3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   NSV: October 10-16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/244827-nsv-october-10-16-a.html)

jenne1017 10-10-2011 07:58 AM

NSV: October 10-16

:carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc:

This is the place to share you non-scale victories (NSV) this week. While the numbers on the scale matter, so do the other things like clothes finally not being tight or someone noticing your new shirt or a muscle where it never was before.

jyoyo78 10-14-2011 06:17 PM

Okay...I'm back....again...sigh. I have an NSV for the week. I was on the verge of trying a very bad for me diet in the hopes of losing weight quickly. I researched it for HOURS!!! Then I finally came to the realization that South Beach is the only think that works for me. I can eat good for me foods, I don't have to count anything or track anything, I have a huge support group here at 3FC..the list goes on and on. I don't know why I keep thinking I should give up and try something else!!!

I LOVE SB!!!! ha ha

Now, gotta buckle down and hit up Phase 1 for a while...get myself back on track!

jenne1017 10-14-2011 06:24 PM

Great job!

My jeans are officially too big for me. Wearing my pants around my butt is not a style I care to take on!

Lexxiss 10-15-2011 07:57 AM

Yay, Jenn! It's great when they're baggy but there does come a point when you just can't wear them anymore!

Thursday I approached some walking women and asked if I could join them. They said great! Friday when it came time I had lots of headtalk and considered not going. I finally walked up my back stairs and joined in. They are a group of women in their mid thirties who have been power walking 5 days a week for 3 months on a 2-1/2 mile circle.

Another woman who was joining for the first time stopped 1/3 of the way and said she would get a ride home. I'm 53, and it was definitely a push but I kept up and completed the entire walk. I thought I might be sore today but I'm not.

jenne1017 10-15-2011 08:27 AM

Great job Debbie!

mzKiki 10-15-2011 10:04 AM

Great Job Debbie!!!
Jenne saggy is all the rage with the kids give it a try! LOL.
Jyoyo Glad that you stayed away from that unhealthy diet! SB is the best.

I don't have a NSV but love reading everyone's.

messycrayola 10-16-2011 06:20 AM

Well, I finished my last (official) day of Phase 1 today! Definitely a NSV for me. I remember looking ahead to the end of the 2 week period when I first started and didn't quite believe that I would be able to complete it. Two weeks without pasta? :?: Unthinkable!

I think though that I will continue in Phase 1 for another week to completely eliminate all my cravings. Also as I'm obese (but not for much longer!) this is allowable.

Great to hear everyone else's victories as well :)

Ruthxxx 10-16-2011 06:37 AM

I was able to walk part of the Fundy Trail and kept up with the group without huffing and puffing! 25pounds does make a difference.