Soon to be married- and on SB!

• Hi all, I'm new to the forum but not to South Beach. I've done phase 1 in the past to lose a few pounds but never stuck with it. I'm determined this time to get down to 130 pounds, I want to feel good in a swimsuit for once!

Some about me, I'm 21, 5'4" and 215 pounds- pretty much the highest I've ever been. Being over 200 has been mortifying for me. I see myself in my head as much skinnier then I am. I have a stick thin sister (5'6" and 110lbs) and I'm the only over weight one in my family- I've always gotten grief from my family for it (not the outright saying-I'm-fat kinda grief, more of the underlying guilt type)

I'm getting married December 2nd (although I should have started losing the weight before this... :/)! My fiancee and I are doing SB together, along with working out together. We've done average so far (no cheating) but have stayed steady with working out every day!

I feel like we're struggling with eating enough food. We're on day 3 of phase 1 and I've felt like I'm soooo hungry most of every day. I've added snacks but still feel lacking. I'm also very picky (I eat like a 5 year old) so breakfast has been very hard for me. I'm used to eating a bagel or muffin but now am stuck with eggs (gross for me) and so I can't stand eating much in the morning.

I would love to post before, during, and after photos for motivation, and it's definitely great finding a forum with support! I look forward to reading other people's stories and to gaining more motivation (as if a wedding dress/photos arent enough!!!!)
  • Welcome and congratulations! Many of us don't eat eggs for breakfast. Think outside the box. Leftovers are great. I eat beans every morning. There are several threads on here if you search that will give you other ideas.

I know some SBers were not hungry on PH1 but I was. Beans helped, as did carefully portioned nuts or peanuts.
  • Boriqua, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

As WaistingTime already mentioned, there are many alternatives other than eggs for breakfast. Check out the stickied thread for Breakfast Alternatives in our FAQ section for some great ideas. I'm not a big fan of eggs, either, and would often enjoy leftovers from supper in Phase 1. Think outside the box, anything goes as long as it's Phase 1 compliant.

Also, when you are hungry, eat. You should be eating at least 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day, plus including 2 cups of dairy (cheese not included) in your daily plan. And beans will really help curb those hunger pangs, too. They're full of fiber and will keep you feeling full and satisfied.

Good luck, and we look forward to sharing your progress.
  • Welcome! I hope you come here and join us often. The support and all kinds of readily avaliable information is so helpful to me. I'm another who doesn't eat eggs for breakfast. I ate leftovers on P1, then switched back to a smoothie. My smoothie breakfast has evolved over the years and would probably be close to a "green monster" now. I have a vita mix and put fresh veggies in mine, too.

Best wishes!
  • Thank you all for the welcome! It's great that there is a forum with support! I'm feeling alot better about phase 1 since I got the chance to do some research yesterday. I have the very first addition of SB and was so excited to find out I can drink milk! I had some with dinner last night and I felt like it made a huge difference (or maybe thats just cause I love milk!) Also discovered nonfat refried beans on the list, so I picked up a can last night

I did find a bunch of non egg breakfasts (or at least something different then veggies&egg) so I'm excited about that. I'm a baker so it's hard for me not to be actually eating bread! This morning I made almond flour pancakes that were decent with turkey sausage, not too bad.

Was exciting this morning to wake up with a 3 pound loss! The definite killer will be these cold nights though. Taking our nightly walk will not be so enjoyable now that it's getting to low 40s by 9...