oklahoma City for 4 days.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • good morning,

Cottage - enjoy your carefree day.

Cyndi - so glad things are in place. Soup sounds great. I too love my crockpot

Debbie - Dim Sum is a hard one to resist but I know you will do it. Enjoy your walk.

Karen - Isn't it great that your mother is so active. Congratulations to her

Jenn - Enjoy your drink and hope day passes quickly.

Pearlrose - have a good time in Oklahoma City.

me - its suppose to be a very windy day here today. We are going to Birch Run, Michigan tomorrow to the outlets to do some shopping and will stay overnight. That involves eating in restaurants but I hope to be on plan as much as possible.
    take care
    Sophie
  • I napped when I got home from the work event today (must have been the wine!) and now I've got insomnia! I don't care for tea but might try some with agave and lemon.

On tomorrow's agenda is to find a nice top for the wedding and then to food shop. Was hoping to get sneakers but am not sure we have the money to get them this round. Darn landlords!!! We've asked for arbitration from our former state...seems small claims looks more favorably when you try to mediate first. But it means another 2 months sans that money. Grrrr monkey!
  • Good morning. Had a terrific holiday in beautiful St Martins, NB and made several new friends. The food was great and the quantities were overwhelming. Back in the grove today.

Church is on the agenda as usual and then some "home" time. At six tonight we are casting for the children's Christmas pageant. Where does the time go?

Enjoy your Sunday, Beachies. I sure will!
  • Good morning

Ruth - your vacation sounds perfect. I love the combination of cooking, walking and coast.

So the crockpot didn't work out as planned. I got one of those bags of split peas that just didn't want to soften. I did have a bowl of mostly broth and then improvised. I hate it when that happens. I got a bag of yellow split peas that did that last year.

I decided that since I am driving past Lebanon every day I should get one of those BJs trial memberships, almost always available online. I've never really had much luck there because we don't eat the foods they carry and we usually end up with impulse purchases. Yesterday was the best experience I ever had. Maybe I'm more focused because of Trader Joe and more disciplined. I found just a few things but they are things we eat regularly and the prices were good. I only made one impulse purchase, a case of Lifewater 0, my guilty treat. I've never been big on artificially sweetened beverages but it's erythrytol and well, I kind of like them once in awhile

More of the same today - some chores and errands then off to visit DW and back home for the evening. It's nice to be home early enough to get some exercise in.
  • It's great to have you back, Ruth, and I'm glad you had such an enjoyable vacation. It seems way to early to be talking about Christmas, but I guess it will be here before we realize. That should be fun casting the wee performers.

Cyndi, I haven't come across that problem with split peas yet, thank goodness. Usually, I have the opposite problem. I share a BJ's membership with Cindy, but am not impressed with their prices. I have found a few bargains, but not many. You really have to know your prices, and I can usually do better elsewhere. Give my love to Julie!

It was sunny, although very windy and chilly yesterday. We spent a delightful morning driving around deep in the Amish country, stopping at markets and what ever else caught our attention. I didn't get any pumpkins or mums, but I did get a bushel basket of wonderful Golden Delicious apples. They are the only apples I will use for baking, and I know Jake is happily envisioning apple cakes, apple crisp, and apple pies in his future.

Jake is going out to the farm today to paint all the gates in the paddocks, so I'll be on my own. And I'm not going to do a thing! It is a day of rest, after all. But the kids will be coming over this evening for supper, and I plan to make them a meatloaf and throw together an apple crisp for their dessert.
  • Wow, I am tired! We landed in Pittsburgh at 9 pm, then had to drive home, arriving at 1 am. The car alarm woke us up (and probably half the neighborhood...sorry!!) at 7 am. (then it went off AGAIN) Needless to say, I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep!

THe trip was amazing. Since I didn't eat too well, I am actually looking forward to making a menu and eating well again. Hmmm...what's on the menu?!
  • Good Morning

I've been up for quite awhile but now DH wants to enjoy the early mornings with me...can't complain...it just messes w/my computer time. I've hemmed a pair of skinny jeans and am wearing them., have cleaned out the bathroom cupboards and I'm headed out for my new morning walk. I took Bing yesterday and Kirk wants to join in now, too. (He can have Bing )

Welcome back Ruth and Twynn! Glad to hear you both had such a great time and are looking forward to getting back on the SBD wagon!

Cyndi, take care and send warm regards to Julie.

Linda, enjoy your "home alone" time! I should get a new novel and try it some time!

Jenn, I hope you find a nice top for your ceremony!

sophie, I envy you at the outlets!

Pearlrose, sorry you have to work...funny DD is excited, though.

Karen, hope your dinner went well. I did good yesterday.

Ok, walk time!
  • Good afternoon everyone! Loved the sermon on Marriage at Church considering I'm preparing for it at some point!