3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Super Newbie with a ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/243843-super-newbie.html)

AEHutton 09-25-2011 09:29 PM

Super Newbie with a ?

Hi Everyone!
I'm Ashley and I'm starting SouthBeach tomorrow!
My question is....i hate V8.....and eggs(working on that)
How in the world do you get veggies in breakfast wise? or is it ok if i have my AM snack be veggies?
Thanks in Advance! :)

sheramama 09-25-2011 09:56 PM

I've never done south beach, but I get my kids to eat veggies by getting the pured kind-think Gerbers for babies-and hide it in their food. It mixes well with sauces, in meats like meatload and burgers, etc. That might help you too. Or you can juice them. Same with eggs. You can make smoothies with the liquid pasterized ones so you won't taste it.

I hope it helps :) Good luck!

Lexxiss 09-25-2011 10:10 PM

:welcome2:

I was a green smoothie fan, even before starting SBD, so my morning veggies are easy-I blend them all up. I'm sure others will chime in. It seems like having them with a morning snack would be reasonable.

I'm not a V-8 fan, either.

cottagebythesea 09-26-2011 06:46 AM

:welcome:, Ashley! You can have your veggies for your snack or any meal of the day, just as long as you're getting the required 4 1/2 cups in each day. You may find the stickied thread in our FAQ's for Breakfast Alternatives helpful and give you ideas for your breakfasts. As for eating veggies, have you tried roasting them? It really brings out their flavor and makes them yummier.

Good luck!

jenne1017 09-26-2011 08:59 AM

I always added my veggies to eggs (I wasn't a fan either so I'd do egg whites and spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms or the like) - also eat lots of cucumbers as a morning snack. Usually my snacks were raw veggies as well as at least a small salad at lunch so it all balances out!

WaistingTime 09-26-2011 09:07 AM

I don't eat veggies for breakfast. Not a big egg fan either. My breakfast now for over a year is beans. I eat veggies other times of day, especially for my afternoon snack.

jasmtnljj 09-26-2011 12:08 PM

I dump salsa on my eggs and also cheese. I am a chips and cheese former addict so it settles my craving and it gets my veggies in

FurnaceOfAchievement 09-27-2011 12:22 PM

I just don't eat eggs for breakfast - maybe try out:
- cottage cheese with splenda, or sugar free hot cocoa powder
- green monster (1 c almond milk + 1 handful spinnach + 1 T flax + 1 T sugar free cocoa powder + 4 ice cubes)
- lunch/dinner leftovers
- cheesecake smoothie
- SBD "muffin"
- white bean "muffins"
- Atkins or Edge Carb Control shakes (find next to the Balance Bars in the grocery store)