3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Need a yummy dinner idea! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/244007-need-yummy-dinner-idea.html)

jerseygiiirl 09-27-2011 06:25 PM

Need a yummy dinner idea!

Ok so day 9 and ordering a pizza is sounding really good to us! Lol. I have browsed the phase 1 recipes and you can point me to one you love, but need an awesome dinner idea for tomorrow night. Salads and meat are getting extremely boring.

cottagebythesea 09-27-2011 07:45 PM

How about steaming up a bag of broccoli slaw, and topping it with your favorite spaghetti sauce? Or try the Taco Bake recipe or the Crackslaw. They are both big hits here in our forum. The Spaghetti Squash Pie and the Chicken & Spinach Casserole are also popular and delicious.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

hpnodat 09-27-2011 07:53 PM

Since you're still on phase 1 why don't you go out and get some nice ny strip steaks or filet mignon grill it along with some marinated grilled veggies. Steak & veggies is what got me through Ph1.

jerseygiiirl 09-27-2011 09:01 PM

I'm gonna go with the chicken/spinach casserole! Thanks!!! Anyone try the "macaroni" bake for phase 1?

jenne1017 09-27-2011 09:32 PM

eggplant parm is #1 for me when I am sick of meats.
taco bake is my #1 of all time followed closely by Crackslaw (which I ate last night with ground white meat turkey in a romaine lettuce boat)

Usernametaken 09-27-2011 10:02 PM

You could always try a pseudo pizza using zuchini or portabello mushrooms as the base.

1oftheLuvs 09-28-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017 (Post 4049645)
eggplant parm is #1 for me when I am sick of meats.
taco bake is my #1 of all time followed closely by Crackslaw (which I ate last night with ground white meat turkey in a romaine lettuce boat)

You're still a crackhead, Jenn... :lol:

TwynnB 09-28-2011 06:32 AM

Are you where it's cool enough to make soups? Ahhh, that'll open a whole new door for you!!

jerseygiiirl 09-28-2011 07:54 AM

I'm tempted to do the crack slaw but I'm scared of the cabbage. I can handle it raw but cooked, I'm not sure. When you make it is the cabbage still firm?

jenne1017 09-28-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs (Post 4049890)
You're still a crackhead, Jenn... :lol:

Um...OBVI!! :lol3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseygiiirl (Post 4050036)
I'm tempted to do the crack slaw but I'm scared of the cabbage. I can handle it raw but cooked, I'm not sure. When you make it is the cabbage still firm?

I only like cabbage really raw too and add it in the last 30 seconds so yes, it's still real firm. Reheating can cause mushy slaw so I just add more crunchy, raw slaw after I reheat it up.

When it's cooked, it's actually easier on the 'ol digestive system, FYI.

Chelby29 09-28-2011 09:55 AM

Crack slaw is one of my favorites. I cook it till it's the consistency of the inside of an eggroll. Yummy!

My VERY favorite is the spaghetti squash pizza. I put the squash in a colander to get it good and dry before baking it. I also cook it on a cookie sheet instead of a deep-dish pie plate, so it's thinner. Hubby likes this one best, too.

SouthLake 09-28-2011 10:21 AM

Have you been to Kalyn's Kitchen? She has a blog FULL of SB recipes, and features a whole slew of P1 specific recipes once a month, with an archive going back a few years. Her site has really opened new doors for me with trying new recipes and getting creative.

fozentusic 09-28-2011 12:44 PM

I second the recommendation to go to Kalynskitchen.com
SO GOOD.

I made this for lunch today.
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/01...icken-and.html

Crack slaw in romaine boats sounds delicious too!

If you find the deep dish spaghetti squash pie recipe in the recipe section here, that's another favorite of mine. Yum! Labour intensive but delicious.

jerseygiiirl 09-28-2011 01:25 PM

You convinced me! I'm making crack slaw now and doing the spaghetti squash bake for dinner and doing it super thin! I'm excited! Thanks everyone!

jerseygiiirl 09-28-2011 01:35 PM

Add me to the crackers!!! Yummmmmmmy! Made it with chicken and red cabbage. What do you think of mixing in some mayo and eating it cold like a slaw?? Too much good fats?