3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tuesday's Daily Chat 10/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/244890-tuesdays-daily-chat-10-11-a.html)

cottagebythesea 10-11-2011 06:31 AM

Tuesday's Daily Chat 10/11

Good Tuesday morning!

I have the coffee on, and the tea kettle is handy. Come pour yourself a brew of your choice and let's get the day rolling! :coffee2:

It looks like we'll have one more day of sunshine before the rain rolls in. I expect today will be busy with catching up from the long weekend, and it will be a late day for me as well. I'm going to have to find the time to get to the grocery store, though, as Jake didn't do any shopping (as he promised) while I was gone, and the refrigerator is nearly empty!

So, how's your day shaping up? :cofdate:

Lexxiss 10-11-2011 06:37 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I thought more folks would be rolling in by now! Thanks for the coffee, Linda! I'm glad you made it home safely and had such a wonderful time! Have a great day!

We're buzzing around here. Kirk is in the shop making cutting boards which he will sell now that the holidays are around the corner. I'm still organizing and have a bank appt with mom later. A woman is coming to haul firewood from our yard, then I think our outside chores are all finished for the year! Yesterday, OP, and I'm looking forward to another.

:wave: Have a great day everyone!

CyndiM 10-11-2011 06:57 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I have a wonderful pot of coffee here this morning. I accidentally discovered (through actually reading the manual :eek:) that the filter in our coffee maker should be changed every 60 pots. I got it confused with the self cleaning thing which never seems to need to run. So the filter that should be changed every couple of months hasn't been changed in the 5 years I've owned the coffee maker. Today we have a new filter so my favorite coffee is even better :dizzy:

Cottage - Hope you get to enjoy the last sunny day between work and errands. It has been amazing weather.

Debbie - I didn't realize Kirk made cutting boards. I'd love to see pics sometime. We have a beautiful board we received as a wedding gift. A friend's son makes them.
I'm disappointed you won't make it East this year. There is a chance, actually a good one, that we will be in Vegas in April. We want to go to a conference there and ideally we will spend a few extra days birding. I have no sense of geography, so not sure how close that would be but I know it's in the West :o

Julie worked 3 hours yesterday and is feeling pretty good. She is off to do that again today. It does mean I'm dropping her at the carpool lot and then picking her up at the college, but it's worth it to get her back into a normal routine. She might drive tomorrow if she is up to it. In the meantime I am way behind on my contract work. First the ED needed to negotiate the contract forever then we settled the day Julie went in the hospital. Turns out trying to focus on anything with something like that going on is nearly impossible, at least for me. I'm in hard core work mode too, so everyone is getting back to normal. No matter what I will make time to get out for another walk today. It's too nice to miss.

skinnyinthedesert 10-11-2011 07:25 AM

Hi everyone! The weather here is gorgeous! It's perfect beach weather, and beach party season is officially here! I'm kinda cursing myself for not discovering SBD earlier! Oh well, I have until May when it starts getting too hot again!
I'm on day 4 and it's getting kinda hard. I'm not a big fan of meat, and a lot of the recipes have that. I might try a meatless eggplant lasagna tomorrow. I'm gonna have a look through the recipe sections as well because I'm already running out of ideas!
ETA:
I banged my knee in a bodybalance class last week and it was bruised for a while. Today it's a bit sore and I think it might be because I overdid the running yesterday :( I think I'm just gonna do some yoga tonight and stay off my knee.

southmplsgirl 10-11-2011 07:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Glad you had a great trip, cottage!
Debbie, here's to another OP day!
Cyndi, it's great to hear that Julie is back at work a bit.
Skinny, great to meet you!

Well scale finally budged below 154...after three weeks of stalling and being OP 2 days this week..what the?! I'll take it, but will also stick to a p1 day today.

Busy, busy, busy at work, so talk to you all later!

Lexxiss 10-11-2011 07:41 AM

skinnyitd, :welcome2: to the daily chat! There are lots of vegetarian beachers who could help...even on P1. Check out Kalyn's Kitchen. It's a website which concentrates on SBD recipes. She's really talented and there's lots of meat free recipes there. I love her P1 egg casseroles and make them using veggie sausage (or just veggies). I hope your knee heals quickly!

Angie, congrats on scale movement! I hope your busy day goes by quickly!

Cyndi, glad to hear Julie is doing so well! I hope you get caught up on work. Vegas is further than Taos but Zion Natl. Park and fossil hunting is in the middle so we'd be game! It would be really nice to meet Julie.

WaistingTime 10-11-2011 09:38 AM

Good morning!

I have book club tonight, which means lots of food temptation. I'm pretty motivated to stay OP since I need to fit into some skinny pants on Saturday. Someone suggested I put them on before I go out tonight and I think that's a great idea.

I have a couple of big stressors right now with no end in sight but so far I am just feeling stressed and like my head might explode, rather than a need to roll in a tub of ice cream or drown my feelings in a shower of chocolate:)

My other big challenge, besides book club and the stress stuff, is making up Halloween care packages to send to my boys. I WILL NOT eat any candy! Committing it here, in writing.

Off to eat some beans...

Have a great day, everyone.

jenne1017 10-11-2011 09:45 AM

hi all :wave:

First day back at work since Wednesday and need to play catch up on a lot of stuff. Will check in later/later tonight. Have a good TWOsday all :lol3:

BellaLucia 10-11-2011 07:20 PM

Today is a good day. It's not too warm or cold. I'm gonna watch Biggest Loser at 8 and Unforgettable at 10. Tomorrow, I will do laundry and walk to the library afterwards. My dietician looked over three days of my food journal and gave me tips on how to increase my fruits, veggies, and calcium intake.